JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2017 regional convention theme

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2393 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

July 7,8,9 at Wolstein ctr in Cleveland! YAY. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, Tbs77 said:

Booking rooms was crazy this morning....1) No websites for all locations after logging on .. 2) busy signals when calling hotels 3) JW rates rooms were gone for some of the nights...

It certainly was crazy, wasn't it!!!Panic Attack.gif

I don't want to have to experience THAT again anytime soon.:wacko:

I was stressed out and I was following directions TO THE LETTER--literally.:D

Next year, I think I'll try calling the following day...come what may.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Booking rooms was crazy this morning....1) No websites for all locations after logging on .. 2) busy signals when calling hotels 3) JW rates rooms were gone for some of the nights...

Once you get into jwconv.org, there should be individual websites for some hotels. When I went to book my room through the jwconv.org site, there were no more rooms in the block. So because I am a rewards member, I called the hotel directly, and guess what, I was able to get a room five minutes from the Convention.

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

United States conventions dates and places are up on JW.org.

https://apps.jw.org/E_SEARCHCONV

Here on the island are 8 dates, one of them in the same Convention Center that held the 2016 Special Convention.

Edited by richietj77

Link corrected.

Just now, richietj77 said:

https://www.jw.org/apps/E_FRNsPnPBrt

Here on the island are 8 dates, one of them in the same Convention Center that held the 2016 Special Convention.

YAY! :bringiton:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

8 minutes ago, richietj77 said:

https://apps.jw.org/E_SEARCHCONV

I'm waiting for Canada (obviously). It wasn't announced at our meeting last week.

On 12/31/2016 at 7:48 AM, Sheep said:

Maybe "Huwag kang sumuko!" (Did I say that right?) Or, how about "Huwag magbigay ng up!"? (Ko lang magsalita ng ilang mga salita ng Tagalog, ngunit hindi ko maaaring ilagay ang mga salita na magkasama kanan.)

I heard you will have your conventions in the Philippines the same time as the US now. You won't have to wait until November anymore! :ecstatic:

yup, that's right. one of the happiest moment when it was announced.

On 1/2/2017 at 10:37 PM, walkr2 said:

Once you get into jwconv.org, there should be individual websites for some hotels. When I went to book my room through the jwconv.org site, there were no more rooms in the block. So because I am a rewards member, I called the hotel directly, and guess what, I was able to get a room five minutes from the Convention.

If I can't get into the hotel I want, I just call everyday until  I do, that method has never failed me.  The hotel I wanted to get into this year was booked the day it went online at jwconv.org (Jan.2).  I called Jan.3 (still booked) and then Jan. 4 - bingo - got a room!  Never fails.  People are always cancelling and changing reservations.  So rather than take a room off the list - continue to try to get a room the organization has provided for us at their rates if possible.  (keep the room you have till you get a room off the list).

Our R.C. is last on the list this year again - Sept. 8-10th (sigh!) At least we have more than 10 days between our RC and CA this year though - that will be nice.  This year we have 4 weeks between the RC and CA.

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

On 1/3/2017 at 0:14 PM, Sheep said:

I'm waiting for Canada (obviously). It wasn't announced at our meeting last week.

21 hours ago, Cheeks said:

It always is the first week in January when its announced here in Canada emoji4.png

It's usually that way. In our congregation, however, it wasn't. I understood there to be a letter about our convention this week. But...

...our meeting was cancelled last night because of freezing rain! :angry_cursing:

16 hours ago, Cheeks said:

Toronto for me but I won't reveal dates so as to spoil surprise. emoji6.pngSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed that the 2017 convention lists are up on JW.Org and you can see the cities and dates for each.  There are listings for 58 countries (I may have miscounted ) BUT there is no Canada. Strange.

By the way, the page headings still show the 2016 pictures and theme but when you request the dates for this year it shows them all.

29 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I noticed that the 2017 convention lists are up on JW.Org and you can see the cities and dates for each.  There are listings for 58 countries (I may have miscounted ) BUT there is no Canada. Strange.

I noticed that as well. Maybe because not everyone has had their midweek meeting yet this week?