JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The President

Are you guys making fun of me ...... I was very serious !! :)

Sorry.

The pacific tree octopus died off many years ago. Tourists would feed them peanuts and the salt killed them.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Are you guys making fun of me ...... I was very serious !! :)

Sorry.

The pacific tree octopus died off many years ago. Tourists would feed them peanuts and the salt killed them.

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/

If 25 7th graders become believers, why can't you?  :)

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/

If 25 7th graders become believers, why can't you?  :)

I thought they were extinct, it's good to see there have been some recent sightings.

I use to work in a lumber yard and it was sad to see a delivery of redwood with large black stains on it because you knew someone had killed a PTO. They lose their ink when they die and it makes black marks on the wood...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I thought they were extinct, it's good to see there have been some recent sightings.

I use to work in a lumber yard and it was sad to see a delivery of redwood with large black stains on it because you knew someone had killed a PTO. They lose their ink when they die and it makes black marks on the wood...

:lol1:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Too soon Jerry, too soon---

Yup.....

I'm glad to hear that there are some PTO still out there, when I go to a lumber yard and see the redwood boards with black stains on them it is bittersweet because I know there are some PTO still alive but another one died... :(

OTOH: It also means that not all of the Sasquatch have migrated to Wyoming... :)

Edited by Tortuga

Rare PTO sighting:

When I was a kid there was a kid down the street that had one. His father would leave the family for several months at a time and would work as a lumberjack, he would always bring something home for the kids and one year he brought home a PTO. The lumberjack hated the PTO, how would you like to step on one of those things?

Anyway, Steve called it Slinky and kept it in an aquarium and fed it snails. It was pretty cool to watch it. Well...one day his dad got laid off, came home drunk, saw the PTO and the next thing you know there was ink all over everything, including Steve's mom's nice stuff. Several months later they divorced and moved... :(

I assumed all the PTO were gone by now...

I had completely forgot about Steve and his PTO, thanks for the stroll down memory lane...

That was Steves mom,AND her nice stuff....

Do you remember Steve's older brother Brian?

It's amazing how mean older brothers can be, I heard that he made fun of Steve crying about what happened and he even wrote and sang a song about it.

I don't remember the title but part of the lyrics were..

"Wa-wa, little PTO wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa
C'mon and turn it on, wind it up, blow it out PTO..."

That Wilson family was in sad shape....

:)  

Wow! I have a thing for heights... However, to climb that tree like that and experience its awe and beauty... To look out and see the forest from that kind of view! Someday soon!

Yup we live amongst these magnificent forests , when I'm in service I'm constantly reminding the group to appreciate the beautiful coast mountains we are surrounded with including the Pacific Ocean.....but I see beauty in the bald prairies too I think no matter where we live we can appreciate the uniqueness that surrounds us.

Including the tree creatures and the Lake Monster that's called the Ogopogo where I grew up. Check that one out guys LOL

Including the tree creatures and the Lake Monster that's called the Ogopogo where I grew up. Check that one out guys LOL

The Ogopogo? 

In California we call something that small... "bait"

It’s a snake. It’s a horse. It’s a goat. No, it’s Ogopogo!

Before European settlers came to the Okanagan Valley, the First Nations spoke of “N’ha-a-itk”, a fierce lake monster that resided at Squally Point, 20 kilometres south of the city of Kelowna. In 1924, a little song was composed about the lake monster who was given the name, “Ogopogo”.

Over the generations, the legend gained credibility as more and more sightings were reported.

Descriptions vary, but certain characteristics have been repeated through the decades: Ogopogo is green with a snakelike body about 25 meters long. Some say its head looks like a horse, while others say that it’s reptilian or goat-like. Many even claim to have photographed Ogopogo. The pictures have always been inconclusive.

Look for our resident lake creature among the waves or simply visit the Ogopogo statue in City Park.