JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Regards from Venezuela

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2380 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 4 months later...
On 7/13/2016 at 4:26 PM, Daniel244 said:

It really is as bad as the news says. I`d say worse

Is there any information on how the friends are doing?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Hi Bro Richard, situation has not improved, it his heart wrenching seeing the friends losing massive amount of weight, and it is now a regular thing seeing people eating from the garbage bins as we go house to house.

What more can I say?. Let your kingdom come, your will be done!.

Agape.

Tears. Brother, We will be praying for you and our dear friends stuck in this horrible mess. It is not out of sight, out of mind for us. But, we do need your kindly reminders to be more specific in our prayers. Our loyalty and faith will be to remember you all in our prayers, and to, at least try to, show the faith you are. Shoulder to shoulder...yes, your reminders remind us  to pray for that Kingdom, intensely. And to help get ones out of this system so the end can come! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

48 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

Tears. Brother, We will be praying for you and our dear friends stuck in this horrible mess. It is not out of sight, out of mind for us. But, we do need your kindly reminders to be more specific in our prayers. Our loyalty and faith will be to remember you all in our prayers, and to, at least try to, show the faith you are. Shoulder to shoulder...yes, your reminders remind us  to pray for that Kingdom, intensely. And to help get ones out of this system so the end can come! 

Thank you my dear Bea

I would post the images of people on the streets eating dogs, but they are too sad to contemplate!.

I really wish Jehovah erase part of my memory in the new world, so that I would forget the things I have seen in the last year here!.

Agape

Edited by Daniel244

Brother  Daniel ... while we all have our trials wherever we are - it is beyond comprehension of what our brothers and sisters are expenrencing in Venezuela ... you know? I do a daily quiz to name all the countries of the world,just so my understanding of where people are and when I hear things in the news I can picture their locations. When I type venezuela ... its not just a word - I picture you ... as represensative of all our brothers and sisters in Venezuela  on this site ... if it wasn't for you conveying these things - us in the western world would be ignorant of the depth of your sufferings. 

Yes we may see a news bulletin or two, but media doesn't care - these news items aren't what pulls their audience or pays their wages. There are a lot of forgotten people in this world ... Haitians, Nepalese, Chinese, the iist is long ... but through you we see faces and people and it strengthens us because we know Jehovah sees  it too, and that he WILL hear the cry of his people and HE will put it right.

We love you all so much and wish we could do something more than just type words ... our prayers continue and the new system;s light is on the horizon. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

8 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Brother  Daniel ... while we all have our trials wherever we are - it is beyond comprehension of what our brothers and sisters are expenrencing in Venezuela ... you know? I do a daily quiz to name all the countries of the world,just so my understanding of where people are and when I hear things in the news I can picture their locations. When I type venezuela ... its not just a word - I picture you ... as represensative of all our brothers and sisters in Venezuela  on this site ... if it wasn't for you conveying these things - us in the western world would be ignorant of the depth of your sufferings. 

Yes we may see a news bulletin or two, but media doesn't care - these news items aren't what pulls their audience or pays their wages. There are a lot of forgotten people in this world ... Haitians, Nepalese, Chinese, the iist is long ... but through you we see faces and people and it strengthens us because we know Jehovah sees  it too, and that he WILL hear the cry of his people and HE will put it right.

We love you all so much and wish we could do something more than just type words ... our prayers continue and the new system;s light is on the horizon. 

Thank you dear Mandi, I think that is the only thing you can do. I have no knowledge of any brother or sister looking for food on the garbage (thanks to Jehovah), the hospitality and solidarity of our brotherhood here is working, of course most of the brothers are not eating the same as before, some has lost 20  40 60 lbs, some aren`t taking their medicine, but somehow are in better situation than worldly people.

Of course is really shocking to see people looking for food on the streets, young girls (some under 12 years old) selling themselves out just for food, or people hunting dogs, cats, pigeon to feed themselves, although they are not our spiritual brothers, they are our neighboors and its really saddening.

Some friends from Canada sent a container full of medicine, but officials at custom confiscated them. So really, the only thing you can do is pray for us, and as I see it for the whole brotherhood around the world, this really are extremely critical times.

Agape.

Edited by Daniel244

Yes so relatively speaking the witnesses are in the safest place in Venezuela - in Jehovah's arms.  I always remember a simple secular saying :  "This too, will pass"

It will ... this time in 100 years we will all be sitting around Jehovah's spiritual table, eating literal food that tastes as it should, enjoying the company of genuine and happy brothers and sisters. Watching Jehovah's creation every day - being in harmony all over the earth. THere won't be pockets of rich people enjoying the fat of the land, while those in poorer countries struggle to survive.  Everyone will have the same - to me that is true paradise, because while we are well off materially here in NZ ... I don't enjoy it knowing there are brothers and sisters who deserve it more than I do ... In the new system I'll enjoy what I have because I know every brother and sisters has the same.  

If I, a mere woman servant of Jehovah wants to scoop you all up in my arms and keep you all safe, imagine what Jehovah wants to do ... at least he has the power and we shall trust in him to keep you all safe ... whether that be in the resurrection, release of suffering now, or when the new system comes. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Brother Daniel, my heart is heavy for you and for those worshipping Jehovah under difficult circumstances.  Do you know that I mention you all in my prayers to Jehovah every night? aside from our brothers and sisters who are also incarcerated?  You are not alone and, with our Heavenly Father...you will never be.

Please, be rest assured of our continued love to you all. :heart: :bible2:

4 hours ago, Daniel244 said:

I really wish Jehovah erase part of my memory in the new world, so that I would forget the things I have seen in the last year here!

He will Brother Daniel...He will!

