JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Time pass

On 6/11/2016 at 5:06 PM, Witness1970 said:

Two fathers and two sons go fishing.  Thay all catch one fish.  There were only 3 fish.  How is that possible?

There were only three people. There was a Grandfather [oldest], his son [2nd], and his son's son [youngest]. There were two sons: the youngest and his father, who was the oldest's son; and there were two fathers: the oldest was father to the 2nd person who was father to the youngest.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Here is a good one.  Every time I tell this to someone I have to go back and figure it out.  I can never seem to just remember the answer.

You’re in a room with two doors. There’s a guard at each door. One door is the exit, but behind the other door is something that will kill you. You’re told that one guard always tells the truth and the other guard always lies. You don’t know which guard is which. You are allowed to ask one question to either of the guards to determine which door is the exit.

What question should you ask?

This is a four-part brain teaser.

1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?
2. How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?
3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend except one. Which animal doesn’t attend?
4. There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles and you don’t have a boat. How can you cross safely?

12 hours ago, Witness1970 said:

Here is a good one.  Every time I tell this to someone I have to go back and figure it out.  I can never seem to just remember the answer.

You’re in a room with two doors. There’s a guard at each door. One door is the exit, but behind the other door is something that will kill you. You’re told that one guard always tells the truth and the other guard always lies. You don’t know which guard is which. You are allowed to ask one question to either of the guards to determine which door is the exit.

What question should you ask?

" What would the other guard say"

Then do the opposite.

The liar will lie about the truther and the truther will tell you the lie the liar would give you.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Then do the opposite.

The liar will lie about the truther and the truther will tell you the lie the liar would give you.

What would the other guard say is the safe exit I think is the way it should be phrased.

21 hours ago, Witness1970 said:

Rearrange the letters in the words “new door” to make one word.

Shoe, door, sticks, straight.

What word comes next?

When you rearrange the letters in "new door" you get "one word."  No one commented on that so I guess it must have been too easy.

What word comes next in shoe, door, sticks, straight?  That would be hen!  Everyone got that one?

One, two, buckle my shoe

three, four, shut the door

five, six, pick up sticks

seven, eight, lay them straight

nine, ten, big, fat hen

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Then do the opposite.

"What would the other guard say is the safe door?", I think is the way it needs to be phrased.

21 hours ago, Witness1970 said:

This is a four-part brain teaser.

1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?
2. How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?
3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend except one. Which animal doesn’t attend?
4. There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles and you don’t have a boat. How can you cross safely?

1. Open the refrigerator, put the giraffe in and close the door. It’s not complicated.
2. Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, then put in the elephant and close the door.
3. The elephant. He’s still in the refrigerator. After all, you just put him there.
4. Jump into the river and swim across. The crocodiles are at the Lion King’s animal meeting.
This is not a typical brain teaser, but I found it amusing.  But then I am old enough to remember the (politically incorrect) little moron jokes of the 1950's and the stupid elephant jokes of the 1960's.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2016 at 0:43 AM, Witness1970 said:

1. Open the refrigerator, put the giraffe in and close the door. It’s not complicated.
2. Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, then put in the elephant and close the door.
3. The elephant. He’s still in the refrigerator. After all, you just put him there.
4. Jump into the river and swim across. The crocodiles are at the Lion King’s animal meeting.
This is not a typical brain teaser, but I found it amusing.  But then I am old enough to remember the (politically incorrect) little moron jokes of the 1950's and the stupid elephant jokes of the 1960's.

Hey, neighbor! Love your joke. Will have fun with it at the meetings with the younger ones.