JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Example of the good suffering because of the bad.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2999 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://s.nola.com/GF5lKtB

Another good article helps us to see how close we are to the end.

Many sick ones are or are going to suffer behind this rule. In the article some have stated how many are suffering/will suffer. 

Edited by carlos

Fixed link

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

Or you could tell us what the rule is?

When I read the title I thought it was a post about Jesus and how he was good, but suffered because of bad?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Okay I sorry about that..... So much for trying to link an article myself. One day I I'll learn. lol 

Here is the link I texted to myself. I hope one of you can fix it. It's interesting.

Screenshot_2016-01-31-22-59-32.png.bd55a

Edited by Shawnster

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

Okay here I attempt once again to post the link below I hope one of you can fix it now. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20160131_235034.jpg

Does this help?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-food-stamp-requirements-20160131-story.html

Although, since the article does say that "The provision applies to able-bodied adults ages 18 through 49 who have no children or other dependents in their home. It requires them to work, volunteer or attend education or job-training courses at least 80 hours a month to receive food aid. If they don't, their benefits are cut off after three months." and 2 Thessalonians 3:10-12 says" . . . 10In fact, when we were with you, we used to give you this order: “If anyone does not want to work, neither let him eat.” 11 For we hear that some are walking disorderly among you, not working at all, but meddling with what does not concern them. 12 To such people we give the order and exhortation in the Lord Jesus Christ that they should work quietly and eat food they themselves earn. . ." is it really wrong to expect able-bodied people to work like the rest of us?

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

4 hours ago, loving life said:

Okay here I attempt once again to post the link below I hope one of you can fix it now. Thanks in advance.

Sorry, Charlotte. I copied exactly the link, but I am not getting it. If you can get to the story you're looking for, highlight the link in the address bar, hold down CTRL and press the letter C. Then, come back to this thread, and bring up the editor. Hold down CTRL and press V. That should paste the exact link in your post.

In Australia there is also a requirement to look for work, or study, or do approved volunteer work as part of the "mutual obligation" for receiving federal monetary help.  There are exceptions for single parents with children under 6, for those on medical grounds, etc.  For many years now, we have seen the government tightening its belt and social security has been scrutinised as there have been many not complying with expectations and thus rorting the system.  No government can sit by without reigning in its spending in this day and age, and social programs that don't add to the economy by producing jobs are not as high a priority - unfortunately for those at the bottom of the social food chain.

I know I personally have been affected whenever the government changes its social policy, leaving me with a tighter budget.  But it is virtually impossible to satisfy all the poor's needs in this system.  We know that we need a better system than what is offered by satan's governments.  Humans can't possibly solve this or any other economic problems - enough jobs to enable the poor to feed, house and clothe themselves is just not going to eventuate in this system.  Bring on Jehovah's kingdom!

11 hours ago, Qapla said:

Does this help?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-food-stamp-requirements-20160131-story.html

Although, since the article does say that "The provision applies to able-bodied adults ages 18 through 49 who have no children or other dependents in their home. It requires them to work, volunteer or attend education or job-training courses at least 80 hours a month to receive food aid. If they don't, their benefits are cut off after three months." and 2 Thessalonians 3:10-12 says" . . . 10In fact, when we were with you, we used to give you this order: “If anyone does not want to work, neither let him eat.” 11 For we hear that some are walking disorderly among you, not working at all, but meddling with what does not concern them. 12 To such people we give the order and exhortation in the Lord Jesus Christ that they should work quietly and eat food they themselves earn. . ." is it really wrong to expect able-bodied people to work like the rest of us?

No that's not the article I am speaking of. This article is in Nola.com in the Times Picayune News for New Orleans LA.

I wasn't pointing out that those of us who can work not work and just sit and collect handouts.

I was pointing to the fact that those of us that  can't work for medical reasons and are declined by the government officials. We have to fall between the cracks sort of speaking and suffer. It was stated in the article what I am trying to explain. I don't know how to copy and paste I am on a smartphone. If you read the article you'll see where  they are honestly unable to work because of mental illness or physical illness and fall between the cracks because of being denied help that they so deserve. Such as the deaf man who can't hold on to a job because of his issues but he is denied help with food assistance while many get it who don't really deserve it because they too can work. 

At the same time I know only Jehovah's kingdom will satisfy all our problems.

For many they get sicker from not being able to eat properly to maintain.

Edited by loving life

No that's not the article I am speaking of. This article is in Nola.com in the Times Picayune News for New Orleans LA.

This is the article. Thanks Carlos.

You do realize that these are both the identical story, word-for-word, they are just in two different papers - it is actually an Associated Press article carried in many outlets.

Now, as to the story. I realize that no program man creates is perfect - far from it. And, yes, the greed and cheating of some cause others to lose out.

In the article mention is made of a 27 year old deaf man that is considered able-bodied instead of disabled because he is deaf. It is pointed out that he has trouble keeping a job. Well, I know some who are deaf and have jobs .... and they have been able to keep their jobs. The question is, does this man have trouble keeping his job because he is deaf, or is it because he does not want to work?