As you are His faithful servant, Jehovah makes this personal promise to you:

"The former things will not be called to mind, nor will they come up into the heart."--Isaiah 65:17 :givehug:

I can't add much, Brother Daniel, to what our friends have already said above.  Except to tell you, you faithful ones are not forgotten in my prayers and I mention your struggles and your faith to all my friends in my congregation - so they too are aware of your endurance.  You keep up the fine fight, and keep being a source of encouragement to your own congregation, but also to all of us who are with you in spirit.  Our tears for you will one day soon be happy tears!  May Jehovah keep granting you the courage to keep on going!!!

Dear brother how man has made such a mess of the world their rule has only brought suffering and pain , we here in N America live in a world of Excess and waste  but our circumstances could change in an instant ...... how mismanaged the earth is and how we long for relief by means of our loving a God and father.

I assure you  we are making constant supplications  for you through your terrible sufferings.  Your faith and reliance on Jehovagh has I am sure deepened and you are a source of encouragement  for us as well.  

Genesis 31:49. " may Jehovah keep watch between you and I when we are situated unseen, one from the other" .  ( older version) 

8 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I can't add much, Brother Daniel, to what our friends have already said above.  Except to tell you, you faithful ones are not forgotten in my prayers and I mention your struggles and your faith to all my friends in my congregation - so they too are aware of your endurance.  You keep up the fine fight, and keep being a source of encouragement to your own congregation, but also to all of us who are with you in spirit.  Our tears for you will one day soon be happy tears!  May Jehovah keep granting you the courage to keep on going!!!

5 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Thank you for your update dear brother Daniel. I have thought of you often and always remember you and our dear brothers and sisters in Venezuela in my prayers. 

4 hours ago, Miss Mouse said:

Dear brother how man has made such a mess of the world their rule has only brought suffering and pain , we here in N America live in a world of Excess and waste  but our circumstances could change in an instant ...... how mismanaged the earth is and how we long for relief by means of our loving a God and father.

I assure you  we are making constant supplications  for you through your terrible sufferings.  Your faith and reliance on Jehovagh has I am sure deepened and you are a source of encouragement  for us as well.  

Genesis 31:49. " may Jehovah keep watch between you and I when we are situated unseen, one from the other" .  ( older version) 

Thank you dear Sisters, Ruth 2:12h.

Agape

Edited by Daniel244

Oh my Brother I always look for posts from you to see how the Brothers are faring. May Jehovah God continue to be with you in every aspect! I beg him to let the food items you do eat, to nourish you and keep you energized and healthy and to please not stunt the growth of small children because they seem to want to eat all the time because of their growing little bodies. And as for the teenager they too seem to want to eat all the time and I beg him to let their bodies develop with out any growth delays.  I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about you and the Friends there and the plight of your situation.

I beg Jehovah to let the bellies feel full and satisfied even on a small amount of food and that the nourishment is enough to keep the body healthy. It always warms me Brother when you update us on what's going on, because in a way you are also warning us through your experience of whats to come and by God's mercy he's showing us through you what is going to become of the planet and  I thank you so much.  Antonio (can we use your name now?) you are showing the Christian Congregation what true loyalty to Jehovah is all about, in so many ways. My Mom doesn't like to talk about when they ate cat during hard times from her country when she was a girl. To this day she has a very strong constitution. You have shown us how it is done Brother A -to remain loyal and I will be forever grateful to you because of how you use your limited supplies and though you have a little everything about you is very substantial indeed. Por favor please let the Friends know we are praying for you all just as we would pray for ourselves.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

16 hours ago, NSSewer said:

Oh my Brother I always look for posts from you to see how the Brothers are faring. May Jehovah God continue to be with you in every aspect! I beg him to let the food items you do eat, to nourish you and keep you energized and healthy and to please not stunt the growth of small children because they seem to want to eat all the time because of their growing little bodies. And as for the teenager they too seem to want to eat all the time and I beg him to let their bodies develop with out any growth delays.  I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about you and the Friends there and the plight of your situation.

I beg Jehovah to let the bellies feel full and satisfied even on a small amount of food and that the nourishment is enough to keep the body healthy. It always warms me Brother when you update us on what's going on, because in a way you are also warning us through your experience of whats to come and by God's mercy he's showing us through you what is going to become of the planet and  I thank you so much.  Antonio (can we use your name now?) you are showing the Christian Congregation what true loyalty to Jehovah is all about, in so many ways. My Mom doesn't like to talk about when they ate cat during hard times from her country when she was a girl. To this day she has a very strong constitution. You have shown us how it is done Brother A -to remain loyal and I will be forever grateful to you because of how you use your limited supplies and though you have a little everything about you is very substantial indeed. Por favor please let the Friends know we are praying for you all just as we would pray for ourselves.

Thank you for your kind words dear sister.

May Jehovah bless you

Keeping you dear ones in my prayers. I saw a news article the other day that said some countries near Venezuela were starting to have severe problems. Its spreading. Satan in on a rampage. How are tou dear ones faring?

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Brother Antonio, what is the reaction like in the field? Has the conditions softened hearts or are they too involved in their own problems still?

4 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Brother Antonio, what is the reaction like in the field? Has the conditions softened hearts or are they too involved in their own problems still?

You would think that these hardships would soften many hearts, thing is some are seeing noble profecies being fullfilled and that make them curious about the bible, but most of the people are worried about "what to eat" and the  worries of daily life, most of them money related.

Agape

Edited by Daniel244

Watching  ABC NEWS.com #NIGHTLINE about  Venezuela.  Its is so bad for the people there. Corruption at its finest. Please keep the friends there in your prayers. This hurts!

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.