JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1403 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 hours ago, cricket246 said:

The world scene is heating up, and I feel things are about to start changing rapidly. You know things are speeding up when JW.org develops a breaking news area on their website. o.o

I cant find it?  Can you provide link? That is exciting! 

On Monday, July 17, 2017, a three-judge panel will consider the appeal of the Russian Supreme Court’s April 20 decision against Jehovah’s Witnesses. Further updates about the hearing will be provided using this new breaking news feature. Please pray for our brothers and sisters in Russia. Regardless of the outcome, we are confident that Jehovah has all matters in hand and the nations will know that he is Jehovah.–Ezekiel 38:23.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/#newsAlerts

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

21 hours ago, cricket246 said:

The world scene is heating up, and I feel things are about to start changing rapidly. You know things are speeding up when JW.org develops a breaking news area on their website. o.o

I think this will be helpful. When reading news of problems either man made or natural I always ask how are the brothers affected.

On 13/07/2017 at 5:06 PM, ChocoBro said:

I found that documentary again, but it's only available in German.

https://www.tvnow.de/ntv/n-tv-dokumentation/sorok-sorokow-russlands-militante-kirche/player

When I clicked on the link it asked me if I wanted to leave Facebook.  When I clicked yes, it said the page could not be found.  Could you check the link for me please Ruben. Thank you. :) 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

13 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

When I clicked on the link it asked me if I wanted to leave Facebook.  When I clicked yes, it said the page could not be found.  Could you check the link for me please Ruben. Thank you. :) 

Hmm.. maybe it only works in Germany. I just clicked it and it works.

I went on to youtube this morning looking for videos that showed authorities planting evidence. I ran into a video 'Russian Police Force Into Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Halls'. It shows someone in  plain clothes climbing through a window while the Witnesses inside were at first trying to keep him out and then let him and another man in. The caption in part reads: 'Jehovah's Witnesses refused to let the Russian police into their kingdom halls so they forced themselves thru a window! '. At least the initial part of the video appears to be recorded by one of our brothers/sisters inside with a cell phone. Then the posted video shows police in uniform inside. I didn't watch the whole video nor read all of the comments under it as I read enough to know that the poster and several commenters were at least very opposed and likely apostates.

Has anyone seen a video with people climbing through a window? I don't think that they made it clear that they were the police if they were actually police nor was it apparent that they tried to knock on the door, assuming the doors were locked.

12 minutes ago, Jothob said:

Do we know what time the appeal starts tomorrow? & will there be a link we can use to follow updates as they happen like last time at all? Thank you

In the Monday, July 17, 2017, held a hearing on the appeal "of Jehovah's Witnesses Administrative Center in Russia" for the Russian Supreme Court's decision of 20 April 2017. This decision has affected all 175,000 followers of this religion in Russia, as the single stroke of the pen have eliminated all of their 396 registered organizations in Russia, and the activity is prohibited. The court also decided to confiscate the property of all these religious organizations. As a result, in addition to complaints from the Administrative Center on this decision were filed for a total of hundreds of appeals from other liquidated 395 local religious organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses, and hundreds of individuals whose rights have been directly affected by the judgment.

The hearing will begin at 11:00. 

5 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Am I remembering right, it means midnight for PST and 3 am for EST in the US?

Close. It's 01:00 PT and 04:00 ET.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Tortuga said:

Close. It's 01:00 PST and 04:00 EST.

Oh good, I was close:D. Can't say I'll be able to be awake at that time but will catch up at 5. Maybe that way the ones who gave us such good translation will have some of it done and ready to read.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Our  God is almighty. He is the God who sent a single angel to completely devastate the Assyrian army of 186000, and the one who sent the Prince of Israel to lead 3 million of his people through the Red Sea on dry land. Some of that 175000 are of the anointed. He sees, and he can save, if it is his will.

It's interesting to ruminate on the information in the KR book on this topic. How amazing that we're going through this particular information right now, who knows how long ago it was written before it was published. Jehovah is comforting us with knowing he is seeing it all, he won't leave his people entirely. He will act or intercede when he knows the time is right.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

One of these events, either tonight, or another to come will be the threshold of a new dawning. Whether we must condtinue in prayer and endurance, or there is a vindication for Jehovah's people makes no difference to the eventual outcome of Jehovah's victory, in his time.

In the meantime it is my prayer to our God and Father, that our brothers and sisters not only remain faithful,but joyful in their service, and through them doing may we also draw strength from their examples to endure things to come for us.

x

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."