JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2423 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

39 minutes ago, juliansan said:

I wanted to take a look at the silver edging :D 

Check out part 2 of the annual meeting. In the opening talk by Brother Lett, there is a short video where you see the songbook being made. Not sure if the silver edges show though.

On 11/7/2016 at 5:01 PM, Ivine said:

We got our new song books today! :)>:D<

Editor is still misbehaving, can't edit out "Ivine said."

Can't start a new response until this one is submitted.

No cancel, no new page.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 minute ago, Old said:

No cancel, no new page.

Yeah, I have days like that too....:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

41 minutes ago, Old said:

Editor is still misbehaving, can't edit out "Ivine said."

Can't start a new response until this one is submitted.

No cancel, no new page.

Did you try that trick I gave you once? Click on the heading of the quote box, and press Del on your keyboard. That will get rid of the box. Any other text in the edit area you can just delete.

3 hours ago, juliansan said:

I wanted to take a look at the silver edging :D 

This pic was already posted somewhere in the forums, but I can't find the post. I could only find the actual picture on my hard drive...

New songbook.jpg

Yeah. Because of the shrink wrap you can't really see the silver edging. I didn't notice either when I saw ours today.

Edited by Sheep

36 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Did you try that trick I gave you once? Click on the heading of the quote box, and press Del on your keyboard. That will get rid of the box. Any other text in the edit area you can just delete.

Tried it didn't work this time, has worked before. Occasionally there will be an icon that deletes. Not there at this time.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Old song 148 (which is a NEW song) title has already changed.

From " You Gave Your Only-Begotten Son" to "You Gave Your Precious Son"
Yes

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/music-songs/sing-out-joyfully/

Think we sang 148 for last time using only begotten two weeks ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Yeah! Now I've got mine, as of yesterday's meeting!

DSCN1734Small.jpg

DSCN1735Small.jpg

(Click on the above images to see the full-sized photos.)

Now, I can't wait to listen to it! :headphones:

Happ Excited WOOHOO.gif

Happy Boogieing Gopher.gif

Happy excited.GIF

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, juliansan said:

Did they use the bible paper? 

Although it's not visible in the photos I took, yes it's on the same type of paper as the Bible, complete with the silver edges.

(I'd tried taking another picture of the edges, but it doesn't show up all that much. :()

DSCN1736Small.jpg

Click on the photo to show the full-sized version, and click on it to zoom in. You may be able to see the silver edges like that.

Edited by Sheep

I have a feeling that getting the new songbook over here in the UK will be like when the revised NWT was released.  Waiting for months.

Our sister congregation tried out the lyrics on the screen for the first time tonight.  Waiting for feedback.  Just because my congregation has decided against it for now, there is no reason they can't take advantage of it.

Has anybody heard any word on when the official videos for the new songbook will be released?  And whether they will be publically available or not?

I'm trying to decide if I should get a new songbook for my Emergency Kit....

What if everyone in the basement are singing the new songs and all I have is the old song book???:eek:

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

13 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

I have a feeling that getting the new songbook over here in the UK will be like when the revised NWT was released.  Waiting for months.

Our sister congregation tried out the lyrics on the screen for the first time tonight.  Waiting for feedback.  Just because my congregation has decided against it for now, there is no reason they can't take advantage of it.

Has anybody heard any word on when the official videos for the new songbook will be released?  And whether they will be publically available or not?

FYI and as I said on another post, the original letter sent to congregations in Britain and Ireland said that we should get our songbooks by May 2017.

We've implemented the lyrics on  screen at our Hall and sister congregation tried it last night. The official videos have not yet been released yet.

The question is what provision will your congregation do for members who don't have electronic devices?