JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1395 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Yes, though our Russian family can be criminally prosecuted for preaching publicly or privately, still I can not see them not doing Jehovah's will...to preach. It's like during the apostles day when they were ordered not to preach. Yet, what did the apostles say? "We must obey God as ruler..." 

Then there was our Brother Daniel. A law was put out that anyone who prays to any god other than the Babylonian god would face death. What did Brother Daniel do? Prayed to our God Jehovah, in full view of everyone, knowing full well what could happen!  

Nothing, absolutely NOTHING will stop our brothers from doing Jehovah's will!! They WILL preach! 

11 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I appreciated seeing the live streaming  of the court decision yesterday.  I know it's selfish but I was really hoping to see a small earthquake rattle the courtroom while the judges read their decision, especially if the brothers calmly sat through it as if they were expecting it....

<sigh>

No joke, on the far side of a costal town in Russia, they had an 7.5 earthquake yesterday.  When I read that, I said.."Jehovah, just a little closer in town!" So the whole region can feel it.  Imagine when Jehovah's appointed time gets here!  Then THEY will all know WHO IS JEHOVAH, and he will magnify his holy name and right to rule! 

19 hours ago, Stormswift said:

If we go back to Moses, the Egyptians and the Red Sea, remember their backs were to the wall, or to the water in this instance, and if Pharoah had relented prior to the red sea ... would Jehovah's fame become known around about the nations to the extent it did? By the time the red sea event happened, there was a pillar of cloud and a pillar of fire visibly protecting Jehovah's people, that couldn't be explained away ... around 3 million people (counting women and children and those from Egypt who joined them) walked upon the dry seabed - a days walk from one end to the other. All these events my dear, cannot be explained away - they could only be attributed to our God Jehovah.

Thank you. I liked your example with  Pharoah.... interesting idea!

17 hours ago, Foxes53 said:

I like to think of Harold King and Stanley Jones. They lost their court case and ended up spending 5-7 years in prison isolated from other brothers and Jehovah's organization. Also Nancy Yeung. But what a fine witness they ended up giving and all were very zealous and active after they obtained their freedom. The point is they lost in worldly courts but ended up victorious.

I like this examples, especcially Nancy Yeung. If i right remember, she was in jail 20 years... i was surprised when she was talking with smille about this difficult period of her life... and i always think with tears about brothers and sisters in Eritrea, especcially Issak, Negede and Paulos.... why are they in jail so many time? Just we can belive that Jehovah will answer us one day.

1 hour ago, Luezette said:

Yes, though our Russian family can be criminally prosecuted for preaching publicly or privately, still I can not see them not doing Jehovah's will...to preach. It's like during the apostles day when they were ordered not to preach. Yet, what did the apostles say? "We must obey God as ruler..." 

Then there was our Brother Daniel. A law was put out that anyone who prays to any god other than the Babylonian god would face death. What did Brother Daniel do? Prayed to our God Jehovah, in full view of everyone, knowing full well what could happen!  

Nothing, absolutely NOTHING will stop our brothers from doing Jehovah's will!! They WILL preach! 

Thank you for reminding! You are right! 

6 hours ago, Margaret said:

How can I see the blog in English 

1 hour ago, booboo said:

How can  this be viewed in English using an ipad? (no right click capability) Sorry if I missed the answer to this question. Thanks

First go to Anton's Facebook page..he covered both appeals..you should have the option to google translate..On my Android phone I chose to always translate into English, so when I tap a link the article automatically translates..hope this helps! :D

https://m.facebook.com/achivchalov/?ref=page_internal

Edited by SUNRAY

spelling

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

EU criticizes Russia over Jehovah’s Witnesses ban

BRUSSELS — The European Union is criticizing Russia over its nationwide ban on the Jehovah’s Witnesses religious denomination, saying all must be able to practice their religion without interference...........The EU said: “Jehovah’s Witnesses, like all other religious groups, must be able to peacefully enjoy freedom of assembly without interference.” It added that Russia was bound by its constitution as well as its international commitments to provide such guarantees.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/eu-criticizes-russia-over-jehovahs-witnesses-ban/2017/07/18/5c1306c0-6bb1-11e7-abbc-a53480672286_story.html?utm_term=.033484f2ac0b

2 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

First go to Anton's Facebook page..he covered both appeals..you should have the option to google translate..On my Android phone I chose to always translate into English, so when I tap a link the article automatically translates..hope this helps! :D

https://m.facebook.com/achivchalov/?ref=page_internal

Who is Anton?

