JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Daily Bacon

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 522 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2015 at 2:06 PM, Tortuga said:

Daily bacon for a longer life

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/10/06/worlds-oldest-woman-116-eats-bacon-everyday/73444660/

Not many people will say that eating bacon every day is the key to a long life, but the world’s oldest woman swears by it.

BACON, DID SOMEONE SAY BACON?

On 7/2/2020 at 12:51 AM, garryspicer said:

FB_IMG_1589185883344.jpg

thanks this made me laugh until my stomach hurt. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/12/2015 at 10:38 PM, stuagu said:

And this is the question my daughter asked me yesterday ... Yes... We've all been there...

" Dad ... Will we have bacon in t he new system?"

When she definately wasn't happy with the " don't know" reply ... I said Jehovah might make her a bacon tree... Yes I went there...

Maybe we’ll have bacon flavored manna 

• 2 weeks later...

Bacon is a much-loved, comforting breakfast item – during the global pandemic, sales have surged in the US and the UK. But while bacon may be delicious, experts recommend people eat little or no processed meats because of their cancer risk. But while the cancer risk from processed foods is certainly something to think about, that doesn’t mean bacon should be totally off the menu. In fact, you might be able to lower some of the cancer risk from eating bacon depending on how you cook it.

Read more:
https://theconversation.com/bacon-how-you-cook-it-could-partially-lower-cancer-risk-152723
{Sometimes I think it is better not to know and live in blissful ignorance.}
Old (Downunder) Tone

Bacon.png

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

The Rules of Bacon!

1. There must always be bacon in the fridge. Always
  2. There does not exist a food that does not go well with bacon. 
  3. There are two kinds of people in the world: those who like bacon, and those who will be used as fodder in the case of a zombie apocalypse.
  4. Even pigs like bacon. FACT.
  5. Crispy and chewy are both acceptable ways to cook bacon. Thou shalt not discriminate.
  6. 90% of the world's problems can be solved by cooking more bacon.
  7. Bacon presents exactly zero health risks. Shut up!
  8. If your computer is antiquated and slow, you can feed it bacon through the floppy drive to make it run faster.
  9. Meals without bacon are rarely worth eating.
  10. When given a breathalyzer, the number they give you is your BAC.  This is short for “Bacon.”  And is equal to the number of slices of bacon you should eat divided by 100 
  11. Thou shalt always consume bacon on the Sabbath, and the Mondath, and the Tuesdath, and the.... 
  12. Bacon is a great aphrodisiac... better than oysters!!!
    unknown author

Fun Facts About Food

Picture

• A typical American eats 28 pigs in his/her lifetimeAmericans eat 20.7 pounds of candy per person annually.
  • The Dutch eat three times as much
  • Cast iron skillets used to be the leading source of iron in the American diet
  • In the United States, a pound of potato chips costs two hundred times more than a pound of potatoes
  • Each American eats an average of 51 pounds of 
  • chocolate per year
  • Sliced bread was introduced under the Wonder Bread label
  • in 1930