JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Daily Bacon

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 522 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 1 month later...

It's not bacon news, but I know our bacon lovers are also chocolate lovers:

https://www.newsweek.com/nutella-truck-overturn-indiana-1459763

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

The brain is a strange thing. I thought I'd seen this before but was thinking of these threads

Cash spill on New Jersey highway leads to multiple crashes, chaos during morning commute

Mass Violence Over Discounted Chocolate Spread

So much better to stick with bacon 😊

1 hour ago, Hammerhead said:

I just got an air fryer...going to try bacon first thing

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've cooked bacon this way for years, works much better than on stove top, cleaner.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

3 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

I just got an air fryer...going to try bacon first thing

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We got one too, but Tom prefers his backon just grilled on some cooking paper and a tray. Less mess and it comes out crunchy.

Air fryer works well too though.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

@humblebumblebee

https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/2018/01/nutella_riots_france_supermarkets.html

<Nutella 'riots' break out in France over supermarket sale

The BBC reports Intermarche supermarkets offered a 70 percent discount on the popular hazelnut chocolate spread Thursday, leading to violence between customers fighting over jars. Police were called when French shoppers began hitting and pushing each other.

"They are like animals. A woman had her hair pulled, an elderly lady took a box on her head, another had a bloody hand," one customer told French media.

According to the BBC, some 365 million kilos of Nutella are consumed every year in 160 countries around the world. CNBC reports the sale brought the cost of a 950-gram tub from 4.50 euros down to 1.41 euros ($1.76).>

The jars sold in Singapore comes in glass containers unlike here where the containers are made of plastic. :(

1 hour ago, Dove said:

I had the same thought..not really being interested in the bacon lol

I love the stove AND the bacon! But I'm not a fan of stovetop, so messy. In the oven is so much cleaner. And I can do 5 to 10 pounds in short order, easy to pull from freezer for fast cooking.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

58 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I love the stove AND the bacon! But I'm not a fan of stovetop, so messy. In the oven is so much cleaner. And I can do 5 to 10 pounds in short order, easy to pull from freezer for fast cooking.

5 to 10 pounds? I will take 5 pounds, hasbrowns and two eggs over medium, thanks! :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

5 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

@Bagwell, put me down for 5 lbs on Saturday as well (inc hashbrowns and eggs pls) Ty

Just Older emoji856.png

You bet cha! Maybe some grilled tomato and avacado on the side!