JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Global warming is bogus huh? Check this out.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2717 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Finally found the time to watch the above video.

Pretty sobering documentary.   Shines even more light on Rev. 11:18b.

I felt sorry for that dying astronaut who has put his faith in people.

I think Leo did a great job.  I kept wanting to hand him one of our tracts.

How can anybody see this and not realize that it is going to take Divine Intervention to save earth and its inhabitants?

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Yeah Ross, I felt the same way - give Leo our tracts!!! LOL I am so saddened that people are so blind and yet also humbled by Jehovah's foresight that he EVEN put that reference in the bible - He will ruin those ruining the earth. As frustrated as the scientist feel imagine how Jehovah feels. He made the earth with it's ecosystem  and symbiotic way if functions and we just made a mess of it. I look forward to knowing how to properly take care of our planet.

An interesting article which shows just how close the earth is to the "sixth great extinction event" - not that Jehovah is going to let it get to that point :)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-09/overhaul-needed-to-halt-earth's-6th-great-extinction-event/8006050

In this article, two eminent scientists show how a radical overhaul is needed to stop this happening, siting:

• Collapse of biodiversity - if a species goes extinct without being replaced, then we are losing biodiversity. Mass extinction involves a catastrophic loss of biodiversity.
  • The modern extinction spasm - Background extinction rate (normal extinction rate without human intervention) compared with the beginning of the 20th century shows species have been disappearing far faster than before. Since 1900, reptiles are vanishing 24 times faster, birds 34 times faster, mammals and fishes about 55 times faster, and amphibians 100 times faster than they have in the past.

cumulative-vertebrate-species-extinctions-data.png

• Extinction filters - those caused by humans even before this age. It has been estimated, for instance, that Polynesians wiped out about 1,800 species of endemic island birds as they colonised the Pacific over the past two millennia.
  • Vanishing populations - WWF in its 2016 report concluded that "in just the last four decades, the population sizes of monitored mammals, birds, fish, amphibians and reptiles have declined by an average of 58 per cent worldwide."  And as populations of many species collapse, their crucial ecological functions decline with them, potentially creating ripple effects that can alter entire ecosystems.

These ecosystems work at regulating the climate, supplying clean water, limiting floods, running nutrient cycles essential to agriculture and forestry, controlling serious crop pests and carriers of diseases, and providing beauty, spiritual and recreational benefits.  And so they come to the conclusion that

"Humans cannot keep growing in numbers and consuming ever more land, water and natural resources and expect all to be well."

That's what we think too!

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/SeaIce/

NASA's Earth Observatory Findings

Arctic Sea Ice in 1984:

arctic-sea-ice-1984.png

Arctic Sea Ice in 2016:

arctic-sea-ice-2016.png

The extent of Arctic sea ice, the vast sheath of frozen seawater that floats on the Arctic Ocean, has been shrinking steadily. But, NASA scientists report, there is an additional problem: As the ice extent has shrunk, the oldest and thickest ice has either thinned or melted away, leaving the sea ice cap more vulnerable to the warming ocean and atmosphere.

In recent years, that old ice – known as perennial sea ice – has declined rapidly. Perennial sea ice, also known as multi-year ice, is the portion of the sea ice that survives the summer melt season. Perennial ice, which might have a life-span of 9 years or more, is the thickest component of the sea ice. Perennial ice can grow up to 4 meters (13.12 feet) thick, in contrast to ice that grows during a single winter, which is about 2 meters (6.6 feet) thick at most.

Walt Meier is a sea ice researcher at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center. Meier said in a statement:

What we’ve seen over the years is that the older ice is disappearing. This older, thicker ice is like the bulwark of sea ice: a warm summer will melt all the young, thin ice away but it can’t completely get rid of the older ice. That bulwark is not as good as it used to be. The older ice is becoming weaker because there is less of it, and the remaining ice is more broken up and thinner.

http://earthsky.org/earth/decline-of-arctics-thickest-sea-ice

Yikes!Wow eyes.gif  No wonder sea levels are rising so rapidly!

dog.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif