JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1395 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The final decision was probably made months ago, already.

But I hope it takes AT LEAST a few more minutes to announce it, this time.

Last time, the 'final decision' took about the same time to make as their  'coffee break'.Sigh.gif.6aa7ed22817f3ddfaa9347493b4bfc14.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Our Russian brothers and sisters seem to be in better spirits than me.

I broke down and bawled when I saw them there in the courtroom, patiently

awaiting their "temporary" fate.596cdd57d87ce_Yessad.gif.99f8f34bd4ded722e08ee0f7634a9167.gif

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

The rejection of hearing any of our petitions can be seen in one of two ways:  (1) They have reviewed all the documents we provided for the last court and know that the law was misapplied and plan to rule in our favor anyways or (2) they are carrying out the same Kangaroo court proceedings as the last court and so don't need to address any of our petitions for that reason.

As to why they finally allowed the viewing of the video'(s) showing the police planting evidence, that is a puzzler - perhaps just a show to appear to be  fair again.   

From what I've read so far, the MOJ still has no evidence to present and we have tons of it to prove we are not extremist.  

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

If they uphold this law against us, it could definitely spell doom for every other religion as well - all it takes is a disgruntled individual to call them to task and take it to court - getting them shut down the same way they tried to shut us down there.  I can only imagine how much properties and money the Russian Orthodox Church is holding!

Reminder to self:

Poking Jehovah's people is like poking Jehovah in the eye.

One reacts quickly, when one is poked in the eye. 596cde3420f09_Yesserious.gif.c65e77c75492ff4d5785eb90d5921e3b.gif

In the meantime...

giphy.gif

If Jehovah doesn't intervene, there is a good reason that involves the doing of his will further in that country - he will do what is best to save the most lives.  We may not understand now, but like history has shown (exiled to Siberia), he has always gave his people what they needed to endure, in any circumstance for the salvation of the greater number of people.

9 minutes ago, shali said:

If they uphold this law against us, it could definitely spell doom for every other religion as well - all it takes is a disgruntled individual to call them to task and take it to court - getting them shut down the same way they tried to shut us down there.  I can only imagine how much properties and money the Russian Orthodox Church is holding!

I was thinking the same thing. Most times it seems to come down to money, which could represent power. And it appears that the ROC is hungry for both.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/russians-protest-against-the-greed-of-putins-favorite-church

This was posted earlier and I found it to be a really good read. I thought Putin wasn't all that closely connected with the ROC but I guess I was wrong, well up until it became time for the election campaign to begin. Then it's no longer convenient for him to align himself too closely with them especially if they're doing something, perceptively,  a little bit shady.

There's so much going on it's almost hard to keep up. Just when you think you have it kinda figured out you're a little off the mark :huh:

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

It's in Jehovah's hands now. We have to remember that even if the decision is not in our favor, things are being maneuvered from heaven.  Although he never gives us more than we can bear, this persecution, that even we will soon face, is a part of our training. Difficult times  may seem endless, as it probably felt with Job. But the fruitage of patience builds faith, tribulation builds courage. I pray for our Russian brothers, that they find the power beyond what is normal to be brave during this difficult time.

This is one of my favorite scriptures for this reason: 

1 Peter 5:9, 10 - But take your stand against him,+ firm in the faith, knowing that the same kind of sufferings are being experienced by the entire association of your brothers* in the world.+ 10 But after you have suffered a little while, the God of all undeserved kindness, who called you to his everlasting glory+ in union with Christ, will himself finish your training. He will make you firm,+ he will make you strong,+ he will firmly ground you.

Edited by lovejoypeace

Just a side note - the fact that there is now a "breaking news" box that shows up on the home page of JW.org when there is breaking news in regards to our organization really drives home how deep into the last days we are and just how close we are to the outbreak of the GT.