The article also focuses on ones who have not been able to get/find/keep a job but it seems to ignore the idea that these same people can do volunteer work or attend education or job-training courses and keep their benefits.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I don't know how to copy and paste I am on a smartphone.

Ahh! I'm so used to using a laptop I never think others might be using something else. I don't have a cell phone, either smart or stupid. So I don't know how to do a copy/paste there.

I wasn't pointing out that those of us who can work not work and just sit and collect handouts.

I was pointing to the fact that those of us that  can't work for medical reasons and are declined by the government officials. We have to fall between the cracks sort of speaking and suffer. It was stated in the article what I am trying to explain. I don't know how to copy and paste I am on a smartphone. If you read the article you'll see where  they are honestly unable to work because of mental illness or physical illness and fall between the cracks because of being denied help that they so deserve. Such as the deaf man who can't hold on to a job because of his issues but he is denied help with food assistance while many get it who don't really deserve it because they too can work. 

At the same time I know only Jehovah's kingdom will satisfy all our problems.

For many they get sicker from not being able to eat properly to maintain.

I know what you are saying, as I see the same things happening in our social security system too.  For instance, mental illness is more common among the deaf and this can complicate one's ability to hold on to a job.  It may even be that it is just too much to even face going to a volunteer job or study if one is suffering a mental illness.  Our system tries to compensate by allowing exemptions within certain parameters, and stringent medical evidence is needed - this is sometimes very hard for ones to manage as it can be overwhelming to fill out so many forms etc.  But this is how satan's system works - by beating down the poor and oppressed til they give up, become homeless, and hopefully some charity will take over looking after feeding and housing them.

I hate my job because this is the government dept I work for, and it stinks.

2 hours ago, Qapla said:

You do realize that these are both the identical story, word-for-word, they are just in two different papers - it is actually an Associated Press article carried in many outlets.

Now, as to the story. I realize that no program man creates is perfect - far from it. And, yes, the greed and cheating of some cause others to lose out.

In the article mention is made of a 27 year old deaf man that is considered able-bodied instead of disabled because he is deaf. It is pointed out that he has trouble keeping a job. Well, I know some who are deaf and have jobs .... and they have been able to keep their jobs. The question is, does this man have trouble keeping his job because he is deaf, or is it because he does not want to work?

The article also focuses on ones who have not been able to get/find/keep a job but it seems to ignore the idea that these same people can do volunteer work or attend education or job-training courses and keep their benefits.

Okay Bro, no I didn't realize they were the same article just different states.

I don't think you are getting my point about the article.

I am a victim of such rules okay!  I have been declared disabled two times by the government. Had to apply a third time and got declined twice and now waiting waiting to get a appointment to go before a judge.

In the mean time, I am honestly disabled, I can't work and I am trying to prove this in a different state than before among a health care system that is run by the city I now live in. I can't get assistance from the government with healthcare because given my income and health issues they  said that I could qualify for medicaid, the state say I don't qualify.  The city doctors and social security doctors here are not wanting to declare me disabled, so I in the meantime can't eat properly to maintain not have a decline in my health because of this rule until I get qualified for disability. Or see the proper doctors and afford my meds on the tiny income I receive. Bills and rent have to be paid, some medical needs and some of my medicine has to be paid for.  I have to eat when and what I can when I can at the time being.

Hence my title of my post...The good have to suffer because of the bad.  And yes it is Satan's system that causes  these types of rules.

Now I hope you can understand my point. I would not call myself a true JW and at the same time not live by Jehovah's principals and commands. 

Edited by loving life

2 hours ago, Qapla said:

If  people can could volunteer somewhere they should and or  could work.

Edited by loving life

I think it's a good thing. Does anyone know if they can volunteer in religious activities such as preaching work? That would definitely help a person to feel better to help others in the process.

i also heard on the news this morning that they were going to change the dates of distribution of the food stamps to all throughout the month instead of everyone at the first of the month according to the report it was to help make sure the stores would not run out of goods. This one lady with children was told that she would only get 50 dollars at the first of this next month and then the remaining on her set date...she was not happy and stated it would cause her family a big hardship.

I see this system is further breaking down in every area of our lives. 

I was thinking it might be good if we know a family who gets assistance in our congregation to invite them for a meal this month to help them since we don't know how much stress they may have during their transition period. 

IMO it's exactly as Charlotte says. Everybody agrees that social help is necessary, the problem is that many people who don't want to work take advantage of the system. So harder rules have to be set. And those rules make things harder to some who really need the help.

If everybody were honest, it would be easy to determine who needs help. But this is Satan's system based on selfishness, and it's unsustainable.

I agree that many people do take advantage of the healthcare system, but where I live getting approved for disability or even things like pain management can be like pulling teeth! I know from experience... I have several health issues but the drs and some JW's I know say I'm too young to even discuss things like pain management or disability... Thus I just try to rely on Jehovah to help thru each day.

I couldn't hold down a public job...But here they are talking about doing away with certain benefits for younger ones and even some of the elderly... Of course I try to remind my self as long as Satan is in control nothing will every really be balanced...

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!