JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library issue

I hope this is the right spot... but in the Meetings tab- do you guys see the Imitate book there?  I have the Workbook, the Songbooks, the School book and that's it.

Just wondering if it's my glitch or something else. Thanks! 

22 minutes ago, Hope said:

I hope this is the right spot... but in the Meetings tab- do you guys see the Imitate book there?  I have the Workbook, the Songbooks, the School book and that's it.

If we are still talking about Android, my Nook Android tablet (KitKat 4.4) shows the imitate book in the MWB under the "meetings" tab.  I tapped it and it opened.  A second tap on the title (in the study pane) brought up the whole book like usual.

5 hours ago, Hope said:

My Samsung tablet is like this. No Imitate book shown.

No biggee, I use Moonreader pro...

9 hours ago, Hope said:

It's not available in iPad. I have to access the Imitate lesson through the mwb.

13 hours ago, Hope said:

No, this isn't a glitch.  When you click the link in the workbook for the imitate book, the study pane opens with the Imitate book lesson, but you can't go back and forth from the book to the scriptures easily.  So when you open the study pane for the lesson, click on the heading of the lesson (it will be in blue) and then your Imiate book will open up with all the illustrations and you can go back and forth between book and scriptures easily.  It's just one extra little step you have to take.  

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

9 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

My Samsung tablet is like this. No Imitate book shown.

No biggee, I use Moonreader pro...

I use Moonreader Pro for the Bible Study, too. :)  I'd already started the book there and I'm finishing it!  I do sorta still like Moonreader a bit better than the Library... but I do use the Library for the WT studies.

I still Use Moonreader Pro for the Workbook because I can make notes there.  As soon as JW Library adds that feature (notation) I probably will hardly use MoonReader Pro anymore. 

3 hours ago, Hope said:

I use Moonreader Pro for the Bible Study, too. :)  I'd already started the book there and I'm finishing it!  I do sorta still like Moonreader a bit better than the Library... but I do use the Library for the WT studies.

If you study the Imitate book in any app (Moonreader, etc) when it is called up by the Meeting Workbook the highlights will be there.  It is the same downloaded publication.  Even if you have to update the publication, the highlights remain.

1 minute ago, jwhess said:

If you study the Imitate book in any app (Moonreader, etc) when it is called up by the Meeting Workbook the highlights will be there.  It is the same downloaded publication.  Even if you have to update the publication, the highlights remain.

I wish that was true. But because you have to download the Imitate book seperately into the reader and JW Library, the highlighting does not carry over from one application to another.   I use JW Library and Moonreader Pro and have never seen the highlighting go from one app to the other.  If there is a way, please explain further!

8 minutes ago, jwhess said:

2 minutes ago, shali said:

I wish that was true. But because you have to download the Imitate book seperately into the reader and JW Library, the highlighting does not carry over from one application to another.   I use JW Library and Moonreader Pro and have never seen the highlighting go from one app to the other.  If there is a way, please explain further!

Yes, please explain further!  :S

20 minutes ago, jwhess said:

My JW LIB can only access books downloaded into that particular app - it won't call up books downloaded into another app like Moonreader Pro.  If your JW Lib allows access to other app's for the publications, please tell me what I need to do to make that happen!

My apologies to Sr. Brigette And Br. Leonardo.  I am wrong in what I said.  Several brothers asked me about studying the Imitate book by itself in JW-Library.  They have studied most of the book before the MWB.  Some have noticed updates to books and have agreed to download them.  They were concerned that they would have to re-study (highlight) the publications when they were called up in the MBW under the "meetings" tab.  Any of these books that were underlined in JW-Library (on the same device) will show the highlighting when called up for a meeting in the MWB.  SIDE POINT:  you need to click on the book title or heading in the 'study-pane' to get it to open fully as a book.

Since Adobe, MoonReader, Iannotate and others make you download a separate copy (not used by JW-Library, this carry-over effect does not work.  Sorry for the anxiety caused.

