JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1395 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

1 hour ago, Tbs77 said:

Both of the above articles mention the name of Yaroslav Sivulskiy (with variations in spelling), who is described as "a member [or representative] of the European Association of Jehovah’s Christian Witnesses." I believe that's him in these photos (from jw-russia.org).

59712876005b6_YaroslavSivulskiy1.thumb.jpg.faea224ae9a54feb874474784b4f499f.jpg5971287f68d9d_YaroslavSivulskiy2.thumb.jpg.85b577ff56213a3069a27a4b2e933b48.jpg

Wasn't that his father who was featured in the August 2017 Watchtower? (See his sons in the last photo.)

Jehovah is getting his name glorified and name known throughout the world because of what Russia has outlawed us peace abiding people.   The State Department (USA) makes a comment about Russia treatment of us.  Would Russia really care what they say?  I mean, they listen to Putin and the Church.  EHCR, can't do anything and I see other countries (small and mid size ones) starting to attack us in their own various ways.    Somehow, will this (all of this involvement) lead into Jehovah's appointed day?  I just don't see freedom for all our friends worldwide, particularly in countries starting with Russia, and all the ones that broke off from Russia in 1991.   Along with China, and Vietnam, Mayammar,  other Asian countries, the American's (South), parts of Europe and Middle Eastern areas where our brothers/sisters can preach.   Just a thought , nothing written in stone! 

1 minute ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Jehovah is getting his name glorified and name known throughout the world because of what Russia has outlawed us peace abiding people.   The State Department (USA) makes a comment about Russia treatment of us.  Would Russia really care what they say?  I mean, they listen to Putin and the Church.  EHCR, can't do anything and I see other countries (small and mid size ones) starting to attack us in their own various ways.    Somehow, will this (all of this involvement) lead into Jehovah's appointed day?  I just don't see freedom for all our friends worldwide, particularly in countries starting with Russia, and all the ones that broke off from Russia in 1991.   Along with China, and Vietnam, Mayammar,  other Asian countries, the American's (South), parts of Europe and Middle Eastern areas where our brothers/sisters can preach.   Just a thought , nothing written in stone! 

I believe the same thought was mentioned a few pages back. However, with all the countries who are condemning Russia's decision at this time, it doesn't seem so. Jehovah's appointed day would be something worldwide, including in countries where freedom of religion is championed now (US, Canada, Germany, UK, Australia, etc).

On 18.07.2017 at 11:28 PM, timpin said:

appeal to ECHR next   ...   https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/supreme-court-confirms-earlier-ruling-to-criminalize-jehovahs-witnesses/ 

"Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia have appealed for justice to the European Court of Human Rights and the UN Human Rights Committee."

And that's why we should not write again on the personal initiative, otherwise we could interfere with their actions.  The GB takes care of everything. 

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

Russian Embassy Press Officer on Lord Ahmad’s comments regarding the judicial ban of Jehova’s Witnesses in Russia

"On 20 April, the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation satisfied a legal claim of the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation by enforcing a ban against Jehova’s Witnesses and its subsidiaries in Russia on the grounds of extremist activities under Federal Law “On Counteraction of Extremist Activity” 114-FZ of 25th July 2002. On 17 July 2017, the Supreme Court rejected an appeal against the decision lodged by the Administrative Centre of the Russian branch of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

The decision was based on the findings of the Ministry of Justice, which confirmed that at least 95 publications and materials of “Jehova’s Witnesses” could be classified as extremist according to the Russian law, or had already been included in the national list of extremist materials. Moreover, according to Russian law enforcement agencies, the management of Jehova’s Witnesses in Russia has also been involved in other crimes such as money laundering and seizure of its followers’ property.:?

Thus, Lord Ahmad’s allegations of a crackdown on religious freedom appear unsubstantiated. The ban has nothing to do with religion:perplexed:. They are also unacceptable. Russia doesn’t interfere in other nations’ judicial authorities’ decisions. Hope HMG will abide by the broader international principle of non-interference in internal affairs."

https://www.rusemb.org.uk/fnapr/6172 

No comments...

Does this mean that the trial for Dennis Christensen is scheduled for July 23, 2017?

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/court-rejects-appeal-20170628/

. The FSB requested a court order to keep Mr. Christensen in pretrial detention until July 23, 2017—although he is a peaceful individual without a criminal record—in order to allow time to build a case against him on extremism charges.

Edited by M&M

add 'is'

WHY IS VLADIMIR PUTIN'S RUSSIA SO AFRAID OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES?

http://www.newsweek.com/russia-and-religion-why-putins-regime-so-afraid-jehovahs-witnesses-638640

Jehovah’s Witnesses have no political affiliations, and they renounce violence. However, they make an easy target for governments looking for internal enemies, as they refuse to bow down to government symbols. Many nationalists call them “enemies of the state.”

