JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2017 regional convention theme

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2393 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Brother Matt, welcome to the forum. May I give you a virtual hug. ((((((((((Welcome)))))))))).

Every convention has a distinguishing characteristic. That is what makes them exciting; you're going to find out after you attend. Don't fall into the trap of taking all the conventions to be the same and think that if you've attended last year's there's no big deal this year's. There is. Have you noticed how the symposiums are tailored and different along with the convention videos? Just to mention two.

Anyway, I believe you'll enjoy the virtual association with the international brotherhood this forum provides. I look forward to enjoying more and more of your posts.

((((((((((Welcome))))))))))

For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:6).

I just had my Circuit Assembly, and I tell ya.. What a shot in the arm! Jehovah ALWAYS knows just what we need, and he's sooo generous!

So we can only imagine what this year's Regional is going to be, especially with a theme like "DON'T GIVE UP." 

Even though we don't have any idea which convention will be the last one, in spite of our ongoing speculations, one thing is for sure: It's obvious Jehovah is preparing us for something, something that's going to happen real soon!

And we know what that "something" is. 

Edited by Luezette

Text of the 2017 regional convention invitation (roughly translated):

Front page:

Invitation:

Convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses—2017

Inside page:

THE THREE-DAY PROGRAM WILL INCLUDE:

Talks and interviews. These will show how God has supplied endurance to all kinds of people, past and present (Romans 15:5).

Multimedia. Lessons will be presented that the Bible and creation give us about endurance.

Movie. Each afternoon, you can follow the story of a family who is able to understand why Jesus said: “Remember the wife of Lot” (Luke 17:32).

THEME OF THE CONVENTION:

DON’T GIVE UP!

What good reasons do we have not to give up hope? Discover the Bible’s answer in the public discourse to be presented on Sunday morning, entitled

“Never Give Up Hope.”

FREE ENTRY

NO COLLECTIONS TAKEN

Back page:

DON'T GIVE UP!

CONVENTION OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES

Dates and location:

On jw.org you will find the program and schedule, as well as an explanatory video about our conventions.

To find out where the nearest convention will be held, scan the code or go to jw.org. (Click on the section ABOUT US > ANNUAL CONVENTIONS)

© 2017 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania

Edited by jscotchie

17 minutes ago, jscotchie said:

Text of the 2017 regional convention invitation (roughly translated):

Front page:

Invitation:

Convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses—2017

Inside page:

THE THREE-DAY PROGRAM WILL INCLUDE:

Talks and interviews. These will show how God has supplied endurance to all kinds of people, past and present (Romans 15:5).

Multimedia. Lessons will be presented that the Bible and creation give us about endurance.

Movie. Each afternoon, you can follow the story of a family who is able to understand why Jesus said: “Remember the wife of Lot” (Luke 17:32).

THEME OF THE CONVENTION:

DON’T GIVE UP!

What good reasons do we have not to give up hope? Discover the Bible’s answer in the public discourse to be presented on Sunday morning, entitled

“Never Give Up Hope.”

FREE ENTRY

NO COLLECTIONS TAKEN

Back page:

DON'T GIVE UP!

CONVENTION OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES

Dates and location:

On jw.org you will find the program and schedule, as well as an explanatory video about our conventions.

To find out where the nearest convention will be held, scan the code or go to jw.org. (Click on the section ABOUT US > ANNUAL CONVENTIONS)

© 2017 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania

Are not we going to have a Bible movie this year?

From what I've noticed it will be a modern movie showing only excerpts from Lot's story.

Just now, Araujo JW said:

Are not we going to have a Bible movie this year?

From what I've noticed it will be a modern movie showing only excerpts from Lot's story.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I get the impression that, as you say, this three-part movie will have both modern and Biblical scenes

4 hours ago, jscotchie said:

I wonder if the Biblical scenes will give 'the wife of Lot' a fictitious name...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Movie. Each afternoon, you can follow the story of a family who is able to understand why Jesus said: “Remember the wife of Lot” (Luke 17:32 )

...........maybe going into the time of the great Tribulation, where we have to leave our home/possessions behind?

definitely another g.T.  Series.....I think....

Edited by Samira

5 hours ago, Samira said:

last convention in the gr.T. Series ....it was about our faith, loyalty

this time looks like it is about our hope.....we leave everything behind 

but the future is bright......

You can almost smell the flowers of paradise...

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, And_Ray said:

Wow!

Some very interesting talks...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

SYMPOSIUM: Learn Endurance From Creation - More videos highlighting creation?  Hope so.

SYMPOSIUM: Enduring Despite . . .

SYMPOSIUM: How Jehovah “Supplies Endurance and Comfort” to . . .

These sound like they will bring much needed spiritual comfort for the brotherhood.

Jehovah—The Greatest Example of Endurance

Interesting one.  We don't normally think of Jehovah as having to endure.

Edited by Jonathan77

In previous you could usually figure out which talk would have a release, some times the title of the talk wouldn't fit the theme of the convention. :)

I don't see any out of place talks in this program...