JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3209 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I didn't know the brother, but this happened in my area...just gave me chills

"Chris Sherrill was the eighth among nine children in a large Tennessee family. He first visited New York in his late teens to work at the Jehovah’s Witness facility near the hamlet of Wallkill in Ulster County, and loved the area so much that he settled here, his family said."

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20150704/NEWS/150709746

http://findchrissherrill.com/

Edited by YTONEY93

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

I read the webpage. It is heartbreaking. How to Help Depressed Ones Regain Joy was in the 3/15/90 Watchtower.  There is also mention in another article that Jehovah understands some will take extreme measures in this time of the end. I can't find that  article, but I remember using it with a Bible Student's family who had undergone a similar loss. 

I have had a number of close friends who ended their life this way....

I think of it this way .. The liver fails and we often die .. The heart fails and we very often die .. We have a catastrophic organ failure we often die...The brain fails and we often die

We are not always given entré into people's brains ...but what it has taught me is to be is pro-active if at all possible..I haven't always succeeded... but if I notice something I try... It so sad when a person feels that this is the only logical coarse to end the pain...that is the key getting to the person before this seems to be a logical solution... Ahhh the pain of it all...:(

Edited by TheDoorGuy

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

I want to think of him in the future.  When he is resurrected to a life free of pain and mental anguish.  I have no idea what is background and medical/mental history was, but it is obvious he was not coping. It still hurt to read that information and see his smiling face and to think about what is family and friends are enduring and missing with him gone.  The guilt that many may wrongly bare wondering if perhaps they could have made a difference.  Bro. Sherill's pain is over now and we all have the hope that Jehovah will keep him in his memory.  Much needed love and prayers this family will need till Jehovah rights the wrong of Satan's system.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I'm so sorry for his family's loss Both my grandmother and brother ended their lives due to extreme mental pain. So many suffer from depression and many suffer in silence. Soon they will see how life is intended to be and won't it be wonderful to see their smiles and rejoicing hearts and minds.

4dcb60a75c97070475bcf09d3508cd44.jpg

Hang in there everyone ... Soon a new reality

Let your Kingdom Come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)