JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pray for our Dear Ones in Russia :(

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2937 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/russia/threaten-shutdown-jw-national-headquarters/

Satan has really raised his ugly head this month! Now Russia wants to shut down the branch/headquarters of JW's in Russia and ban our work throughout Russia, forget one city!

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Thanks Sister Natasha for this reminder. :)

The situation is definitely worsening, this isn't just 1 city having problems with the local officials within Russia, but this is the entire country of Russia!

I think it is very important that I start increasing my prayers to Jehovah about what is happening in Russia.

We can even pray concerning the Russian officials and Judges who have the ability to make such decisions.

I definitely am going to start making this more of a priority in my prayers to our Father! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** w96 5/1 p. 20 par. 22 Paying Back Caesar’s Things to Caesar ***
We may even pray “concerning kings and all those who are in high station” when these men are called upon to make decisions that affect our Christian life and work. 

*** km 11/90 p. 8 Presenting the Good News—In a Prayerful Manner ***
FOR OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS
All of Jehovah’s people are our fellow workers. (1 Cor. 3:9) Therefore, when secular authorities seek to interfere with the preaching of the good news, we are moved to pray “concerning kings and all those who are in high station.”

For what purpose?

“In order that we may go on leading a calm and quiet life with full godly devotion and seriousness.” (1 Tim. 2:1, 2) Such prayers are actually in favor of our brothers around the world. We pray that the authorities may be favorably disposed toward our work.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Definitely we need to pray for Russian brothers and sisters

But ultimately Jehovah is in full control and even if they shut us down momenterly in Russia  Jehovah will deal with it accordingly 

We are fast approaching the end ! 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

We are praying for you, dear brothers and sisters in Russia.  Know that your faith is something very precious to Jehovah and to all of us supporting you, as we wait for Jehovah's salvation.

Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be anxious, for I am your God. I will fortify you, yes, I will help you, I will really hold on to you with my right hand of righteousness.’ - Is 41:10

From JW.ORG Newsroom:

702016104_univ_lsr_lg.jpg

APRIL 7, 2016
RUSSIA

Russian Authorities Move Toward Unprecedented Shutdown of Witnesses’ National Headquarters

(If this in the wrong room, please remove, was not sure where it went)  Anyway, its really getting bad over there, hope my "gut feeling" that 2017 or before brings G.T., down our path.   Russia will not recognize the European Court of Human Rights anymore.   So we will all have to keep our brothers in mind and let Jehovah do the rest, or really Jesus who is the head of the Congregation 's. 

In the article about 'extremism,' a plainclothesman (Sevastapol?) was photographed carrying in  a "yellow Bible Teach" with his blue folder. Later a police representative mentioned it was the officer's own copy. What is a police rep doing with his personal copy of banned literature? Reading it? p.s. the elders in our congregation call this edition 'Old yeller."

Edited by kejedo

not finished

After completing my errands today on a sunny afternoon, I made an impromptu stop at a beautiful local park that included a lake nestled between lush green grass and trees while the birds were singing the sweetest of tunes in my ears.  With the aid of my cane, I walked to the edge of the lake, looked around, then heavenward as the sun was beaming on the side of my face as I began to talk to Jehovah about what's going on in my life.  I thanked Jehovah for listening to my prayer and prayed for all that I love--my family, dear friends but especially my brothers and sisters who are incarcerated or suffering intense persecution.

To our brethren in Russia, please know that we are praying for you and for Jehovah's will to be done!  This all-out attack by Jehovah's arch-enemy will not go unnoticed by God Almighty, His reigning Son Christ Jesus and His myriad of faithful angelic sons.  The "sands in the hourglass" are quickly draining  as the slithering snake's time for the abyss is QUICKLY coming!

Stand firm dear friends and continue to maintain integrity to our God the Father through Christ, our Lord and Savior.  We love you! 

If they want to ban us in Russia, and start to arrest brothers and sisters, I just ask where they gonna put 175 000 people ?

we 're not living in the same old days, and they will not be sent to Siberia.

Something big is around the corner, and we will be on the side of the winners.

On 4/8/2016 at 0:22 PM, Tbs77 said:

Momentum building for a monumental showdown... Loyal, Lifted palms for the whole international brotherhood!

Update on Turkmenistan from Forum 18, will most likely have update on JW.org soon:

http://www.forum18.org/archive.php?article_id=2164

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Withe the exception of physical torture, this situation is similar to the Azerbaijan case: complete isolation, denial of basic human rights, coerced confessions, etc. My heart aches for our brothers there. 

This made me think of the fairly recent watchtower where the small group of witnesses were having the study in a basement or garage. Whats happening in Russia will happen for all of us at some time (soon?) Governments shutting down our facilities and halls etc. 

We may learn much from what happens there that will help us to endure through difficult times hard to deal with.

It is sad to hear of these instances, but knowing Jehovah's Day is near makes me want them to occur. Just wish our dear brothers and sisters didn't have to suffer!!!!!!!!!

Please, Jehovah, help them maintain their integrity to you and your purposes.

After it is all said and done, WE WIN!

I get what you are saying Peggy, for us to get to the other side we all have to first cross a bridge that is open to attacks some more than others, some different than others.  

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

On 4/9/2016 at 4:04 PM, BibleSteve said:

This made me think of the fairly recent watchtower where the small group of witnesses were having the study in a basement or garage. Whats happening in Russia will happen for all of us at some time (soon?) Governments shutting down our facilities and halls etc. 

We may learn much from what happens there that will help us to endure through difficult times hard to deal with.

I think this may happen there, soon all of us worldwide.  Particularly here in this "free" country USA.