Thanks for clarifing this John.  Let your friends rest assured that they will not lose any highlighting in their publications just because they get an update.  Once there, it's there to stay unless you manually delete all your highlighting.  The JW LIB app uses the publication you've downloaded into it for any links in any of the other publications that is why you only need one copy of any publication in that app.  How horrible it would be if you had to download everything everytime you clicked a link!

1 hour ago, shali said:

Thanks for clarifing this John.  Let your friends rest assured that they will not lose any highlighting in their publications just because they get an update.  Once there, it's there to stay unless you manually delete all your highlighting.  The JW LIB app uses the publication you've downloaded into it for any links in any of the other publications that is why you only need one copy of any publication in that app.  How horrible it would be if you had to download everything everytime you clicked a link!

And unless you delete the JW Library app from your device and re-download it from the App Store.  

I'm having what seems to be an awful problem with my JW Library app (I have a Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 - Android).  On Saturday evening, it was working fine - studied my WT for Sunday then plugged it in to charge overnight (as I usually do).

Yesterday, I'm at the assembly and... the JW Library will not open.  I get the white screen with the logo and the little "moving" line underneath and that stays until the box comes up saying JW Library is not responding. :(  I tried all I could think of - restarting several times, completely powering off... I'm trying to open it right now and it still isn't working.  Everything else on my tablet seems to be fine.  

Thank goodness I had the Bible and the (unstudied) WT on my Moon+ Reader, so I wasn't completely out of sorts.  But other than uninstalling and re-installing the app - can anyone think of why this might be happening?

Thank you...   u.

Edited by Hope

4 minutes ago, Hope said:

I'm having what seems to be an awful problem with my JW Library app (I have a Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 - Android).  On Saturday evening, it was working fine - studied my WT for Sunday then plugged it in to charge overnight (as I usually do).

Yesterday, I'm at the assembly and... the JW Library will not open.  I get the white screen with the logo and the little "moving" line underneath and that stays until the box comes up saying JW Library is not responding. :(  I tried all I could think of - restarting several times, completely powering off... I'm trying to open it right now and it still isn't working.  Everything else on my tablet seems to be fine.  

Thank goodness I had the Bible and the (unstudied) WT on my Moon+ Reader, so I wasn't completely out of sorts.  But other than uninstalling and re-installing the app - can anyone think of why this might be happening?

Thank you...   u.

I have a Samsung tablet too and the same thing has happened to me in the past as well. I couldn't figure out what happened or why, so I had to uninstall and reinstall the app and it worked fine.  Sorry.

oh, sad.. :(

Can you confirm that uninstalling the app will remove all the videos/literature, as well?  I don't want to reload them if they're already there... and I REALLY don't want them sitting in my memory space but unable to access or remove.. 

22 minutes ago, Hope said:

Can you confirm that uninstalling the app will remove all the videos/literature, as well?  I don't want to reload them if they're already there... and I REALLY don't want them sitting in my memory space but unable to access or remove.. 

If you uninstall the JW Library app from your device, you'll be up the creek without a paddle. The following link will answer more of your questions. 

https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/android/

2 minutes ago, Hope said:

What do you mean by that, Leonardo?

I didn't see any answers to my particular issue at the link but I did send in the online feedback form. 

Are my bookmarks and highlights backed up?

No. If you uninstall and reinstall JW Library, your bookmarks and highlights will be lost. However, if you delete a publication and then download it again, bookmarks and highlights are kept.

This is what I was referring to, but I see now that you were asking about the videos and not publications.  Sorry for the confusion.

I don't have any bookmarks and I'm not really concerned about highlights.  But I've downloaded a lot of pubs and videos and they are stored on my SD card.  My question was -- if I uninstall the app will it also delete the pubs and videos?

If it doesn't, fine. :) 

If it does, also fine... I just don't want "ghost" copies of pubs and videos remaining - using up space/memory with no way to either access or delete.  Does that make sense?

3 hours ago, Hope said:

You will lose everything you have downloaded when you uninstall and reinstall the app. Also the space used by all you download should return. However, you will have to re download everything again.  Sorry.

Yah -- that's a drag... but it's okay, thank you! :)  It's just weird the app decided to just flake out like that.  

NOT happy to discover that at the assembly!!! :P 

Edited by Hope