JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Life size Noah's Ark

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2836 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, leoperales said:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/21/opinions/kentucky-ark-costello/index.html

Here's an article and video talking about a life-size Noah's Ark in Kentucky, USA. Very impressive! (The ark, not the cause.) :bible2:

YEC's are funny. They insist on taking a 24-hour view of the word "day" in the Bible, but they struggle with the 900+ years Adam lived. Jehovah told them:  "you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die". (Genesis 2:17)

Then Adam and Eve should have been dead by sunset if "day" is to be always taken literally in Genesis.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an updated article.  http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/nation-world/article/Noah-s-ark-of-biblical-proportions-ready-to-open-8343077.php#photo-10490339

The ark kinda' looks square. But dinosaurs in the ark? IDK. Seeing it in real life, one has to imagine what Noah's contemporaries were thinking to themselves. "What is this guy building?"

tumblr_njwmadPB4r1s865f6o1_500.jpg

Hro. Leonardo  Here's a model of the ark at our Assembly Hall...it's kind of cuadrado.  :sunshine:

I watched the news this evening, and saw the CEO pastor who had this "ark" built.  To tell you the truth friends, I wouldn't waste my money going on board.  The size is enormous, and width, but after seeing the lay out of this area, it looks like a ministries park.   I don't feel comfortable assisting Christendom.  The story line sounded like this was going to be a theme park based on Genesis.   I think it also mentioned in the news article that the owner does not believe that the earth could be billions of years old, and afterwards, he stated that the earth was created in 6 days.   So I can't support this line of thinking.  I don't think I would want to be in that ark when the G.T. breaks out!

Edited by Allabord4Jah

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

They used a big cubit when they built it...

"The vessel was said to measure '300 cubits, by 50 cubits, by 30 cubits', which translates to up to 515ft long, 86ft wide and 52ft high.
The traditional shape of Noah's Ark comes from 19th century artists. But some experts say it would have had to have been 450ft long and would have broken apart."

*** it-1 p. 164 Ark ***
In size the ark was 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high. Conservatively calculating the cubit as 44.5 cm (17.5 in.) (some think the ancient cubit was nearer 56 or 61 cm), the ark measured 133.5 m by 22.3 m by 13.4 m (437 ft 6 in. × 72 ft 11 in. × 43 ft 9 in.), 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

They did have Nephilim then. Maybe they used average arm length :lol1:

Cubit - A  linear measure roughly corresponding to the distance from the elbow to the tip of the middle finger. (De 3:11)  

http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

21 hours ago, trottigy said:

We once had Bill Nye hanging from our crane.  I wonder if I should have left him hanging? 

I kid of course! That would be unkind.  Maybe a firmer landing? 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

There was an interesting quote in the Sept 2013 Awake regarding ancient Chinese ships....

Zheng He’s Treasure Ships—How Large and How Many?

102013327_univ_cnt_3_sm.jpg

Historical records from the Ming dynasty say that Zheng He’s treasure ships were amazingly large—447 feet (136 m) long and 183 feet (56 m) wide. Scholars find these figures problematic and hard to verify, in that wooden sailing ships in excess of 300 feet (90 m) in length are structurally unsound.

“All indications are that exaggeration has been at work in the accounts that mention the ships’ enormous size,” says one article on the subject. “A ship of about 200-250 ft [60-75 m] would make much more sense than the 450 ft [135 m] one.” Whatever the case, in the 15th century, vessels measuring over 200 feet (60 m) in length were certainly exceptional, and Zheng He’s fleet included up to 62 of them!

I am sure I have read something in the publications way back discussing this and the ark size but don't have the CD available ATM and it's not on the online library.

Either way, I think it's one of those quotes that the writers perhaps didn't see the implication of, rather like the one comment about the The Step Pyramid of King Djoser in the Insight book that mentions the dating to the 3rd century B.C.E. (secular sources say 27th C B.C.E.) without qualifying that in the light of Biblical testimony.