JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How do you unwind?

50 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like/hang your toilet paper?

• I am an OVER person
    • I am an UNDER person
    • I don't mind either way
    • I have never noticed
    • You mean there is more than one way

FYI if any of you have to use your outhouse when it's below zero, (even 40 below) you know cold the seat is. The remedy for that is to cover the seat with a thin (1 inch) styrofoam sheet with a hole cut out of course. Instant warm!!😃 Just thought maybe youall could use that tidbit of info.  We have had to deal with that so I wanted to pass this on, if this turns out to be part of your great tribulation. 😬 

I never paid attention and did not even know this was an issue until a few years ago.  I actually did not understand until I took the time to go into the bathroom and look to see what they meant. As long as someone replaces the empty roll where you are not left without, I don’t see a problem. If this is a big issue what other trivial things are you obsessing about? I like easy going laid back people.  Maybe if this s irritating to ones, they  need to take a good look at what really is important. 

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

On 5/24/2018 at 2:32 PM, DLM said:

FYI if any of you have to use your outhouse when it's below zero, (even 40 below) you know cold the seat is. The remedy for that is to cover the seat with a thin (1 inch) styrofoam sheet with a hole cut out of course. Instant warm!!😃 Just thought maybe youall could use that tidbit of info.  We have had to deal with that so I wanted to pass this on, if this turns out to be part of your great tribulation. 😬 

My aunt had an outhouse. I always looked at it as an adventure.  Not until a black snake had found its way inside and was curled up inside, then I never would go alone again. They were upscale though. They had a two seater.  Don’t know why though.  Who would go and sit 6 inches from someone else?  And the smell inside prohibited anyone from taking their time. 

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

3 minutes ago, LeslieDean said:

My aunt had an outhouse. I always looked at it as an adventure.  Not until a black snake had found its way inside and was curled up inside, then I never would go alone again. They were upscale though. They had a two seater.  Don’t know why though.  Who would go and sit 6 inches from someone else?  And the smell inside prohibited anyone from taking their time. 

This reminds me of the  bugged two-holer with a speaker: "Hey lady, would you kindly move over to the next hole, we're trying to paint down here!"

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

When I was quite young my parents owned a fishing cabin on Mad River in N. CA. It had an attached Model T sized garage with a walled-in outhouse at the far corner of the garage. No electricity. At night it was a long trip crossing the garage with a flashlight. The flashlight revealed spider webs in the black hole under the seat. It also revealed scary black spiders with a red hourglass emblem., ugh. My dad said they wouldn't bother me if I didn't bother them. Lesson learned, never, never look down the hole in an outhouse. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Talk about spiders in the outhouse--- I gotta tell you about my scary outhouse experience. A long time ago when I was a little child my cousins told me that when I went out there in the dark, the turkey or the goose would get me hence I became scared to death of the dark. Later when I was 8 or 9 we lived on a ranch in the mountains of Colorado and I still had to make a trek out back before bed--in the dark-- by myself. Needless to say, my feet hardly touched the ground all the way out and back. As I'm sitting there warming the seat, I heard  the most god-awful scream that sounded like a woman screaming in terror. WHAT WAS THAT?? I wasn't gonna stick around to find out, I know I literally became airborne down the hill to the house. My mom and dad said it wasn't gonna get me, it was just a mountain lion screaming far off on the mountainside. After that I always wanted one of my folks to take me to take care of the job at hand!! 

• 2 weeks later...

This would depend on your geographic location in relation to north south poles. Clearly spin friction would effect length of afterspool. Longer afterspool makes it easier for scrunchers, shorter for folders. For me, less is best, hence gravitation logic in Australia dictates over.

Really very simple. I read this thread was started by Klingon, well my logic is purely Vulcan.

And no, I do not admit to posting this.

Edited by Mini

additional information.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2018 at 1:47 PM, Dove said:

At home, I come here. When I can get out, shopping works 😁...

Loopy, now I get why you laughed..I took the unwinding thing a totally different way..😏

That's what happens when you start in the middle of a thread..oh, well..that's how I unwind anyway...😁

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

6 minutes ago, Dove said:

Loopy, now I get why you laughed..I took the unwinding thing a totally different way..😏

That's what happens when you start in the middle of a thread..oh, well..that's how I unwind anyway...😁

Actually I couldn’t really understand how this fit. 🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

1 minute ago, Loopy said:

LOL Yeah I get it. LOL 

I also completely understand about coming into the middle of a topic. 

I guess at this point I should answer the question the right way, that I unwind from the top....lol

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

7 hours ago, Dove said:

Do you still, I mean the thread is talking about how to unwind toilet paper, and I thought it meant  how we unwind, relax, chill out....😁

I was here several times and even posted, and I "still" make that mistaken when I get an alert for it.

I go with over. I have worked with a couple of Caravan parks. Cleaning the  loos.  

I like to give the paper a fancy little artie flick.  

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody."