JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2423 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

If all else fails, in January when we start singing from the new songbook, you will HAVE to sing to orchestra music.

Only if you're in an English congregation.

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.
Speaking of piano, will someone PLEASE call, email, text, pony express, send smoke signals to the BoE in my congregation that the orchestral KS have been released over two or three months ago and there is a letter from the GB saying that the new versions should now be used at the meetings! :wall: (We just had our C.O. visiting last week and I thought he would notice and make the recommendation.) But no one has made a move! :bored:

Did you bring up the question with him?

____

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Thank you, I am aware of this recordings. :D I mean the Orchestra Arrangements, which are played at the beginning of our conventions. It was mentioned earlier in this topic, that this recordings would probably be made available soon.

Edited by juliansan

1 hour ago, Jonathan77 said:

I think it will be a while before we see any other SJJ releases, unless they release previously recorded ones.  The brothers and sisters on the Watchtower Orchestra will get together in December, maybe they'll record some new renditions at that time.

But there were a few new renditions at the 2016 RC Music Videos. Maybe they will release them first, like they did before. If a rendition is ready, they could upload them :)

Also the music from the 2015 convention, songs 60 and 97.  The rendition of Song 97, now song 69 only had 2 verses.  The new revised song now only has 2 verses.  The instrumental rendition of song 60 had 3 verses to it though,  and I was half expecting a extra verse in the new songbook.

Also the music from the 2015 convention, songs 60 and 97.  The rendition of Song 97, now song 69 only had 2 verses.  The new revised song now only has 2 verses.  The instrumental rendition of song 60 had 3 verses to it though,  and I was half expecting a extra verse in the new songbook.

The rendition they made of song 60 for the 2015 RC was fantastic and very touching.

____

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

a9271ef375309900bb5ae0b184b75e47.pngSong 102 (42) has a slightly changed melody, and to some extent new lyrics.
Song 103 (123) has not changed.
Song 104 (71) has slightly adjusted lyrics.
Song 105 (3) has not changed.
Song 106 (72) has some adjusted lyrics. Example:

We pray for love that is warm and true,
Revealed in all that we say and do.[/Quote]

____

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Can I just say, I love our songs and can't wait to hold the physical new songbook soon! 

Been gradually comparing the revised songbook with the current one.

Something I have only just noticed, don't know if anyone else has, on jw.org under music, the Sing to Jehovah chorus, now grouped in one list instead of discs has in addition to 135 songs the audio vocals of our new songs.  What I've been waiting for in ages!!

4 hours ago, andyg1914 said:

Can I just sayis I love our songs and can't wait to hold the physical new songbook soon! 

Been gradually comparing the revised songbook with the current one.

Something I have only just noticed, don't know if anyone else has, on jw.org under music, the Sing to Jehovah chorus, now grouped in one list instead of discs has in addition to 135 songs the audio vocals of our new songs.  What I've been waiting for in ages!!

Edit: only 137-154 have been added. Reason Is, these are audio of the music videos and song 136 music video Is still the original 2-verse song. Still waiting for the revised version to be uploaded.  

maybe a silly question but, is there any chance we can get the lossless audio file recordings?

Greets, your brother Ilias Bosman

There's a chance, but you'd have to contact Watchtower.

____
I printed all songs and now I made folders  . So I can play the piano without my tablet but with real paper sheets. 
20161024_155325.jpg
20161024_155316.jpg

Good idea. Well done!

____

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Song 107 (50) has new lyrics to a large extent.
Song 108 (18) has a slightly changed melody and adjusted lyrics.
Song 109 (73) has one verse less and new lyrics.

____

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

18 hours ago, andyg1914 said:

Something I only just noticed, don't know if anyone else has, .... Song 136 is missing from that set!

Song 136 is missing.JPG

Something I only just noticed, don't know if anyone else has, .... Song 136 is missing from that set!

Song 136 is missing.JPG

Yes, the version on JW Broadcasting is missing a verse. It has not been updated yet. "You Gave Your Precious Son" (20) has slightly updated lyrics, but I'm sure that the updated recording will come with the choral recordings for the new songbook.

____

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:05 PM, IliasBosman said:

maybe a silly question but, is there any chance we can get the lossless audio file recordings?

Greets, your brother Ilias Bosman

Its not available.

I did raise the question but no one seems interested in getting the kingdom songs in lossless audio format (FLAC)

Song 110 (74) has not changed.
Song 111 (75) has slightly changed lyrics.
Song 112 (76) has lovely new lyrics.

____

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Song 110 (74) has not changed.
Song 111 (75) has slightly changed lyrics.
Song 112 (76) has lovely new lyrics.

____

Correction:
Song 110 (74) has adjusted lyrics.
Song 113 (39) has adjusted lyrics.
Song 114 (78) has a new title and slightly adjusted lyrics.
Song 115 (35) has slightly adjusted lyrics, including a new chorus.

____

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MM9106 said:

Has any congregation received the printed version of the songbook yet? Any news on the songbook being made available in other languages?

We had our Circuit Pioneer meeting today.  When we stood up to sing our last song, the Circuit Overseer pulled out the new songbook (someone at Bethel must have sent him a copy).  It was the first one that I have seen in person.  Our congregation did not receive any in our literature shipment this week.  They were still marked "pending".  We got the Daily Text book however.

Has any congregation received the printed version of the songbook yet? Any news on the songbook being made available in other languages?

It will be made available in many languages as soon as possible. Translation is under way. But a number of languages are awaiting the release of the revised nwt first. We're told many languages have deadline within a year.

____

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

4 hours ago, Thesauron said:

It will be made available in many languages as soon as possible. Translation is under way. But a number of languages are awaiting the release of the revised nwt first. We're told many languages have deadline within a year.

____

Very interesting. A brother in my congregation who has a friend that works in the translation department told us the same thing. Just wanted to see what others heard as well. He also mentioned that there's a strong possibility that multiple revisions of the NWT will be released next year. He mentioned Spanish specifically. Maybe at next years convention. Only time will tell. Very exciting times!