JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1395 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It truly was clear and logical. AND like the men of old, our brother warned them of the consequences, they will have to face Jehovah for whatever they do. They've been warned.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Just now, Skye said:

Didn't understand a word of Br. Yaroslav Sivulskiy's press statement, but I think the next step would be the ECHR - a much greater audience!!!

It very well could be that that is exactly what Jehovah wants.  If the ECHR decides to hear this case, it could get blown wide open and they may be able to trace where this witch hunt originated from - exposing the ROC.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

We recently had a good reminder about how long these thing may take..

*** kr chap. 15 pp. 158-159 pars. 7-8 Fighting for Freedom to Worship ***
Russia. Jehovah’s Witnesses spent decades under Communist ban but were finally registered in 1991. After the breakup of the former Soviet Union, we were granted legal recognition in the Russian Federation in 1992. Before long, however, some opposers—particularly those associated with the Russian Orthodox Church—were unnerved by the rapid growth in our numbers. Opposers filed a series of five criminal complaints against Jehovah’s Witnesses between 1995 and 1998. Each time, the prosecutor found no evidence of wrongdoing. The determined opposers then filed a civil complaint in 1998. The Witnesses prevailed at first, but the opposers rejected the verdict and the Witnesses lost on the appeal in May 2001. A retrial began in October of that year, leading to a decision in 2004 to liquidate the registered legal entity that the Witnesses use in Moscow and ban its activities.
8 A wave of persecution followed. (Read 2 Timothy 3:12.) Witnesses faced harassment and assault. Religious literature was confiscated; renting or building houses of worship was severely restricted. Imagine how our brothers and sisters felt as they faced those hardships! The Witnesses had applied to the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) in 2001, and they submitted additional information to the Court in 2004. In 2010, the ECHR reached its decision. The Court saw clearly that religious intolerance was behind Russia’s ban on the Witnesses and ruled that there was no reason to uphold the decisions of the lower courts, since there had been no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of any Witnesses. The Court further noted that the ban was designed to strip the Witnesses of their legal rights. The Court’s decision upheld the Witnesses’ right of freedom of religion. Although various Russian authorities have failed to comply with the ECHR ruling, God’s people in that land have drawn great courage from such victories.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, shali said:

I feel the violence against our brothers and other unlawful actions will escalate now, people will become emboldened now that the decision to label us as extremist has been reaffirmed. They need our prayers more now than ever!  

Trust In Jehovah!! Brothers and Sisters

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

Russia. Jehovah’s Witnesses spent decades under Communist ban but were finally registered in 1991. After the breakup of the former Soviet Union, we were granted legal recognition in the Russian Federation in 1992. Before long, however, some opposers—particularly those associated with the Russian Orthodox Church—were unnerved by the rapid growth in our numbers. Opposers filed a series of five criminal complaints against Jehovah’s Witnesses between 1995 and 1998. Each time, the prosecutor found no evidence of wrongdoing. The determined opposers then filed a civil complaint in 1998. The Witnesses prevailed at first, but the opposers rejected the verdict and the Witnesses lost on the appeal in May 2001. A retrial began in October of that year, leading to a decision in 2004 to liquidate the registered legal entity that the Witnesses use in Moscow and ban its activities.
8 A wave of persecution followed. (Read 2 Timothy 3:12.) Witnesses faced harassment and assault. Religious literature was confiscated; renting or building houses of worship was severely restricted. Imagine how our brothers and sisters felt as they faced those hardships! The Witnesses had applied to the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) in 2001, and they submitted additional information to the Court in 2004. In 2010, the ECHR reached its decision. The Court saw clearly that religious intolerance was behind Russia’s ban on the Witnesses and ruled that there was no reason to uphold the decisions of the lower courts, since there had been no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of any Witnesses. The Court further noted that the ban was designed to strip the Witnesses of their legal rights. The Court’s decision upheld the Witnesses’ right of freedom of religion. Although various Russian authorities have failed to comply with the ECHR ruling, God’s people in that land have drawn great courage from such victories.

Exactly the one I was thinking about.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

The problem with the ECHR is that while they decide mostly in our favor, they can't enforce their decisions.  Russia will still just go on doing as it pleases no matter what decision the ECHR makes (if it goes that far).  Russia has a "it's my way or the highway" mentality about EVERYTHING.

5 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Good point.

And depending on His timetable, it could be overturned next year. We just have to have faith, and trust that Jehovah has a better view if it than we do.

Now is the time for us to act, to put our priorities in place. We are too close to the end!  Soon we will experiencing the same as our Russian family. We must pray for them and build our faith, they don't know who they're fooling with, only the sovereign Lord Jehovah! We are witnessing the first in a chain of events, history being made. Pray for our brothers everywhere, we are all in this together!

The demon princes over that part of the world really like to use outright persecution against Jehovah's people whereas in my part of the world, the demon princes are more covert - using mostly "desires of the flesh" to erode and destroy us spiritually.  Either  the demons over Russia are stupid (because they never seem to realize that outright persecution brings us closer to Jehovah and tends to spread the truth instead of stop it) or they are just plain lazy - never changing their tactics against us there.  I suspect both.

Edited by shali

3 minutes ago, shali said:

The problem with the ECHR is that while they decide mostly in our favor, they can't enforce their decisions.  Russia will still just go on doing as it pleases no matter what decision the ECHR makes (if it goes that far).  Russia has a "it's my way or the highway" mentality about EVERYTHING.

MH and I were 'discussing' this last night. He kept arguing that there is the law and then there's how the law will be interpreted by the powers that be. I'm so stuck on 'fair' that it felt like he was telling me it didn't matter what the law was, just that they want their own way. And so it seems it's true.

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

And depending on His timetable, it could be overturned next year. We just have to have faith, and trust that Jehovah has a better view if it than we do.

Very true.  Jehovah is the greatest Timekeeper - whatever he purposes is never late or early! Our expectations may seem delayed.....but NOT Jehovah's purpose!

9 minutes ago, lovejoypeace said:

Now is the time for us to act, to put our priorities in place. We are too close to the end!  Soon we will experiencing the same as our Russian family. We must pray for them and build our faith, they don't know who they're fooling with, only the sovereign Lord Jehovah! We are witnessing the first in a chain of events, history being made. Pray for our brothers everywhere, we are all in this together!

596ceb389801b_Musiccolorfulnotes.gif.bb5eeacb11de535a3f6da423af3d9ce3.gif

Give me your hand,

We’re in the same fight.

You give me strength,

To carry on towards eternal life.

We are sisters, we are brothers, sons and daughters and more.

And I love you even though I’ve never met you before. Yeah…

We are sisters, we are brothers, sons and daughters and more.

And I love you even though I’ve never met you before.

And I love you even though I’ve never met you before.

596ceb389801b_Musiccolorfulnotes.gif.bb5eeacb11de535a3f6da423af3d9ce3.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

8 minutes ago, Skye said:

Very true.  Jehovah is the greatest Timekeeper - whatever he purposes is never late or early! Our expectations may seem delayed.....but NOT Jehovah's purpose!

Jehovah is still going to solve all these issues in his own way ... in style!

2 Kings 6:16: "Do not be afraid! For there are more who are with us than those who are with them.”

Edited by Araujo JW

The Russian Constitutional Court has stated in a decision dated 14 July 2015, that Russia may not enforce decisions under European Convention on Human Rights (the Convention) if they contradict the country’s Constitution.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”