JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library issue

I just shut down the app and restarted the tablet and opened the app back up and they all showed that they downloaded. Wield type of glitch to have.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I received an JW Lib update today that issued us Android users the Multimedia button, but I've noticed that I can't download any video's now!  I've been trying to download the full length movies and Bible accounts but when I click on the button I get to choose the video format and then I get the X with the purple line running but never stopping and eventually it just goes back to the cloud icon.  Anyone else having this problem?  

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

It works for me. Try touching the cloud and when it shows up again retouch it and maybe it will start from where it stopped until you have it. I had that problem when I used Hughes Net Satellite service. Perhaps your download speed is lagging. 

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

• 2 months later...

I face this issue, after the major update of JW Library, as you see in the attached image. I can't see the bold fonts that normally appears in another users. My tablet is Samsung Note 10.1 with Android 4.4.2. My wife has also the same problem in her Samsung Android 4.4.2. But my  parents that have Samsung with Android 5.0, the bold fonts appear normally. Any ideas? 

Screenshots_2016-08-01-21-11-45.png

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, leoperales said:

Is anyone e experiencing the following issue?:

I'm preparing for the midweek meeting and when I'm in the mwb, I click on the link to the congregation Bible study. When I do that, I get a blank screen. 

That happened to me before. Closed the app and then it worked. 

On  the other hand, on my wife's tablet it happened with the songbook (clicked from mwb) and I had to delete the songbook file (new songs) and re-download and then it worked 

On 03/08/2016 at 9:28 AM, ouzo said:

I face this issue, after the major update of JW Library, as you see in the attached image. I can't see the bold fonts that normally appears in another users. My tablet is Samsung Note 10.1 with Android 4.4.2. My wife has also the same problem in her Samsung Android 4.4.2. But my  parents that have Samsung with Android 5.0, the bold fonts appear normally. Any ideas? 

Screenshots_2016-08-01-21-11-45.png

I have a friend with the same issue and same android version... Must be a bug specific to that version 

3 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

That happened to me before. Closed the app and then it worked. 

On  the other hand, on my wife's tablet it happened with the songbook (clicked from mwb) and I had to delete the songbook file (new songs) and re-download and then it worked 

I'll try that. What I definitely don't want to do is uninstall JW Library, since I have a lot of highlighting that I wouldn't want to lose. 

24 minutes ago, leoperales said:

Is anyone e experiencing the following issue?:

I'm preparing for the midweek meeting and when I'm in the mwb, I click on the link to the congregation Bible study. When I do that, I get a blank screen. 

Mine (Android ) works fine. 

I assume the KR is downloaded and updated?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm stumped. My wife's Samsung tab4 does not want to load the JW Library. I even did a reset (like you would if you were selling it or giving it away) and I still cannot load it. JW language loads fine.

I'm getting an error 495. I have cleared the cache, removed the google account and still nothing. I thought I was a geek, but now I need a real geek. Can some some guide in the right direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Chijwas said:

Ok, I'm stumped. My wife's Samsung tab4 does not want to load the JW Library. I even did a reset (like you would if you were selling it or giving it away) and I still cannot load it. JW language loads fine.

I'm getting an error 495. I have cleared the cache, removed the google account and still nothing. I thought I was a geek, but now I need a real geek. Can some some guide in the right direction.

Go to the Settings app and Tap Apps. Swipe to the ‘All’ tab and look first for the Download Manager. Tap Clear Data. Next, return to the ‘All’ tab and look for the Google Play Store. Clear the cache and restart your device. You should be able to download an app now.

Apps not downloading might have something to do with the network you’re connected to and this is the kind of problem that’s harder to solve. You might be able to download apps easily if you switched to a different network but that is easier said then done. Try one of these two options; instead of using your carrier’s network use your Wi-Fi connection, or if it’s the carrier’s network that’s giving you trouble, use your Wi-Fi.

If neither options work, connect to your Wi-Fi network and reset your router. To do so, hold down the power button for a few seconds before you release it. Switch it on after thirty seconds and restart your device for good measure. This should resolve the problem in most cases.

I Googled it and it looks like it could be a network issue.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D