JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How have you enjoyed the CLAM so far?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2697 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I was thinking this today, as the TMS and Service Meeting seems like ancient history already (well, the format anyway). So after 10 months, how have you enjoyed the meeting? Here are some points I'd like to share:

1. I noticed there is more preparation, but who can complain about digger deeper in the Bible?
  2. The colorful Workbook seems to have a positive psychological affect on me. The meeting are more lively to me.
  3. Since the Bible Study is moved to the end, time seems to fly by every week.
  4. I am more prepared for the Ministry that I've ever been.
  5. The videos add variety and stimulates my interests like never before. I don't want to miss a single meeting.

...and I can add more, but want to leave that to posters.

Thoughts?

I love the way it all interlocks with a theme.  It helps to focus on one thought for that week, and month. It is good how the Bible reading for the week sets whatever the theme is.  Then it is not just an "interesting" piece of Bible reading, but a valid application of it.  Like the whole Song of Solomon Bible reading focused on dating and marital relationships, then nicely rounded out to include the video "Love or Infatuation".  That's why the meetings flow so well now.

I too really enjoy the new CL&M workbook format. Studying seems much easier, especially with all of the cited references. 

Most importantly the different types of simple field service sample presentations, on page one. Along with all the color illustrations through out. 

The videos are icing on the cake !  :D

13 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I love the way it all interlocks with a theme.  It helps to focus on one thought for that week, and month. It is good how the Bible reading for the week sets whatever the theme is.  Then it is not just an "interesting" piece of Bible reading, but a valid application of it.  Like the whole Song of Solomon Bible reading focused on dating and marital relationships, then nicely rounded out to include the video "Love or Infatuation".  That's why the meetings flow so well now.

I completely agree.

And the introduction to the books of the bible do a good job of preparing us for the consideration of the book, and for me personally, to look at how Jehovah's personality is shown through.

44 minutes ago, Bob said:

I was thinking this today, as the TMS and Service Meeting seems like ancient history already (well, the format anyway). So after 10 months, how have you enjoyed the meeting? Here are some points I'd like to share:

1. I noticed there is more preparation, but who can complain about digger deeper in the Bible?
  2. The colorful Workbook seems to have a positive psychological affect on me. The meeting are more lively to me.
  3. Since the Bible Study is moved to the end, time seems to fly by every week.
  4. I am more prepared for the Ministry that I've ever been.
  5. The videos add variety and stimulates my interests like never before. I don't want to miss a single meeting.

...and I can add more, but want to leave that to posters.

Thoughts?

During our last assembly, we were told that the CLAM prepares us for Paradise, and the preaching work to the ressurected ones... awesome.

The first part moves really fast.  I do miss having to dig and think  to prepare a talk, I do readings now.  Using a tablet is still foreign to me as I am old, and don't trust it to stay on page if I can even get it to connect.   Even the sound guys have had trouble a couple times getting the videos up.  I like the history of the work in the new study.  I do wish for better announcements, we have missed knowing of funerals and deaths.

Edited by kend

extra thought

4 hours ago, kend said:

The first part moves really fast.  I do miss having to dig and think  to prepare a talk, I do readings now.  Using a tablet is still foreign to me as I am old, and don't trust it to stay on page if I can even get it to connect.   Even the sound guys have had trouble a couple times getting the videos up.  I like the history of the work in the new study.  I do wish for better announcements, we have missed knowing of funerals and deaths.

Usually we shave time off the book study to make room for announcements like funerals or a person in the hospital besides the regular announcements like letters, new  pioneers etc..

The midweek meeting use to be my least favorite (back when we had 3 meetings a week) I loved the Public talk/WT, then the '(book)' Bible Study then the Theocratic meeting.  Now it has moved in to first place!  It is my favorite to study for!  The meeting seems so much more intimate to me!  Seems tailor made specifically for MY needs!  The feeling that I have when I prepare for it is so intense.  Close to Jehovah.  Seems like  I really feel me drawing me and preparing me for what is to shortly take place.  When I drive there at night, a 15 minute drive in the dark, rural area with no street lighting, I have the strange feeling that I am on a ' mission'  that I never know if I will be able to repeat again.  Each time in service I wonder how many more times I will be able to do this 'freely and in the open' before we have to be taught other ways to go about it.  The extremely shortened and to the point presentation seems to add to this feeling.  My appreciation for the meetings and fear of not being able to do this openly is both frightening and exciting.  I want to prepare in the best way possible.

when first learning the truth, I was always drawn to the personal accounts of our brothers and sisters who endured through the Nazi regime and times of the work being under ban.  I would read in amazement their stories and my heart would burst with pride for how they co ducted theirselves. I want to be like them!

it appears I'm going to get that chance.  I don't want to let my brothers and sisters and Jehovah down.

i have started rereading Facing the Lion.  A courageous story of championing the truth.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

The midweek meeting use to be my least favorite (back when we had 3 meetings a week) I loved the Public talk/WT, then the '(book)' Bible Study then the Theocratic meeting.  Now it has moved in to first place!  It is my favorite to study for!  The meeting seems so much more intimate to me!  Seems tailor made specifically for MY needs!  The feeling that I have when I prepare for it is so intense.  Close to Jehovah.  Seems like  I really feel me drawing me and preparing me for what is to shortly take place.  When I drive there at night, a 15 minute drive in the dark, rural area with no street lighting, I have the strange feeling that I am on a ' mission'  that I never know if I will be able to repeat again.  Each time in service I wonder how many more times I will be able to do this 'freely and in the open' before we have to be taught other ways to go about it.  The extremely shortened and to the point presentation seems to add to this feeling.  My appreciation for the meetings and fear of not being able to do this openly is both frightening and exciting.  I want to prepare in the best way possible.

when first learning the truth, I was always drawn to the personal accounts of our brothers and sisters who endured through the Nazi regime and times of the work being under ban.  I would read in amazement their stories and my heart would burst with pride for how they co ducted theirselves. I want to be like them!

it appears I'm going to get that chance.  I don't want to let my brothers and sisters and Jehovah down.

i have started rereading Facing the Lion.  A courageous story of championing the truth.

Who wrote the book you mentioned....Facing the Lion?.... Sounds like an interesting read.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Simone Arnold Liebster... wrote it .. 

it is available at commercial book sellers

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.