JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Interesting article regarding why JWs don't vote.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3237 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Well, give credit where credit is due  -  In this example, I think the Christadelphian gave the best answer.  Spot-on and brief.

When I was over in Omskirk, there was a Christadelphian Church next to the Kingdom Hall with a sign outside pointing out their fundamental beliefs from the bible. When I scoped through them, I ended up asking myself why they don't just hop on over two houses on there's plenty of room in the Kingdom Hall, the more the merrier!

Hope that in the course of the last days, plenty of the 60.000 estimated Christadelphians worldwide realize that all they're doing is being a solitary bunch and join up with Jehovah's chosen organization.

Christadelphians are pretty much like us. Just a few details...

Christadelpians sound like a break-off from Jehovah's Witnesses, in other words apostates who Satan the Devil is using to fool people into thinking that they are just like us. Which they are not.

Well, give credit where credit is due - In this example, I think the Christadelphian gave the best answer. Spot-on and brief.

As far as the Christadelphians being right on "Spot-on and brief" and who you say gave the best answer, not really. They didn't give the best answer, because true servants of Jehovah have always said human rulerships have come and gone just as Daniel 2:29-35 says.....

Edited by Jackson

Christadelpians sound like a break-off from Jehovah's Witnesses, in other words apostates who Satan the Devil is using to fool people into thinking that they are just like us. Which they are not.

According to wikipedia, their traces go back to 1848 which was before Russell was even born, so they don't sound like a break-off at all. But despite clearly having been on track with many things, Jehovah saw ample reason not to use this sprout for his kingdom interests.

Also, we must be careful not to mislabel people belonging to a false religion as apostates. The Catholic church is one big massive apostasy. The members are not apostates.

Edited by ChocoboRider

Dear Sister Jackie,  It's clear that you have a zeal for the Truth, and I admire that.  Plus, I'm not wishing to squabble with you.

To be fair, you did notice I qualified my comment, didn't you?  I said "In this example" .  . 

I wasn't suggesting that perhaps the Christadelphians are the ones who have the Truth, rather than us.

The person quoted made an accurate comment. One which we can agree with. True, he didn't quote any scripture. But then, Christendom will often quote scripture in an effort to 'prove' a false doctrine. Quoting scripture, in itself, doesn't make a comment true.

I tend to agree with Ruben and David above.  I can see at least some of the Christadelphians eventually joining us in true worship.

I wonder what their hang-up is?  Surely they know what we believe.

Go to their website and you will understand why they may not join us anytime soon.  After reading their websites, I found what we have in common so if by chance, I encounter one of them, I can effectively preach to them.

I too brother Douglas, do not wish to "squabble" with you or anyone of my brothers or sisters, as I would be doing what Satan wants me too....And yes people of other faiths have made interesting comments to us that were based on the Bible and because of that we've found a common ground and a strong incentive to continue our conversation with them....

I apologize to you and to others on this particular thread if I came "out swinging left and right hooks!" or if I appeared antagonistic....I did notice your "qualifier" but for some reason the word "example" just did not set right with my imperfect brain....But you know what my brother, you and another member on this thread did exactly what Jesus did at Luke 16:8. There Jesus gave commendation concerning the "practical wisdom of the sons of this system of things", Jesus said: "....the sons of this system of things are wiser in a practical way toward their own generation than the sons of light are."...In other words Jesus gave credit and commendation where and when it was due...This is what you did. Jesus was not putting down the nation of Israel, he was simply stating an undeniable truth....

Brother Douglas had I took the time to think about your words more deeply instead of drawing my misunderstood conclusions about the Christadelphians, I probably would not be writing this apology to you.

I appreciate you coming to me the way you did my brother in a humble, kind manner...I know it was not easy for you to do so.

Sincerely, your imperfect sister in the faith, Jackie :)

Edited by Jackson

And, to round this out, I gave some more thought to my initial post.

I should have said, "In this example, the Christadelphian gave a great answer to the question 'Why don't you vote?'

I shouldn't have said the person gave the 'best answer', because that made it a comparison to our Brothers' also great answer.

We learn . . LoL . .

If you want to read "the best answer" ... "God's love" - lv p213 :D :D

Good point!

True Christians respect the right of others to vote. They do not campaign against elections, and they cooperate with elected authorities. However, they remain resolutely neutral with regard to the political affairs of the nations. (Matthew 22:21; 1 Peter 3:16)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

It's nice ( & surprising ) to see how many Brothers & Sisters we have over there now. Keep up the good work!

From the May KM for Britain and Ireland:

post-6059-0-41097400-1431637554_thumb.jp

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Back on the topic of voting. It was quite a fair report.

Despite those promoting voting and pointing to various times in Britain's history when people had protested or even risked their lives to get everyone 'suffrage' - the right to vote - over 30% of the population didn't vote on the General Election voting day.

Many felt the parties represented didn't have much to offer and spent more time criticising each other than presenting workable mandates. 

Of those that voted and were interviewed on TV or radio exiting the polling stations, many said that they hadn't voted for the party they really wanted, but voted tactically to stop another party getting in.

Britain doesn't have a proportional voting system, so despite 63% of the population not voting for the Conservative party , this party won.

One party - United Kingdom Independence Party - got 4 million votes - a high proportion - yet because of the system of regional voting only have one representative politician in Parliament, so their leader has long been lobbying for reform of the voting system, so that other parties have a fairer chance. So the British Parliament is not exactly the Mother of Democracy that it likes to portray to the World.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)