JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Women should register for draft"

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3002 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/military-officials-women-should-register-draft-n509851

What a scary thought. Our poor brothers have to go through persecution, court battles, and imprisonment for conscientious objection and now quite possibly in the near future us sisters may have to fight that same battle.

As we get ever closer to the end I can see this coming to fruition. 

40 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

Those idiot woman have asked for it, trouble is, our sisters might get flack from such as this. We are just tottering on the edge insanity. Everywhere you look. But for Jehovah...

I think majority of the population will agree with this possible outcome, equality and all. 

In this country, when boys turn 18 they must register with the draft ... it is mostly a formality that amounts to putting their name on a list.

When I turned 18, registering for the draft meant active combat or a five year prison term - unless you could get a classification that kept you from the draft.

Several Brothers I grew up with spent five years in Pensacola at the Federal Prison because they refused induction and were unable to secure an undraftable classification. Mostly, this was due to their lack of consistent theocratic activity.

Quite a number of the kids I went to school with never came back. A number of others came back "different" and were never the same afterwards.

I received a 4D and did not have to worry.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, Qapla said:

In this country, when boys turn 18 they must register with the draft ... it is mostly a formality that amounts to putting their name on a list.

When I turned 18, registering for the draft meant active combat or a five year prison term - unless you could get a classification that kept you from the draft.

Several Brothers I grew up with spent five years in Pensacola at the Federal Prison because they refused induction and were unable to secure an undraftable classification. Mostly, this was due to their lack of consistent theocratic activity.

Quite a number of the kids I went to school with never came back. A number of others came back "different" and were never the same afterwards.

I received a 4D and did not have to worry.

I can see "difference" between my former classmates

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

I'm not sure if it's legit or not, I'm doing some research, but a site called "Stars and Stripes" I found while researching the Selective Service laws stated that two house republicans introduced a bill called "Draft American’s Daughters Act". This hits home for me because some of my best friends are between the ages 22-26! And I just turned 28, so if they raise the age limit to 35/42 like rumor on the web has it, It will really hit home...

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

23 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

"Draft American’s Daughters Act"

Is that DADA or DA-DA?

:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

21 hours ago, cricket246 said:

I'm not sure if it's legit or not, I'm doing some research, but a site called "Stars and Stripes" I found while researching the Selective Service laws stated that two house republicans introduced a bill called "Draft American’s Daughters Act". This hits home for me because some of my best friends are between the ages 22-26! And I just turned 28, so if they raise the age limit to 35/42 like rumor on the web has it, It will really hit home...

what's about the Dada?

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

16 hours ago, cricket246 said:

I'm not sure if it's legit or not, I'm doing some research, but a site called "Stars and Stripes"

Stars and Stripes is the official news source for the military.  It has a long history and is respected among the military.