JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

So that's where you went? Tell us about your travels!

• 3 weeks later...

Not really anywhere I went... but somewhere I am frequently, just up the road from home:

post-4283-0-91897300-1428414229_thumb.jp

This is the dam that feeds the market garden across the road from here. But this past year has been very hard on it, what is typically a very beautiful sight as you come around the curve and over the crest to see it.

Generally with the sun shining over it, it glistens and looks just great, but as you can see here it was very, very low in December. But now, after some good rain this past week, it's starting to fill again:

post-4283-0-94232300-1428414395_thumb.jp

It's certainly not yet full, but it does look a lot better.

• 3 weeks later...

Another one along the New England Highway...

Yes, I did post this in the 'Post a picture' thread, but it belongs here as well:

attachicon.gif0415mnbMoonbilookout.jpg

This is looking South from the lookout half-way up the Moonbi Range. The town of Moonbi is partially behind the hill in the middle of the pic.

The New England HWY sure is a looooonnnnggggg!!!! Stretch of RD.

Your pics are good Ray. Anything with sone ocean? Please. :) ?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Here's one I took a few years ago...

I was working near Old Bar, where the Manning River empties into the sea. The Manning rises in the mountains around Barrington Tops and flows through a fertile valley which has Taree as its main town. Just downstream of Taree there's an island in the river called Dumaresq Island.

The Manning's lower reaches weren't bridged until the late thirties, that bridge is now considered narrow (and feels it when you have to pass an oncoming semi-trailer) and it took traffic through the main street of town, with a long and drawn-out passage along through to Cundletown to hold up through traffic.

About twelve or fifteen years ago a dual carriageway bypass was built and bridges took it across the Manning onto and off Dumaresq Island. These bridges were built using a German method where the piers are put in place and then the deck is built in one piece, but it's built at one end and about 12 metres are cast in concrete each week. Then as each new piece sets the growing deck is pushed hydraulically out over the piers to ultimately reach the other shore.

It was a pretty new bridge when I took this shot...

post-4283-0-35195500-1430240801_thumb.jp

Originally posted by surfergirl

The New England HWY sure is a looooonnnnggggg!!!! Stretch of RD.

Your pics are good Ray. Anything with some ocean? Please?

Gabe, you remember that great part at the last convention? You know, the one where (as we were still wiping the tears after the video on Sunday morning) the five young blokes were discussing what they would do in the new system?

The second one had the right idea... he wants to live in the mountains. And so do I (as I more or less do now), but I think I'd be happy to take that 30-year walking holiday one of the others had planned!

Now, there is an answer to this. If you recall the catchphrase Cadbury's used to use in their advertising, 'the factory by mountain and sea', you realise that mountains and sea live together in Tasmania and I took Janet down there back in 2005...

post-4283-0-48067000-1430242575_thumb.jp

This sunrise is seen from Bicheno on the East Coast of Tasmania, while on the North Coast, near Boat Harbour I snapped this bit of coastline:

post-4283-0-03886000-1430242642_thumb.jp

And here's one I didn't post yet from last weekend... this farm is near Ben Lomond, just south of Glencoe...

post-4283-0-95050000-1430242605_thumb.jp

This time of the year is great for the autumn colours, of course, and mostly you don't get that by the sea. Canberra, for instance, would be just fabulous right now and I'm a bit displeased that I didn't get a sunny day in Armidale this past weekend to get some good colourful autumn shots.

Anyway, these are ready for you when you awaken...

Just mention that I took them...

The best sunset pics I have are from Idaho, did I post one of them?

Idaho? Not sure...If you did, I have not seen them...Thank you for giving permission for the pictures! Will use them as part of wallpaper and screensaver. Trying to gather nice ones. If someone sees and asks, will tell them they are from you. By the way, my current avatar is a sunrise seen on a flight with the moon in the back. That was so beautiful!

Gabe, you remember that great part at the last convention? You know, the one where (as we were still wiping the tears after the video on Sunday morning) the five young blokes were discussing what they would do in the new system?The second one had the right idea... he wants to live in the mountains. And so do I (as I more or less do now), but I think I'd be happy to take that 30-year walking holiday one of the others had planned!Now, there is an answer to this. If you recall the catchphrase Cadbury's used to use in their advertising, 'the factory by mountain and sea', you realise that mountains and sea live together in Tasmania and I took Janet down there back in 2005...attachicon.gif0415bichenosunrise.jpgThis sunrise is seen from Bicheno on the East Coast of Tasmania, while on the North Coast, near Boat Harbour I snapped this bit of coastline:attachicon.gif0415boatharbourcoast.jpgAnd here's one I didn't post yet from last weekend... this farm is near Ben Lomond, just south of Glencoe...attachicon.gif0415bnlmndscene.jpgThis time of the year is great for the autumn colours, of course, and mostly you don't get that by the sea. Canberra, for instance, would be just fabulous right now and I'm a bit displeased that I didn't get a sunny day in Armidale this past weekend to get some good colourful autumn shots.Anyway, these are ready for you when you awaken...

