JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Have you ever wondered...(funny stuff only)

Tortuga

Have you wondered why Mary had a Little Lamb and Merrily We Roll Along are the same tune? Twinkle Twinkle Little star and the A-B-C-D-E-F-G song are also the same tune. If we are farther from perfection why were people re-using these limited musical attempts? And George Harrison got sued and won a copyright infringment for repeating (stealing?) a tune.  Also, has any piano student in Hong Kong ever played Chop Sticks? While I'm at it, why did Sonny Bono's songs every become popular, when he only composed using three chords. 

Most songs are actually covert messages used by the underground so there is no rhyme or reason to why some are popular and others aren't. Sonny and Cher were Russian spys.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Have you wondered why US school systems offer biology, sociology, psychology, and mathematics. Shouldn't it be mathology? Or why do US schools use the term math, while other countries use the term maths to define the same academic discipline (s).

Edited by kejedo

Have you wondered why US school systems offer biology, sociology, psychology, and mathematics. Shouldn't it be mathology? Or why do US schools use the term math, while other countries use the term maths to define the same academic discipline (s).

Don't they teach the three R's any more?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Most songs are actually covert messages used by the underground so there is no rhyme or reason to why some are popular and others aren't. Sonny and Cher were Russian spys.

She looked a bit like Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle, but that was three or four noses ago. I haven't kept up. She was pretty to begin with. 

Edited by kejedo

She looked a bit like Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle, but that was three or four noses ago. I haven't kept up. 

Exactly. They helped start the hippie movement along with two guys named Haight and Ashbury and look where we are today. I can't flick my Bic without flashbacks.

Exactly. They helped start the hippie movement along with two guys named Haight and Ashbury and look where we are today. I can't flick my Bic without flashbacks.

Somebody stop me, before I ask a question wondering why flash backs went from being a literary device to a medical term. Fortunately (in the probabilistic definition), I only have triggers in real time and flashbacks just during expository writing. And that's no joke.

Edited by kejedo

Absolutely not. There is no US school that teaches arithmetic any more, but I cannot find anything funny about it and don't want to get kicked off this thread. Don't get me started.

post-574-0-97388700-1434254007.jpg

Have you ever wondered why the human finger is the perfect shape for running silicon sealant around the top of a bath tub?

It's as if Jehovah made it that way and then said, "You will thank me later."

And why is the opposable thumb not called the cooperating thumb?

And why is the opposable thumb not called the cooperating thumb?

Why is it called an opposable thumb, is there an argument going on my hand that I don't know about?

I just eavesdropped on some people from the 60s or in their 60s. They were going to drop some antacid together. 

Right arm!

The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Wonder why not? Does it have a detachment disorder?

They can't see each other.

Have you ever wondered why we need eyes when we have eye teeth?

Aren't they dual purpose teeth?

And what is so sinister about left handers? And why are they called south paws?

They are south paws because people are facing the sunset of their lives and their left hand would be toward the south.

Have you ever wondered, if a book had no author, who it be a case of spontaneous composition?

Have you ever wondered why one side of the brain is dominant?

Can't we all be equal?

Again, not funny, but I test as even brained, and on Meiers and Briggs, (graphed) I am a single dot. Apparently,the only thing humorous about me, right now, is an upper arm bone.  

Have you ever wondered why people say it is past their bed time?

Isn't bed time the time you went to bed? How can it be past something you haven't done yet?

Have you ever wonder why some people say there is a Tooth Fairy?

Why isn't there a Toe Nail Fairy, a Bugger Fairy or a Poop Fairy?