JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is your job?

Just thought this would be an interesting way to get to know some of you. What kind of job do you do to support yourself & family?

I'm a wildlife habitat consultant & freelance writer/ videographer. I basically design and manage all types of habitat for the purpose of benefiting wildlife. I write articles periodically for outdoor/hunting magazines. Gives me quite a bit of freedom in my schedule so I'm able to spend time in the ministry and help with construction projects.

Just thought this would be an interesting way to get to know some of you. What kind of job do you do to support yourself & family?

I'm a wildlife habitat consultant & freelance writer/ videographer. I basically design and manage all types of habitat for the purpose of benefiting wildlife. I write articles periodically for outdoor/hunting magazines. Gives me quite a bit of freedom in my schedule so I'm able to spend time in the ministry and help with construction projects.

Wow!  I've always regretted that I couldn't narrow down my Interest and specialize in one field. I've worked as a Home Health Aide, Certified Nurse's Assistant, Residential Counselor to MR/DD clients, Bus Driver...and, more. I'm currently unemployed, on SSD. So now... I basically try to improve in my ministry, for the purpose of benefitting mankind. :)

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

I get fabric printed for my cousin brother. My work involves sourcing raw fabric, then get it bleached and then get it printed. the fabric then goes for washing, then ironing. Then the fabric comes for folding and then we pack it, mixing along various designs.

Then I send the goods 1500 kms away. My fabric is meant for ladies night wear called maxi or gown or nighty.

I work at a pet store as well as work with a dog groomer. We don't sell cats or dogs, but we have a lot of natural foods and we care more about the animals than money. We sell rabbits, birds, chinchillas, ferrets, reptiles, rats, mice, hamsters , fish, frogs, guinea pigs, and a tarantula.

~Van

I work at a pet store as well as work with a dog groomer. We don't sell cats or dogs, but we have a lot of natural foods and we care more about the animals than money. We sell rabbits, birds, chinchillas, ferrets, reptiles, rats, mice, hamsters , fish, frogs, guinea pigs, and a tarantula.

That's cool....I grow a lot of "all natural" food for animals too......just the wild kind...deer, elk, turkeys, quail, pheasant, rabbits, squirrels, ducks, geese, even fish

I was a supervisor in the Operations department at an oil refinery. I took an early retirement the end of last year so I could focus on spiritual things.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I get fabric printed for my cousin brother. My work involves sourcing raw fabric, then get it bleached and then get it printed. the fabric then goes for washing, then ironing. Then the fabric comes for folding and then we pack it, mixing along various designs.

Then I send the goods 1500 kms away. My fabric is meant for ladies night wear called maxi or gown or nighty.

Brother Dilip, your job sounds fascinating. I looked up your area and it is famous for high quality textiles. I would appreciate very much if you could explain exactly what relationship is a 'cousin brother.' I have (former) students and current Bible calls who have familiarized me with that term, but I don't quite understand the family relationship. It is encouraging to know that Jehovah has worshipers all over the world.   

This is an interesting thread. It shows that Jehovah's people come from all walks of life. I have been a social worker, teacher, tax preparer, and writer (as well as lots of side jobs to contribute to the upkeep of my family.) I was teaching five academic high school subjects and English as a second language until three weeks ago. I retired to catch up on my medical appointments and will probably be in the work force again (by necessity). I am glad to be able to aux.pioneer for the second month in a row. I write in many genres such as: novel, essay, short story, illustrated children's book. I can be found online by searching Pauline Purcell Wolcott. I am thankful to Jehovah that I have been able to find jobs to keep a roof over my head,and I haven't missed too many meals (see profile pic). Jehovah's people are conscientious and diligent workers, as exemplified by this topic :exclamation: I am overwhelmingly delighted to be considered as one of Jehovah's Witnesses.    

At my work I have almost 1,000 people under me!

I mow lawns at a cemetery. 

:lol:

I call cemetery "Hotel Paradise" because when they check out it will be in Paradise.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I work for Wanganui Headstones ... I run a small shop here and sell granite headstones for public and private cemeteries.  I job share with a Regular Pioneer from our congregation - I work four days and she works the Friday. I have a wonderful boss who still pays us when we attend conventions and allows me to conduct bible studies in the shop. 

While one would think my job is morbid it is in fact the other way round, it's lovely to see family expressing their love for loved ones and often gives me the opportunity to talk about the resurrection. I consider it an unique territory. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Nice Job Brother. 

I am a busy mum of 3 kids. I have just taken on 2 house cleaning jobs a fortnight. I also do invoicing for my Hubbies Business well its both our Business. we are self employed. I have never worked for a boss. Always self employed. I worked with my dad fixing washing Machines & the gear boxes & some detailing work like rust repairs & Spray painting them for the sales department. & our business. involves cleaning Stratas & Gardening plus lawns. I give him a hand when needed. & do some runing around. & I am trying to work back to regular pioneering too.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody."