JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2424 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Anyone know when the official music lyric videos come out? It's getting very close to January so it should be in the next few weeks.

I wonder if you can access them via the Media Section  through the Meetings Tab. That would be good for our congo as we use JW Library Windows for our screen/video system as done by the LDC. 

Either way, we are all so excited and can't wait to sing from the new songbook, joyfully!

I think the font of the lyrics could be bigger. There's no lack of space in the screen...

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come now powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39

21 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

mp4 Videos now ready for download for songs 1-6

https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=sjjm&langwritten=E

click on mp4

Seven more song videos just went up:

7. Jehovah, Our Strength

8. Jehovah Is Our Refuge

9. Jehovah Is Our King!

10. Praise Jehovah Our God!

11. Creation Praises God

12. Great God, Jehovah

13. Christ, Our Model

Kingdom Song Karaoke^_^...How incredibly cool is that!!!COOLHAPPYDANCE.gif

Kingdom Song Karaoke.jpg.gif

Just figured out HOW I'm going to re-learn all the songs I've already got memorized.BATEYES9.GIF

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On Monday, December 05, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Jonathan77 said:

mp4 Videos now ready for download for songs 1-6

https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=sjjm&langwritten=E

click on mp4

They are all there now in low resolution. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

Its only for songs 1-30 now. They are in groups of 30. 1st group is for 240p, 2nd group 360p, then 480p and 720p.

Opps, sorry, I forgot to switch from MP3 to mp4 tab...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

I noticed the audio quality of the MP4 videos are 125kbps while the MP3 audio quality is 256kbps.

Not sure if anyone can hear the difference between 125kbps and 256kbps. I tried but couldn't detect any difference in the sound quality.

MP4 videos uses AAC as the audio codec, not MP3, so a lower bitrate does not necessarily mean a lower quality.  Sound, audio codecs and bitrate are subject to personal opinion.  The only difference I noticed was in volume, not quality.

I'm not sure on this point, but the bitrates differ from file to file, so they might use a Variable bitrate rather than a Constant bitrate of the MP3 files.

Edited by Jonathan77

2 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

MP4 videos uses AAC as the audio codec, not MP3, so a lower bitrate does not necessarily mean a lower quality.  Sound, audio codecs and bitrate are subject to personal opinion.  The only difference I noticed was in volume, not quality.

I'm not sure on this point, but the bitrates differ from file to file, so they might use a Variable bitrate rather than a Constant bitrate of the MP3 files.

Thanks Jonathan. I used the program mediainfo and discovered that the audio stream is as you said. A variable bitrate AAC 125kbps - 175kbps.

21 minutes ago, mserskine said:

Now up to Song 39

I checked about 30 minutes ago and it was still at 30. They must have loaded them right after I looked...:)