I love Bicheno. So beautiful. Reminds me of where I live.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Gabe, you remember that great part at the last convention? You know, the one where (as we were still wiping the tears after the video on Sunday morning) the five young blokes were discussing what they would do in the new system?

The second one had the right idea... he wants to live in the mountains. And so do I (as I more or less do now), but I think I'd be happy to take that 30-year walking holiday one of the others had planned!

Now, there is an answer to this. If you recall the catchphrase Cadbury's used to use in their advertising, 'the factory by mountain and sea', you realise that mountains and sea live together in Tasmania and I took Janet down there back in 2005...

attachicon.gif0415bichenosunrise.jpg

This sunrise is seen from Bicheno on the East Coast of Tasmania, while on the North Coast, near Boat Harbour I snapped this bit of coastline:

attachicon.gif0415boatharbourcoast.jpg

And here's one I didn't post yet from last weekend... this farm is near Ben Lomond, just south of Glencoe...

attachicon.gif0415bnlmndscene.jpg

This time of the year is great for the autumn colours, of course, and mostly you don't get that by the sea. Canberra, for instance, would be just fabulous right now and I'm a bit displeased that I didn't get a sunny day in Armidale this past weekend to get some good colourful autumn shots.

Anyway, these are ready for you when you awaken...

I had to think really hard about that video with the 3 Brothers. I remember... Yes they were great..

I have been to Tassie a few times.. I loved touring Cadbury's Chocs...I used to love the old Guy who would Say... A glass & a half of full cream Milk goes into every piece..Well thats what I remember...They no longer do the tours...We went last year. to Tassie.. I love that picture Ray.. Its more a pleasure to visit Anvers Chocolate factory in Latrobe.

These pictures are taken today around Mutton Island. 

post-1015-0-00060500-1430827788_thumb.jp     

Aboriginal Sundial.

post-1015-0-46292100-1430827864_thumb.jp

post-1015-0-30524700-1430827953_thumb.jp                                            post-1015-0-01295700-1430827993_thumb.jp

post-1015-0-06892400-1430828070_thumb.jp

Coffs Harbor Jetty 

post-1015-0-28947100-1430828184_thumb.jp

A few more from our trip to Tasmania ten years ago...

post-4283-0-63606600-1431046233_thumb.jp

The trip was made in winter, this old stone home was still engulfed in frost at about 10am.

post-4283-0-75485200-1431046336_thumb.jp

One night we camped at Mt Nelson, this was the next morning's view across Sandy Bay to Hobart.

post-4283-0-88412700-1431046652_thumb.jp

Maria Island, up the East coast... but there's lots to be seen on the West coast:

post-4283-0-88014500-1431046702_thumb.jp

Macquarie Harbour, the largest harbour in Australia, is the set-off point for the Gordon River Cruise, something you shouldn't miss.

Ok, here are some I see everyday, I didn't take them but would if I needed to because it's my community. I put some pics on Post a Picture of Astoria, where I work and used to live, but these are of where I live now. Thirty minutes is all from Astoria. Nice place Long Beach and Ocean Park Washington.

The world's largest frying pan, in a small park downtown.

post-1083-0-63971400-1431474721.jpg

This is taken in a small park up by the lighthouse where we go to in early morning service. My pics here are never THIS good!

post-1083-0-75876600-1431474799.jpg

Here's what they all look like when they come to dig clams. We can have a few thousand diggers here on a dig weekend!

post-1083-0-82864000-1431474830.jpg

And this is of Jacks Country Store. It's a place where you can find anything!!! It has stuff stacked up to the ceiling on shelves. I can even get galvanized tubs as I buy some kleenex!

post-1083-0-70805900-1431474939.jpg

Here's their catalogue, look them up. They're online.

post-1083-0-05533300-1431474980.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

These are photo's of where I live. I drive past them everyday and Jacks is THE place to go and get what you're looking for. Was just there 2 days ago to get Bromine for the hot tub, didn't think they'd have it but I was wrong- they did!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

These are photo's of where I live. I drive past them everyday and Jacks is THE place to go and get what you're looking for. Was just there 2 days ago to get Bromine for the hot tub, didn't think they'd have it but I was wrong- they did!

Cheryl, I think what Ray means is that this is a thread for places you have travelled to, while he recently started a new thread for pictures of the place where you live. He's inviting you to post some pictures there too. :)

Love your pictures Christopher, cute couple. Wish I could go there, maybe for my 60 th. Anniversary. 

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Thanks Vernalee. We had an excellent meal in one of Lyon's good restaurants last night. My wife's dessert - floating islands - had a candle on it! The maitre d' wished her happy birthday! Food was divine, though.

On Wednesday we go to Avignon.