JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2423 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I think it was the third party site used by the branch but the link was gone before I could confirm that.

They are a hosting company used by half the world. JW.ORG uses them extensively for hosting files and downloads although you usually don't notice.

Sent from my SM-T817W using Tapatalk

Very interesting. A brother in my congregation who has a friend that works in the translation department told us the same thing. Just wanted to see what others heard as well. He also mentioned that there's a strong possibility that multiple revisions of the NWT will be released next year. He mentioned Spanish specifically. Maybe at next years convention. Only time will tell. Very exciting times!

I know firsthand the brothers and sisters are working hard on these publications. While preparing other things yet to come as well.

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

7 hours ago, Hope said:

Well... tra-la-la..... We had the song lyrics projected on our screens for the meeting yesterday (the singing was wonderful)!  AND showed the illustrations from the WT study! :D

THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!!!  :superman:

We're using the song lyrics on our flat screen too. Brothers and sisters are apreciating a lot! However, we had information, including a letter from the branch that we are not allowed to show the pictures of the publications on any media device during the meetings. The only exception is during a speech if the speaker want it, of course.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come now powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39

On 11/7/2016 at 8:01 PM, Ivine said:

We're using the song lyrics on our flat screen too. Brothers and sisters are apreciating a lot! However, we had information, including a letter from the branch that we are not allowed to show the pictures of the publications on any media device during the meetings. The only exception is during a speech if the speaker want it, of course.

There is a letter that says public speakers cannot show moving video footage unless they are directed to do so.  It also said that still pictures, graphics or artwork can be displayed.  This applies to all congregation meetings and not just public talks.

Edited by Shawnster

Reworded to comply with policy.

On 10/29/2016 at 5:13 PM, Thesauron said:

Correction:
Song 110 (74) has adjusted lyrics.
Song 113 (39) has adjusted lyrics.
Song 114 (78) has a new title and slightly adjusted lyrics.
Song 115 (35) has slightly adjusted lyrics, including a new chorus.

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

Are you gonna complete your project?     ...   116 - 151

Edited by timpin

I know our congregation won't be getting any of the new songbooks before January.  I check out the songs to be used in January.  There is too many changes to even use the old songbook while we wait.  So, unless we print out the songs for our tablet-less friends - and that would still be a problem for the PT, we might be forced to show the lyrics on the screen.

I know our congregation won't be getting any of the new songbooks before January.  I check out the songs to be used in January.  There is too many changes to even use the old songbook while we wait.  So, unless we print out the songs for our tablet-less friends - and that would still be a problem for the PT, we might be forced to show the lyrics on the screen.

I think the branch was supposed to provide video files for the new songs starting from January. As I understand, every congregation should consider using them...

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

I'm definitely for using them.  The position of the screen is slight problem for some, which is why they don't use unless they have too for the videos.  Its the best we could do.   For those who do like to use the screen for our talks, we ask for the podium to be moved slightly to one side, so its off-centre.  The screen is to the side, but it blocks the speakers view of the first two rows of seats on that side (10 seats).  But this a problem for some, and simply can't work with it like that.  I say, don't use those seats!  *end complaining* :) 

With no songbooks, it will more than just "consider using them".  It will be more of a case of no choice but to use them, regardless of any objections from some.

6 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

There are many more changes to the songs than the lyrics. Without the lead sheets, how will you know the musical changes?  

I hope we get our books in a timely fashion.... tablets til then.  We started using the scrolling lyrics last week but I still want my notes.. :)

Well... tra-la-la..... We had the song lyrics projected on our screens for the meeting yesterday (the singing was wonderful)!  AND showed the illustrations from the WT study!

THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!!!  :superman:

Yes, I also love that feature in our KH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

On Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 7:34 AM, Jonathan77 said:

I'm thinking that our books (for Britain) will have to be printed in America or Japan as per current Bibles first. Then shipped to Germany as all literature comes from there now for us.

On Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 7:34 AM, Jonathan77 said:

I spoke to an elder today and he showed me the letter that was sent in Britain and Ireland. It says that congregations would have their supplies by May 2017.

I guess we'll have no choice but to place lyrics on the screen.

43 minutes ago, juliansan said:

Pictures please :)))

I didn't get one personally so can't show pictures but all I can tell you it has the same color cover as the NWT. If you download a PDF version and the pages look exactly the same.

Edited by mserskine

1 minute ago, mserskine said:

I didn't get one personally so can't show pictures but all I can tell you it has the same color cover as the NWT. If you download a PDF version and the pages look exactly the same.

I wanted to take a look at the silver edging :D