JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

What new publication are there? 

Watchtower study edition and Meeting Workbook for January 2023. New versions of Draw Close to Jehovah and Bearing Thorough Witness. So far. We'll let you know if we find any more.

I'm not sure why there hasn't been an update to the Research Guide since 2019.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sometimes I wonder what the point of WT library is when we have JW library  and WT online library. Actually with JW library, what's the use of WT library and WT online library? Same thing, different names. Been waiting for the merger for years now. All we really need is JW library and the official website. 

15 minutes ago, truce said:

Sometimes I wonder what the point of WT library is when we have JW library  and WT online library. Actually with JW library, what's the use of WT library and WT online library? Same thing, different names. Been waiting for the merger for years now. All we really need is JW library and the official website. 

One of the biggest differences is the WTL index (a vast resource).

Of the three, WTL has one of the best search features - this is one of the reasons many of us continue to use WTL at home on our PC's.

I'm sure many of us have been looking forward to the merger of the three - but, from a software standpoint, it is not as easy to do as it may sound.

Additionally, WOL needs an active Internet connection and JWL needs to download all the publications manually - WTL has all the printed publications and does not need to be online to use them.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 10/5/2023 at 9:23 AM, truce said:

IMO, JW Library just doesn't measure up to Watchtower Library or  WOL! I have used the search feature in WTLib many times, and always found exactly what I was looking for. It's much more precise too. I'm lost when I try to look for something in JW Library.

I think the biggest drawback with JW Library is what @Qapla mentioned above: You need to have the publications downloaded in order to use it. When you want to refer to something when you're not in a Wifi zone, you're up the creek without an Internet paddle!

WT Library and JW Library are hardly the same thing with different names. Personally, I don't get a lot of use out of JW Library. It's only when I'm at the meetings that I use it on my tablet, and I don't even have it on my phone. But at home doing serious research it's WT Library all the way! (It's too bad, though, that WT Library was only made for Windows computers. It won't run on a phone or a tablet.)

Edited by Sheep