JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

STAND FIRM  & FAITHFUL UNDER TRIALS

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2651 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

STAND FIRM  & FAITHFUL UNDER TRIALS - we cannot find these videos on JWBroadcasting!? 

I wanted to watch with a bible student the video JW'S STAND FIRM AGAINST NAZI ASSAULT, searched for it on broadcasting and ... nothing - I had to look for my old DVD. This part of our history is something special for me - and for all of us, I think.

How is it possible that we do not have anymore an official documentary for these great parts of our modern history? Will they be revised?

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

Maybe it's making things difficult for our brothers and sisters ... they will have a good reason ... let's just wait and see. Hiya Adelin!

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 hours ago, Adelin said:

STAND FIRM  & FAITHFUL UNDER TRIALS - we cannot find these videos on JWBroadcasting!? 

I wanted to watch with a bible student the video JW'S STAND FIRM AGAINST NAZI ASSAULT, searched for it on broadcasting and ... nothing - I had to look for my old DVD. This part of our history is something special for me - and for all of us, I think.

How is it possible that we do not have anymore an official documentary for these great parts of our modern history? Will they be revised?

Did you check for the video in your Kingdom Hall library?  We try to keep a copy of most of the DVD/VHS videos available.

7 hours ago, jwhess said:

Did you check for the video in your Kingdom Hall library?  We try to keep a copy of most of the DVD/VHS videos available.

I have one at home (not a good quality, but it works). 

I just wanted to say we should have a documentary for each of these situations, shouldn't we?

The bible series dvd are not available either.  Well one is in ASL, nothing else.  The Wonders of Creation video has puzzled me as to why its not for download.  A HD one would be nice.  I have made my own mp4 of the videos not yet on jw.org.  English only.  If you like I can send a link.  PM me.

On ‎10‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 1:07 AM, jwhess said:

DVDs are special-request items and are not allowed to keep in stock. And there is a order to dispose VHS (S-60).

3 hours ago, SteEis said:

DVDs are special-request items and are not allowed to keep in stock. And there is a order to dispose VHS (S-60).

Some Kingdom Halls keep a copy of the DVDs in their congregation library along with the other books.  We were wondering if this was the case in Adelin's  Kingdom Hall.

4 hours ago, SteEis said:

This is true of literature stock for distribution by the congregation.  But the Kingdom Hall library does not normally destroy material when it becomes out-dated, since it is for reference or research..

9 hours ago, SteEis said:

what is VHS?

14 minutes ago, Adelin said:

what is VHS?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VHS

The Video Home System[1][2] (VHS)[3] is a standard for consumer-level analogvideo recording on tape cassettes. Developed by Victor Company of Japan(JVC) in the early 1970s, it was released in Japan in late 1976 and in the USA in early 1977.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif