JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Favorite Beer?

Ummm, I'm a beer person. I like the dark full bodied beers. Nothing better when you come in from the garden full of good 'ol brown dirt than a frosty bottle of beer.  

If I'm going to do this I want to do it right - any particular recommendation on the type of dark beer to use?

Lagunitas IPA Lilttle Sumpin' Sumpin'..... YUM! Drink mine ice cold as a chaser to Jack Daniel's Honey Whisky shot.....

I don't have a favorite, per sey. Beers are like music, it depends on my mood. I'm so glad I live in a place where there is no shortage of selection or breweries. Keep your milk and honey - hops and barley!

That said, no one's mentioned New Holland's Dragon's Milk.  You practically need a spoon. Nom noms!

Yang one ever tried smoked beer? The malt is smoked before used in production, and the beer is rich and kind of tastes like biting into a smoked ham at the same time.mnit my all time favorite, but now and then I get one. "Schlenkerla" from Bamberg, Germany. They also make a smoked Weizen (Wheat-) beer. But that's about as exotic as it gets.

Germans don't really like "destroying" the main ingredients (keep it simple: water, malt, hops) and take it from there. You'd be surprised what one comes up with. Cherry beer and things like that...are made and sold here but mostly frowned upon.

Leave that to the Belgians. Walk into a store that sells beer (3 weeks ago) and you leave mind-boggled. Crazy how many variations!

Germans tend to keep with the "Reinheitsgebot", an old (of course now not applicable anymore) law that kept beer pure: malt, malt, hops.

• 3 weeks later...

My two cents :Budweiser Black Crown.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

My two cents :Budweiser Black Crown.

I'm not a fan of Budweiser or cheaper (I have exquisite and expensive beer tastes) but I must say Black Crown was tasty.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoy an ice cold beer on a hot day. Maybe a few on a patio relaxing with friends.

Lately I have been drinking a crevasse mad by Presidents choice. Its very clean taste with a smooth finish.

In the winter I love a local beer called Waterloo dark. Made by Waterloo Brewing Company. Its a dark lager with a very creamy head. Long finish and stands up very well spicy food or the most robust steak.

Hey Greg, I really like the P.C beer u mentioned. Especially the creveza (I think I spelled that right) in the hot summer days. Now we have a local beer in Sudbury called "Stacks" as in the super stack that can be seen from probably the moon.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

I'm not a fan of Budweiser or cheaper (I have exquisite and expensive beer tastes) but I must say Black Crown was tasty.

Agreed Bob. Some of cheaper /low quality ones give me a headache. I like this thread! ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 1 month later...

Agreed Bob. Some of cheaper /low quality ones give me a headache. I like this thread! ☺

I agree men, the cheaper beer is awful. I'm at an age where it's definitely about quality. If it passes over these tastebuds it'd better be good. 

We have several brewery's here between Oregon and Washington, they have taste testing starting at 2 pm so I want to taste some good wheatie beers and some nice dark, like food, beers. I don't know what a growler looks like but I'm getting a couple and going to start getting them filled after each taste testing. Num.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 1 month later...

Greg,

In the  summer there is nothing better than a good Draft ROOT BEER, served in icey frosted mugs,

along with a good cheese coney dog, or hamburger. My version of heaven. When I was quite young

my father would load up the family, and take us to the local root beer stand to treat us, as did his father

before him. so it has become in our family a family tradition.

GStorrs46

I bet that when you were young, the root beer was awesome and the coney dogs and hamburgers premium had meat.... sometimes I wish I could take a trip back in time to when I wasn't even born.

• 1 month later...

Doesn’t seem like this topic is far from the top but no responses since mid-April?  :huh:

I’m a craft beer connoisseur, along with a handful of other brothers from around my area. Some even brew their own. I have pretty expensive tastes, for sure. I’m more of an IPA person, so those typically fill my fridge, but I do enjoy a wide variety of craft beers (American or otherwise). I’m the type of person that, if a restaurant only serves the likes of Budweiser or Coors, I will not drink beer at all, but instead order a Jack & Coke or just abstain completely and stick with water.  :D

Anyway, some of my favorite beers…

• Stone Ruination IPA (the original, haven’t had 2.0 yet)
  • Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA
  • Ommegang Three Philosophers
  • Green Flash Palate Wrecker
  • Sierra Nevada Narwhal
  • Lagunitas Brown Shugga’
  • Abita Turbo Dog
  • Surly CynicAle

And, if someone wants me to bring a “six pack” and I know they are expecting something like Budweiser, I bring them Lagunitas Pils or New Belgium Fat Tire.  :lol:

Jack and Coke? Did I hear you to say JACK and COKE? Oh man!  Sacrilege my man!! A mixer with Jack?

Ok so you redeemed yourself with Fat Tire, but just barely!

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 5 months later...

I'm not a beer drinker but my wife found a six-pack of Shake chocolate porter beer. It's pretty good, I might make an ice cream float with it... :drink:

http://boulderbeer.com/shake

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I'm not a beer drinker but my wife found a six-pack of Shake chocolate porter beer. It's pretty good, I might make an ice cream float with it... :drink:

http://boulderbeer.com/shake

Yes, it will be awesome.

Here is another dark if anyone is into flavor.  Mississippi Mud. If nothing else you get a cool bottle.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/638/1741/

I'm sitting here drinking my latest brew- Hoppy Red IPA- Oh man! It's the best yet!

Going over to a brothers' house for taco supper tomorrow, he said bring your Limencello and 2 6-packs of Hoppy Red. Guess I did something right! 

You should taste this, it's amazing. Think I'll make another 5 gallons tomorrow I seem to be running out all the time.......

Root Beer ( the real deal ) is a darker beer. You have to make it yourself.

If you don't like the exploding bottles or the yeasty taste, Then... Take a sweet root beer like Hires or A&W cold and add a shot of good rye wiskey to it. :drink::)-D:)-D

Or just a tall cold glass of Hires or A&W on the rocks ( :censored: for A&W I know )

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I'm making root beer too Peter. I had to scrounge up the 2 liter bottles for it (we don't drink much commercially made soda). It doesn't take as long as beer and it goes right into the 2 liter's right away. This is the best, richest, yummiest root beer ever. Reminds me of the old A&W but somehow richer.

AND not rye whiskey but a good vodka is perfect in it!