JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Strongest Hurricane Ever?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3076 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Looks like an evacuation event. Possibly 40ft water surges.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

It of the same power as the one that hit the Philippines in 2013. It's the most powerful they have seen in that area. Not the most powerful ever. That however does not lessen the damage it can do. I hope all listen to whatever direction they ar given and follow it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-34614864

Edited by Mykyl

Our weatherman reported this morning that this storm went from a category one to category five, overnight! 

He also said that if a category six existed, it would surely be upgraded to that!!

Wow!  Pray for all the brothers and sisters in Baja California!

Edited by zoebarry

Yes they just announced on the news here that this is the biggest ever on record.

Where are you? Here on the news they just said it was the biggest on record in the Western Hemisphere. Weird how the same news is reported differently.

I just heard it was the biggest in Western Hemisphere also. It's still big and bad.

Ah I get it. The headline says that but the actual body says what's reported here. It's the biggest in the Western Hemisphere.

potentially catastrophic landfall is expected Friday evening as a very powerful and dangerous Hurricane Patricia moves towards Mexico's Pacific coast. Hurricane Patricia became the most powerful tropical cyclone ever measured in the Western Hemisphere on Friday morning as its maximum sustained winds reached an unprecedented 200 mph (320 kph).

That is just insane. Prayer will help them through it. But keep in mind that it is unforeseen occurrence if something does happen. They will be in our prayers tonight and tomorrow.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

They are expecting for us to get very severe thunderstorms up here in Canada maybe but deffinatly in the lower states. Here is our local news reports about this hurricane.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/hurricane-patricia-mexico/58780/

From Canadian Weather Network.

They are saying it is the strongest ever recorded.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

There are 20 million people in the path of this historic (and some news agencies are calling it "apocalyptic") hurricane.  That is scary!! I dread to hear of the news reports after it hits land.  I saw the flooding that Texas is already having without the added rain from this hurricane and it's gonna be a HUGE mess not to mention the loss of lives.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

It's the density of the population in its path that is the major issue.  North Australia has had worsening cyclones at category 5 which have devastated the landscape and caused the infamous banana shortage, but nothing like the loss we saw in the Philippines for example when thousands lost their lives and were homeless.  Those poor people in its path in Mexico.  We can really see the weather patterns becoming more extreme.

http://www.carfax.com/guides/buying-used/things-to-avoid/flood-damage

Just a reminder; some of the cars damaged by flood water may end up in a used car lot near you...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D