JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A good joke

dilip kumar

On 8/13/2020 at 7:19 PM, rocket said:

So true! The slide-rule went down the same road as rotary-dial phones. Kids don't know how to use them. Best hope the computers don't go down on a NASA mission.

We may even be  here to see classical computers (as we know it) going down also in favor of Quantum computers 

And this reminds me of a couple of jokes on the subject >>> (You may understand it or you may not... don't know the odds :D)

Q: What is Schrödinger’s favorite Bond-movie?
A: “Live and Let Die”

Q: What is Schrödinger’s cat’s favorite video game?
A: Half-Life

Scientists were happy but staff was frustrated to clean up the mess as the Quantum Computer got so entangled.

Quantum computing is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get when you measure.

Q: What is Schrödinger’s cat’s name?
A: Hamlet

Quantum fairytale:
Alice and Bob were in love and tried to keep their entaglement secret from Alice’s evil mother Eve. But Eve found out and revealed the state of the affair. Alice totally collapsed. And so did Bob.

Q: What do you call a single spin qubit that has not yet found another qubit to entangle with?
A: Spinster

I'll put more quantum jokes if the reaction is good... or not

Edited by jayrtom

To be or not to be. HAHa That poor cat.  We have a relatively new (to us) brother at our cong named Pierre. For some reason every time I see his face on zoom I think of Pierre de Fermat's last theorem. It took hundreds of years until that "theorem" was solved by a mathematical proof in 1995.  Before 1995, I seem to recall it being referred to as Fermat's last theorem. Shouldn't it have been  called a theory until proven? 

I have seen older texts that refer to it as Fermat's postulate.

Y(it's all relative)S

Edited by kejedo

9 minutes ago, Mephibosheth said:

If Schrodinger told a quantum joke, would you get it and not get it at the same time?

Basically before I listened to it, there would be a double state in which I would get it and I wouldn't. But as soon as I listened to it, the double state would collapse into one. Like the cat in the box that is dead and alive before an observer opens the box and determines its state

The weirdness doesn't work on a conscience mind 😉

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since it wasn't a joke here you find some just for you :lol1:

Q: What kind of photos does a turtle take?
A: Shellfies

Q: Why did the turtle cross the road?
A: To get to the shell station!

Q: What does a turtle do on it's birthday?
A: It shellebrates!

Q: What do turtles use to communicate?
A: A shellphone!

Q: What do you call a famous turtle?
A: A shellebrity.

Q: What do you call a turtle that poops a lot?
A: A turdle

Q: What kind of jokes do sea turtles tell?
A: Shell-arious ones!

Q: What happens when your kids want to buy a tortoise?
A: You shell out a lot of money.

Q: What does a turtle need to ride a bike?
A: A shellmet

5 hours ago, Bjern said:

You see, if they have WiFi, then they can get onto JW.org, and they can get onto Zoom too. 😉

You didn't need to explain that :wink:

Unless someone could understand that if they have wifi then they passed on the Witnesses Filter :lol1:

Edited by jayrtom

Quantum entanglement is not hard to understand:

Socks come in pairs. If you put a sock on your left foot, the other sock of the pair instantly becomes the “right sock,” no matter where it is located in the universe.

There is only 1 type of people in this world

Those who understand quantum computing
Those who do not understand quantum computing

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

What do baseball and pancakes have in common?

Hide contents

.................... they both rely on a good batter

:lol1:You get the image.png.260d23577121421813748260eaa6d454.png for that one.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 8/18/2020 at 9:59 PM, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

Should this go in the joke or a meme section?

Or should this go in the medical section...?

SelfTest.png

Checked my closet. I only have vodka. Should I use a shot measure? I had hospital covid tests: Swab - April; antibody test May; My last swab test was a couple of weeks ago.All negative. Since my reports are pretty up to date, should I just try one test instead of nine times? I already have a headache.  

I bought my wife a Pug as a present.

Despite the squashed nose, bulging eyes and rolls of fat, the dog seems to like her.

I went out for a few beers with the Beach Boys last night.  It was all going rather well until I asked them whose round it was.

Edited by bohemian