JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 735 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I don't know.  I worked Friday night 12 hrs but it recorded on Direct tv.  That way when I cannot sleep I have something to watch.  i know people deal with stress differently (can't think of a better descriptive term he went through --stress seems so inadequate) but his facial expressions, tears and speech just did not seem to jive.  Still feel odd when I think about it.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

2 hours ago, LeslieDean said:

I don't know.  I worked Friday night 12 hrs but it recorded on Direct tv.  That way when I cannot sleep I have something to watch.  i know people deal with stress differently (can't think of a better descriptive term he went through --stress seems so inadequate) but his facial expressions, tears and speech just did not seem to jive.  Still feel odd when I think about it.

Leslie,

I initially felt the same as you!  I recorded the program on DT as well - and reverse back a couple of times.  And honestly did

feel that his reactions were somewhat exaggerated.  Now they are saying that they were a attention seeking couple - but

why?...it appears that she went through quite a beating!  He pass on the poly test(s) and they sure look extremely happy

through the photos - they do have a zillion happy family shot(s) -  I don't know now! 

Edited by CyreJay

Whew! Wiping sweat from brow.  I just thought it looked and sounded so staged!!  The way he described his son with '''his little hand'  touching the flyer of his mother sickened me.  He just almost seemed to baby talk.  I have heard many others say similiar things now. I hope I did not seem cold hearted or uncaring.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

3 hours ago, LeslieDean said:

Whew! Wiping sweat from brow.  I just thought it looked and sounded so staged!!  The way he described his son with '''his little hand'  touching the flyer of his mother sickened me.  He just almost seemed to baby talk.  I have heard many others say similiar things now. I hope I did not seem cold hearted or uncaring.

With the way things are going, with the slanted news stories, cynicism has parked it's part in my view of just about anything I hear or read. 

• 10 months later...

A year later and they are finally releasing new details of this bizarre case. She was branded on the right shoulder but they haven't said how. They did find male and female DNA on her but still say she was not sexual assaulted. They released the sketches she made of the two alleged female captors.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2016 at 9:58 AM, Tortuga said:

There is  a KH near the location she was found but I had not heard the KH was involved. 

The police have just released some footage from the KH security camera that shows her running. That's it. They say they had the footage last year but just released it today.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Pure speculation based off of comments, not having watched any news but the one linked news clip mentioning how her phone was left there:
Some attention or thrill seekers hire professional kidnappers to abduct and torture them. Who knows, this world is sick and there's a black market for everything. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/extreme-kidnapping-business-paying-experience-abduction-cross-line-18921706

Edited by Myew

1 minute ago, Myew said:

Pure speculation based off of comments, not having watched any news but the one linked news clip mentioning how her phone was left there: Some attention or thrill seekers hire professional kidnappers to abduct and torture them. Who knows, this world is sick and there's a black market for everything. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/extreme-kidnapping-business-paying-experience-abduction-cross-line-18921706

The police have repeatedly said there isn't any reason to think her story is false. 

On 01/12/2016 at 12:47 PM, A fellow servant said:

showing the JW.ORG   on the screen.     Maybe some people will be curious and look it up ......including the police that were investigating.   I'm trying to look at some of the positive on the JW.ORG being flashed across our television screens.  

I was thinking that too :) 

Re: public reaction to K.H. w/ Jw.org appearing on news reports - My guess is that the public, in general, will view the tangential pics as running the gamut from neutral to positive. Why?

*i. Some reports mentioned a Jehovah's Witness Church

*ii. Other reporters  specifically named 'Kingdom Hall.'

*iii. The KIngdom Hall surveillance video appears to have been released to the police promptly last year.

*Iv.  I have heard of no evidence that any of the Brothers (or Sisters) who may have any info (of the video or the events) entertained any early release of data to news sources.   

5. My long distance impression is one of cooperation by our Brothers to assist the Police.  

• 4 years later...

Breaking News:

FBI just announced that she made up the whole story. She was actually with an old boyfriend the whole time and made up the story to cover her affair. 

Wow...

https://krcrtv.com/news/local/sherri-papini-arrested-for-making-false-statements-about-her-kidnapping

Edited by Tortuga

🎶 Whose bed have your boots been under?🎶

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

20 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Breaking News:

FBI just announced that she made up the whole story. She was actually with an old boyfriend the whole time and made up the story to cover her affair. 

Wow...

https://krcrtv.com/news/local/sherri-papini-arrested-for-making-false-statements-about-her-kidnapping

I must be cynical. Her story sounded fake pretty early on.

Edited by Sallyforth

Didn’t include a reply the first time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)