Many Jehovah’s Witnesses still attach a great importance to dates. Many Jehovah’s Witnesses are filled with foreboding, as April 20, the day the Russian Supreme Court first ruled against them, is also the birthday of Adolf Hitler.

I'm baffled with the last sentence. Not sure where the author got the idea from :)

3 minutes ago, JW-Ind said:

WHY IS VLADIMIR PUTIN'S RUSSIA SO AFRAID OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES?

http://www.newsweek.com/russia-and-religion-why-putins-regime-so-afraid-jehovahs-witnesses-638640

Jehovah’s Witnesses have no political affiliations, and they renounce violence. However, they make an easy target for governments looking for internal enemies, as they refuse to bow down to government symbols. Many nationalists call them “enemies of the state.”

Many Jehovah’s Witnesses still attach a great importance to dates. Many Jehovah’s Witnesses are filled with foreboding, as April 20, the day the Russian Supreme Court first ruled against them, is also the birthday of Adolf Hitler.

I'm baffled with the last sentence. Not sure where the author got the idea from :)

I read his a few months ago. I have personally, never seen ANYWHERE where we have tied any significance WHATSOEVER to Hitler and the April 20th ruling.

Wow...some of the excuses they can come up with... Let's see if a "religion" is accused of seizing it's followers properties and it gets banned, what should happen to a government that is seizing people's properties for no reason? Hmmmm :confused:

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Moreover, according to Russian law enforcement agencies, the management of Jehova’s Witnesses in Russia has also been involved in other crimes such as money laundering and seizure of its followers’ property.

:huh:

Are these the same Russian law enforcement agencies who planted banned literature in and around the KH's in Russia only to turn around and raid the meetings to suddenly "find the books?"  Are these the same "credible" Russian law enforcement agents who were "caught with their pants down" when they illegally broke open an assembly hall to further plant banned literature there? Or was it the MOJ's who could not refute any of the factual evidence presented by our lawyers during both trials? Or was it the judges who turned all turned a blind eye to FSB's underhanded tactics? 

Let me get off of my soapbox!

15 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Are these the same Russian law enforcement agencies who

. . .lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake. (Matthew 5:11)

YES they are ! and Jehovah uses this situation to prepare all the rest of us to understand what Jesus' words really mean and meditate on how WE would react to such stupid wicked lies and to the fact that our neighbors will hate us when they believe in these lies . Thanks to all the Russian friends for their fine example 

THE POLICE SHOWED UP AT A TENT CITY ON THE OB SEA

They suspected that it was Jehovah’s Witnesses......the government officials fear that the visitors may harm their children. 

(To create a reason for taking away the children)

The vice governor did not specify why exactly the authorities were concerned or how they had found out about the camp............

(was there a Traitor ?)

http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/170719e.html

They suspected that it was Jehovah’s Witnesses......the government officials fear that the visitors may harm their children. 
 The vice governor did not specify why exactly the authorities were concerned or how they had found out about the camp............
(was there a Traitor ?)

http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/170719e.html

Was it really Witnesses though, or some other unsuspecting campers? Speaking as someone who has been to camp sites arranged by Witnesses, the most harm they cause to children, or anyone else, is rain, mud, and bad weather, but other than that, it's a lot of fun.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

They said they are gonna make everyone leave the camp? I don't really know the laws in Russia - what do they do with youths under 18 who identify themselves as JW?..

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

On 7/21/2017 at 7:23 AM, M&M said:

Does this mean that the trial for Dennis Christensen is scheduled for July 23, 2017?

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/court-rejects-appeal-20170628/

. The FSB requested a court order to keep Mr. Christensen in pretrial detention until July 23, 2017—although he is a peaceful individual without a criminal record—in order to allow time to build a case against him on extremism charges.

I didn't get a response above so I thought I would ask if anyone knows what the latest is on Dennis Christensen?

2 hours ago, BibleSteve said:

Court in Oryol left brother Dennis Christensen in jail until November 23, we are appealing #jwrussia #StopJWBan

Thank you BibleSteve. That is sad as their pattern doesn't seem to fit them releasing him out of mercy or righteousness or anything.

7 hours ago, M&M said:

Thank you BibleSteve. That is sad as their pattern doesn't seem to fit them releasing him out of mercy or righteousness or anything.

Early this morning upon awakening my thoughts and prayers were for our Russia family and for Brother Christensen by name - Always

Edited by CyreJay

5 hours ago, campanula said:

It is terrible what is happening. Like the Malawi situation repeating it self.

What did the first christians do when the Holy place was attacked? We know they fled to the mountains.  May be the Russian brothers and sisters could do the same.  I don't say Revelation 12 is a fullfillment of this situation,  but the guideline could be applied there,  thay the "woman fled to the wilderness" away from persecution. 

On 7/23/2017 at 1:44 AM, Samira said:

They fear they will harm their children? If they are truly concerned about the welfare of children then they have a very big problem to deal with...

(Caution: Video is disturbing to watch)