Just now, M&M said:

Who is Anton?

Anton Chivchalov, a brother in Belarus who covered the appeals and posted links on his FB page for the friends..many of his links are also on jw.org:lol: If Russian friends were not allowed to go to jw-russia.org, they could follow on his FB blog. I am not a member of FB, but can still read his page without joining..just X the offer to join FB when it pops up!:D

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Thank you for reminding! You are right! 

They are in jail because they hate Satan and love Jehovah and doing what is right. Jehovah can point to these faithful Job-like brothers of ours and say: "Have you seen these dear faithful ones who would not turn their backs on me no matter what you do to them? When you are gone, they will continue to live in peace!"

So, now, let's fill Russian jails and prisons with people who love peace, God, and their neighbours! Of course, they would rather live free and go on living a peaceful life. But if this is what Satan wants - give it to us!!

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

15 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Anton Chivchalov, a brother in Belarus who covered the appeals and posted links on his FB page for the friends..many of his links are also on jw.org:lol: If Russian friends were not allowed to go to jw-russia.org, they could follow on his FB blog. I am not a member of FB, but can still read his page without joining..just X the offer to join FB when it pops up!:D

Thank you SUNRAY.

1 hour ago, Jonathan77 said:

International Delegation Supports Russian Brotherhood on JW Broadcasting

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_broadcasting/2f/jwb_E_201707_14_r720P.mp4

I Love the last words of brother Lett!! Don't Give Up Brothers and Sisters of Russia!! Trust In Jehovah!! :)

It is now. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I just watch the news and a news item about hizbut tahrir triggered my attention. In Indonesia they accepted a law that will forbid this extremist group. But the newsmedia said they're happy that this new president has good intentions, cause this law could also be used to ban other religious groups if a president with bad intentions gets the power.

Hmmmmm... seems like another puzzle piece gets into it's place? Just as mentioned earlier... It seems like things are getting ready. I even slowly starts to think Jehovah could already given it in their heart.

It was always a struggle for me how Jehovah would take care of those countries like India, Indonesia and Muslim countries. In these Western countries religion isn't a hot item anymore.... so I could easily form an image how it could work out there. But with laws like these it is a lot easier to ban religion in these countries now. (For now Indonesia).

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/07/indonesia-hizbut-tahrir-group-banned-protect-unity-170719050345186.html

Edited by skipdaflip

Skipdaflip, whenJehovah puts it into the heart of the "scarlet covered wild beast" (United Nations) to attack the harlot (Babylon the Great), you'll know it, for it'll be the start of the GT

So since she's still standing, Jehovah hasn't done so...yet. 

But I understand your antipation. We're sick of her meddling, her claim to represent Jehovah, and to be followers of Christ. What a prostitute! Yes, she's the instigator of the persecution/cases in Russia of our Russian family and in other countries, following her true leader Satan! 

US slams Russia for ban on Jehovah's Witnesses

The State Department on Wednesday slammed the Russian Supreme Court's decision to ban Jehovah's Witnesses from practicing in the country, which considers them an "extremist" group.

"The Russian Supreme Court's decision this week against the Jehovah's Witnesses is the latest in a disturbing trend of persecution of religious minorities in Russia," said State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert in a statement.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/342703-us-slams-russia-for-ban-on-jehovahs-witnesses

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

State Department, Religious Freedom Watchdog Denounce Russian Ban on Jehovah’s Witnesses

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/state-department-religious-freedom-watchdog-denounce-russian-ban-jehovahs-witnesses/

The condemnations from the United States are good news for the Witnesses, according to Yaroslav Sivulsky, a representative of the European Association of Jehovah’s Christian Witnesses. He was present at the court hearing, and said that it attracted representatives from 10 or 15 countries, as well as the European Union.

"It’s very good, because otherwise Russia thought that it will not be noticed by anybody," he told the Free Beacon. "It is very important that international bodies and countries condemn what was going on with Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia. Maybe it will have some effect on further actions."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Look also to what was said in the link to Tbs77's post above.....

USCIRF has designated Russia a "country of particular concern" for "systematic, ongoing, and egregious violations of religious freedom." Other countries with that designation include Iran, North Korea, and Saudi Arabia.

Edited by loving life

Correction

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.