JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2017 regional convention theme

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2415 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

15 hours ago, jwhess said:

I noticed that the 2017 convention lists are up on JW.Org and you can see the cities and dates for each.  There are listings for 58 countries (I may have miscounted ) BUT there is no Canada. Strange.

By the way, the page headings still show the 2016 pictures and theme but when you request the dates for this year it shows them all.

No Australia yet, either, so some have probably not had their letter yet for whatever reason. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Not in every country the branch will release the dates by letter. In the Netherlands for many years in the last talk of the convention, the dates for the next conventions were released.

Because we now have a new assembly hall and all our conventions will be held there, the branch did provide a letter. But I think we received it in September allready, so no excitement here anymore about the dates

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

Which circuit a NJ or NY?

I noticed two for that month in English. Ours is the first and we are from NJ. But sometimes they mix NY and NYC boroughs as well. We have to get to know the friends especially in these times and when that time comes that we all need to help each other out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I noticed two for that month in English. Ours is the first and we are from NJ. But sometimes they mix NY and NYC boroughs as well. We have to get to know the friends especially in these times and when that time comes that we all need to help each other out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's your circuit #?

3 hours ago, Cheeks said:

What?! Where? I was just on the site earlier today and didn't see anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to JW.Org and scroll to the bottom of the page.  select "conventions" at the bottom (it shows as 2016, but that is OK).  Choose the orange box to pick your choice.  Mine opens with USA selected but click on the arrow and choose Canada.

14 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

Not in every country the branch will release the dates by letter. In the Netherlands for many years in the last talk of the convention, the dates for the next conventions were released.

Because we now have a new assembly hall and all our conventions will be held there, the branch did provide a letter. But I think we received it in September allready, so no excitement here anymore about the datesemoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji28.png

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

We used to get our dates announced at the convention, too, but some of us also have our RC's at  assembly halls now.  If all in Australia haven't yet been told their date, it probably won't be on the site till they have.  I think Lucy said something about Monday 9th, further up the page?  :D

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

9 hours ago, Samira said:

Conventions dates for Canada now online!

We usually have two English conventions in Montreal, but there's only one mentioned. There's no way we can fit both our usual conventions in our Assembly Hall. (Montreal's convention is the same date as the Toronto Special Convention, which probably means we're tied in to some talks there. Come to think of it, most of Canada's conventions are the same date!)

Our meeting got cancelled this week because of bad weather, so I'm going to have to prod one of the elders at tomorrow's service group for some more info.

Wasn't there some mention about the Assembly Halls being used more in the January Broadcast? I've always thought that the Assembly Halls could be for the RC too. With the dangers of large gatherings it may be reasonable.

My Convention is May 26-28, works great for me because of the holiday on  Monday when I can work.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 5 weeks later...

We're running the race for life!  Yes, I can see it in my mind's eye...

STARTING in "Lane 8". (Initially hearing and accepting the Truth.)
WARM-UP EXERCISES. (My dedication to Jehovah in heartfelt prayer.)
SOUND OF THE CALL: On your mark! Get set...Go!! (Excitement of my baptism.)
1st and 2nd hurdle: CLEARED. (Reveling in the initial "Joy of Jehovah" and zeal for the ministry.
3rd hurdle:  CLIPPED; but continuing the run. (Under surveillance by Jehovah's arch enemy. )
4th hurdle: STUMBLED. (I somehow balance myself to remain on my feet. But I strangely hear the faint sound of a "roaring lion".)
5th hurdle: LAGGING. (Losing energy; suddenly feeling "weighed down".)
6th hurdle: OBSTACLE UNSEEN/FOCUS & CONCENTRATION BROKEN. A HARD FALL!! (Sickness, pain and ongoing trials.)
7th hurdle: CANNOT CONTINUE! (Struggling; limping...each step is excruciating.)  ABJECT PAIN. (I call out to the Heavens above: "Father!..Please help me!)  Jehovah God, I see the finished line, but I don't know if I can endure. Please give me strength, hope and confidence."  It's on you I will rely!  Yet, I still...

ENDURE and KEEP MY EYES ON THE PRIZE that is ahead!

7th hurdle: HELP & RELIEF. My loving Father sends me a "Helper" who directly places before me "3 Peas and 2 M&M's" (prayer, personal study, preparation, meeting attendence and ministry.)   I began to "feast" and gain strength. 

I'm still somewhere around the 7th hurdle. And instead of running I do have a bit of a limp.  But as Brother Flodin said here in this video clip:

Even if we have to limp across the finish line; you too can enter into eternal kingdom blessings.

Don't give up!

Edited by Omo_Yeme