JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who will make the toilet paper?

It's all very well...

Quoting from the Reasoning book, everyone will have an acre or three of ground, will be able to 'plant and eat' all the food they need, build their own houses and so on.

But in all of this, where is the provision for the manufacture of this most fundamental staple of mankind's existence?

If you're busy digging the garden, harvesting your grapes and beetroot, pounding your wheat into flour and trimming up some wood to put on an extension as your latest child grows to teen age, will you have time to make your own toilet paper?

Please, anyone who has an answer, can we get this dilemma solved before the new system arrives?

While we're pondering this question, can we be hopeful that they know what they're doing? It seems that in this system there are plenty of people involved in this important manufacturing process who don't.

Walk into the toilet (bathroom, lavatory...) of any Walmart, gas station, rest area etc and you find one thing they all (well, almost all) have in common: Paper strewn across the floor. Little bits that have torn off when they've gone to pull on the roll, long bits which have twisted and become useless and have been discarded.

That's without mentioning the tearing and so on that happens in use. Ugh!

The fact is, we need a quality manufacturer to be in place or we'll be in trouble. I doubt we'll get away with using natural materials (leaves, grass?) - at least not without improvements to the hardware - and it's hard to imagine everyone will have a bidet.

Or have I missed something?

Edited by RaymondG

Me, me, me!! I want to do it.

I will be like the most popular person on the planet   :lol1:

I will put the factory up right next to my pig farm/ BBQ restaurant. I think I'll make paper towels at the same plant  :) 

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Simple answer.. Bidet.. We wash everywhere else on our bodies ...;)

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Naughty!You know we won't be eating meat. Not even bacon!

I am happy to wait and see. I know I am of a different mind set than some. :)

But I definitely want my TP factory.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Of course, there will be vast amounts of all sorts of stuff awaiting us... for a while...

Much of it, of course, will be that stuff that I've been seeing lying on floors of public toilets around the world. But there will be enough quality stuff to make its mark.

But eventually, with resurrections a daily event, an ever-growing population and years slipping on as we gain perfection, those supplies will quickly start to dwindle.

And I'm not sure I'm going to get my supplies from Nevada. Maybe I can set up a branch here? There'll be plenty of 'scandal sheet' magazines to recycle, so that's a start, then the hymn books, the vast libraries of trashy romance novels, all sorts of paper supplies. Old phone bills. Government documents. Pizza boxes.

Mulch them down and reprocess... yes, we can do it!

I've already told :crackwhip:  ya all.  Plant sweat corn. Eat :eat:  corn on the cob. Use the corn cob :scared:  to clean up your corn byproduct. :nuke::P

We may not have the use of the device made famous by Thomas Crapper :sick:  Now you know where the term came from.

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I would like to ask a question about that, not sure how, though.  There it is... HOW?   (Please don't give too much information)

Back ( side ) wash, called a bidet :star:  You can buy retrofit kits for NA Thomas Crappers or other brands (tu)

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I recall watching a travel show, and the Middle Easterns eat with their right hand. The left is for personal cleanliness. It wasn"t too specific, but the mental picture leaves a lot to the imagination.

Yanty said the Indonesians use a lot of water.       :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

In Japanese prison camps the internees carried a bottle of water for the purpose of hygiene. (no paper)

Right or left handed I am not sure. Most returnees didn't talk about it.

See King Rat, a semi autobiography.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Please, anyone who has an answer, can we get this dilemma solved before the new system arrives?

Hopefully the answer is on the new scrolls. I just hope there are a lot of scrolls that are soft, pliable and perforated into sheets.... :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I would like to ask a question about that, not sure how, though.  There it is... HOW?   (Please don't give too much information)

Read my above post and use your xxxxxx bottle of water.

By the way, the reason that in Arab countries they cut off a thief's right hand was that make him unclean for life.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Well, as majority of Indonesian is Muslims... They inherit middle east habit a lot.... So, now you know how people do it here without TP... And, yes about the left hand... Because of personal cleaning reason, it's considered as impolite if you use left hand to shake hand or even just passing stuff... I always felt uncleaned using only TP in the past... Now, I guess I am used to it... :lol:

:bouncing:

When we run out of toilet paper reserves we can always use old newspapers. :lol:

Ivy, I have always wanted to visit Indonesia, we you just shattered my dream to pieces. :lol:

Have you never made the "second" without getting dirty? Now for the last few days that's exactly how my poop has been. Not a single trace on the toilet paper! Sometimes the intestines work perfectly for me.

Jan, we didn't need to know that. Too much information!!! :lol2: