JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

100 million pieces of space junk in orbit

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2662 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

There is estimated to be more than 100 million pieces of space junk in orbit, including discarded equipment from old satellites, tools and bits of rocket.

https://www.rt.com/news/369846-space-junk-collector-japan/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS

_84676492_s8000040-space_debris,_artwork-spl.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

11 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

There is estimated to be more than 100 million pieces of space junk in orbit, including discarded equipment from old satellites, tools and bits of rocket.

https://www.rt.com/news/369846-space-junk-collector-japan/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS

_84676492_s8000040-space_debris,_artwork-spl.jpg

We might need to go up there one day after the Armageddon and hoover the space junk. :D

So....

What happens to the satellites after Armageddon?

Does Jesus/Jehovah destroy them?

Do we go up and get them?

Do we just leave them there until they fail and burn up?

Do we use them? 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

So....

Do we use them? 

Tortuge,

I doubt we can know in this system all the answers. Perhaps we all have our own ideas or suggestions about it. I would say that with Jehovah's support we would clean them as we (men/humankind) put that junk in there. :) 

3 minutes ago, carlos said:

An angel will go around the earth with a magnet and catch them all. :lol:

That's what I figured.

I wonder how many angels are in LDC?

:lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 12/10/2016 at 9:51 AM, Tortuga said:

So....

Do we use them? 

Unless they get under control right away  they will all orbital decay and burn up or crash to earth. 

Personally I think Jehovah will have them all destroyed at Armageddon 

2 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Unless they get under control right away  they will all orbital decay and burn up or crash to earth. 

Personally I think Jehovah will have them all destroyed at Armageddon 

I hope he leaves the GPS satellites, they could be handy...

19 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I hope he leaves the GPS satellites, they could be handy...

And the weather satellites, it's always nice to know what weather we will have tomorrow.

And we will need satellites to connect via internet with the brothers in more isolated areas.

Edited by carlos

25 minutes ago, carlos said:

And the weather satellites, it's always nice to know what weather we will have tomorrow.

And we will need satellites to connect via internet with the brothers in more isolated areas.

Exactly. The Google Earth cameras would be nice too, we could watch the earth being restored...

I muse here and there about how much technology will stay.  If it causes harm then it won't stay.  If its considered an idol and a distraction from Gods creation and life then it will be gone.  Christ could of started all kinds of academic studies and "science" and technology movements but he only stuck to what the father gave him to teach.

will be interesting.

In the present form the buzz seems to be that there are a lot of health issues with the way technology is being used;  so there will definitely be adjustments.

We will have our own space service. Theocratical Space Service (TSS). Today a lot of nations have their own satellites for the same using. For example GPS, Glonass etc. That time it will not necessary to have so many satellites. And furthermore we will have brilliant perfect minds that they will enjoy to offer their time as Albert Ainstain (I hope so) 

7 minutes ago, ouzo said:

We will have our own space service. Theocratical Space Service (TSS). Today a lot of nations have their own satellites for the same using. For example GPS, Glonass etc. That time it will not necessary to have so many satellites. And furthermore we will have brilliant perfect minds that they will enjoy to offer their time as Albert Ainstain (I hope so) 

We could ask an angel to put the satellite in orbit...

2 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I'm sure he will deny. This is our business. Maybe they will give us a hand by carrying items to build a lunar base

It makes you wonder how closely Adam would have worked with individual angels. Perhaps Jehovah intended for the angels to be friends with mankind and not just observers.