JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Regards from Venezuela

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2358 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We  cannot discuss about ways to help. As bro/sis Luezette said food imports are prohibited and probably confiscated by the national guard and officials.

Donating to THE world wide work is probably THE best option, currently there is a lo of difficulties for our brotherhood in many Parts of the world, like Zimbabwe to mentón One.

The best you can do is pray Our Heavenly Father that this situation don't descend into a full blown civil war.

May Jehovah bless you, dear ones.

34 minutes ago, kejedo said:

Dear Brother Daniel 244, please accept heartfelt sadness for what you and our Christian FRiends are gong through. How did you even access us electronically?  LIke others on this site, I would like to directly help.  Guess I will have to make sure I donate to the world wide work. OUr brothers know how to direct resources. Agape to those in Venezuela

Help is complicated as the goverment is not allowing humanitarian help and everything is controlled at customs

Antonio, this situation is heartwrenching for those of us who have to look on from afar.  How we worry about all of you!!!  I do believe in Jehovah's promise that 'no loyal one will go without bread'.  Sounds as if your faith is already strengthened in seeing how Jehovah is caring for you spiritually as well as physcially during this horrible time - what a fine example for the rest of us!  I will indeed keep my 'family' members in Venezula in my prayers!  Thank you so much for keeping us informed and if you get the chance, we'd love to hear some experiences of what you believe to be Jehovah's 'hand in the matter' in caring for you all!  Much Love!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Bro. Antonio, Jehovah has always supplied our needs, which he is doing now, via jw.org. 

Continue taking access of such as you and the friends are doing now. There is no doubt such is one reason why y'all still holding up through Jehovah's spirit. As Jesus said "Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every word that comes from Jehovah's mouth." Matt. 4:4. 

This is why Jehovah is blessing y'all with the increase even amid this trial, for y'all are putting him first, indicating full trust, faithfulness, loyalty!

As Luezette said, I can only imagine that this type of situation is making the people there very responsive to the bible's message of a kingdom (government) where there will be plenty for all and at no cost, with no criminal element to take away from the enjoyment of life!  Soon your kingdom halls will be bursting at the seams!  Whereas the cost of every little thing is skyrocketing, the most precious thing of all (God's word and knowledge of Him) is still free (at least from the Witnesses!)

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I hace seen Jehovah's help specially in the brothers on my service Group. Forma example a sister 30 years as reg pioneer, she doesn't have a work. Many times she has told me that everytime she runs out of food a brother or a sister gives she and her sister somerhing to eat for that day if she has a sur plus she then shares that with her bible students, One of them baptized last week.

Another story a bible student and her 4 children, she and her older son were going todo batipsm last weekend. She had money for THE bus but not for the food. They went anyway at the intermission she and their children were given lunch by THE brothers and sisters and she even took some home for later.

Another One, this was yesterday, a sister with diabetes and a leg ulcer going almost to Gangrene received the full treatment from a sister who just arrived from spain.

Another One a sister with severe hypertension didnt find the medicine, because of she is eating less  the tension has lowered a lot and she has been able to go on without medicine for a while.

One international assembly in a city is not hardly going to cure the economy, infrastructure (or corruption) of an entire country, I wouldn't think!  

Plus... Witnesses don't really spend THAT much money, as much as it cost to get over there.  I'm pretty sure our presence was rather negligible under the circumstances. :( 

Bro. Antonio, see? The experiences you just related gives evidence of Jehovah's love and care! 

Never doubt! I'm not saying you are doubting, not at all, it's just that sometimes during crises, we can start to think stuff know what I mean? It's just human nature I guess. Elisha (or Elijah? always getting them mixed up), he began having thoughts and Jehovah never scolded him! (Not bad stuff. Just despondent things after crazy Jezebel began messing with him).

Just continue what you're doing, you and the friends. Jehovah sees you, the friends, and even the people's hearts. He'll, as you already know, take care of things. What he's allowing y'all to go through (you know he can give y'all food separately right as in only y'all? He did it before). Anyway, what he's allowing y'all to go through is only temporary, may not seem so but it is. And when it ends, and it will either by man doing the right thing or through Jehovah's righteous war, whichever comes first though Jehovah's war will end it all permanently, y'all will come through this strong as ever!!! 

And thanking Jehovah! (think after the deliverance from Egypt).

Edited by Luezette

22 minutes ago, timpin said:

...   should this thread be moved out of "Introductions & Warm Welcomes"   ...   so more can see it?

If you can see it in this forum, everyone else can also. The OP posted it here and I see no reason to move it. 

54 minutes ago, Luezette said:

Thank you for your sincere concern. I've been in the truth for a while, and  I have always felt Jehovah is by my side even in my darkest moments. 7 years ago me and my wife lost our firstborn, he was ver y sick and I jwanted it so badly that he survived and I remember One night sitting in a chair beside my wife and I asked Jehováh that if my son couldnt survive that he gave me and my wife THE strength to go on and keep rhe faith and that my wife would not go insane. After that Jehovah started to using us in many privileges of service so I didnt have THE time to think to much about our personal tragedy instead we focused on serving Him and helping others. 7 years later thanks to Him here we are. This too shall pass.

Agape

Edited by Daniel244

16 hours ago, timpin said:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/s/r1/lp-e?q=Venezuela&p=par 

...   should this thread be moved out of "Introductions & Warm Welcomes"   ...   so more can see it?

Bro. Tim, that may be a good idea; then the brothers here too can offer some encouragement!  :bible2:

16 hours ago, Musky said:

If you can see it in this forum, everyone else can also. The OP posted it here and I see no reason to move it. 

I originally thought this was an entry "Public" section, now I realize it's Members Only. (just being cautious because of content expressed)

I only searched for it because of :  

Recent Status Updates from,

If anyone has the chance to, pop into the 'Regards from Venezula" thread we might not be able to do much tangibly, but brother Antonia might be able to pass on some encouraging comments from some of you awesome brothers and sisters.  They really need us.

Edited by timpin

The moderators agreed and felt it best to stay in this members only area.

Thanks for the report my brother.

May our Heavenly Father Jehovah continue looking after his dear children. :pray: 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Antonio dear brother,

Sending you love from Australia!  Will certainly keep our dear brothers and sisters from Venezuela in my prayers for Jehovah to continue to sustain you and protect you.  Your experiences are so encouraging, and your strong faith in Jehovah providing your essential provisions is such a good example for us. 

Remember Jehovah loves the faith you show and will always keep you in his care!

Happy is the one who has the God of Jacob as his helper, Whose hope is in Jehovah his God, The Maker of heaven and earth, Of the sea, and of all that is in them, The One who always remains faithful, The One securing justice for those defrauded, The One giving bread to the hungry. Jehovah is releasing the prisoners. - Ps 146:5-7

8 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Antonio dear brother,

Sending you love from Australia!  Will certainly keep our dear brothers and sisters from Venezuela in my prayers for Jehovah to continue to sustain you and protect you.  Your experiences are so encouraging, and your strong faith in Jehovah providing your essential provisions is such a good example for us. 

Remember Jehovah loves the faith you show and will always keep you in his care!

Happy is the one who has the God of Jacob as his helper, Whose hope is in Jehovah his God, The Maker of heaven and earth, Of the sea, and of all that is in them, The One who always remains faithful, The One securing justice for those defrauded, The One giving bread to the hungry. Jehovah is releasing the prisoners. - Ps 146:5-7

Thank you my beloved sister. Thank you All for your love. Can you imagine what would be like when the wicked, sorrow, pain, hunger, goverment dissapear and we will be an united family forever.