JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1403 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Possibly this recent development is "Jehovah acting in STYLE"! :superman:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Everything Jehovah does is always in style. As a matter of fact, Jehovah is very stylish! 

Noone can rightly accuse Jehovah of being old-fashioned, behind the times, etc. I mean, yeah they can say the words yeah, but after all is said and done, Jehovah always come out on top!!!!

21 hours ago, Skye said:

8 kids? The Kremlin website wrote 6...

Yes, they have 8 kids--read it somewhere last nite..reputable site or article--can't remember now; I read Too much! lol  

17 minutes ago, SusanE said:

Yes, they have 8 kids--read it somewhere last nite..reputable site or article--can't remember now; I read Too much! lol  

I believe families had to have four or more children to qualify.

1 hour ago, kejedo said:

I believe families had to have four or more children to qualify.

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/54643

The Order of Parental Glory was established by a Presidential Executive Order signed in May 2008 and is awarded to parents (or adoptive parents) raising 7 or more children and ensuring due care for their health, education, and physical, spiritual and moral development.

Hhmmm. I can't find the post I was looking for. Somewhere in this thread someone suggested our lawyers were going to have a field day with this award-winning family in the courtroom when the appeal comes up. Someone else thought maybe they would play the video of this family receiving the award in the courtroom. Etc... But I was wondering (although not out loud until now)...

It was mentioned in one of the news stories the brothers don't expect to get very far with the appeal before the Russian Supreme Court.

Sivulskiy said he has “very, very little” hope that an appeal will be successful.

They can foresee the prejudiced attitude of the first Supreme Court decision being carried over to the appeal. If that was the case, would the lawyers for the administrative center risk the safety and well-being of this family by publicly announcing in the courtroom that they are Witnesses? We have already heard about brothers and sisters losing their jobs, Witness children being intimidated in school, and Kingdom Halls being vandalized after the first judgment against us. If we lose the appeal, and the lawyers seem to think this is a very definite possibility, what else could happen in the wake of a second adverse judgment? Especially, what could happen to this family when people find out they are Witnesses?

I don't know. Is this a legitimate concern I'm having here?

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/russia/president-putin-gives-parenting-award-to-jehovahs-witnesses/

Sorry if this has been posted already.

I only posted it because I finally read down to the last paragraph. Which stated:

"We hope that this award presented by President Putin is considered on July 17, 2017, when the Russian Supreme Court reviews the decision to liquidate the Administrative Center of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia.”

So July 17 is the date for the appeal?

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

4 hours ago, Loopy said:

So July 17 is the date for the appeal?

Yes, I think that was posted on jw-russia.org 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

12 hours ago, Loopy said:

"We hope that this award presented by President Putin is considered on July 17, 2017, when the Russian Supreme Court reviews the decision to liquidate the Administrative Center of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia."

I've been thinking about why this strange twist pops up. But as mentioned, it could be the work of Jehovah, which could only be said afterwards. 

But the reward for the family was already awarded a few years earlier and given now by Putin. He could decide not to reward them because of the judgement and extremist belief. Or to reward them and show the nation that he's neutral. Which gives him the ability to  overthrow the church or orthodox church as a neutral person? 

Goverments operates with different agenda. One they show is, and one they really want to fullfill. 

So it could go either way. But it is remarkable. And I've got the feeling it has to do with something bigger.

I'm not trying to give 2 possibilities. But trying to say this big. But can go into every direction.

As Bro. Jackson said "expect the unexpected" ... JW in Russia have a ratio of 1 to 850 what are the odds of what just happened? !!!  BUT even more amazing is:

What are the odds that the Russian version of the Secret Service and FBI would allow people who are considered "dangerous extremist" on the same podium he is on and then have that very world leader "praise" these "extremist" for the very opposite reason that they are being accused of being extremist in the first place. 

Putin said they were "exemplary citizens" and said "may God be with you"!!!

Why did the security services not pick up on who they were?    Invisibility?    Who do you think hid their eyes that they were extremist and banned and appearing before the President?

Was this just a "coincidence"?

A famous detective once said "There is no such thing as a coincidence". HMMM  Has anyone heard the talk back in 2006 by a Bethel brother called "Coincidences" about Divine Intervention in the modern day history of Jehovah's Organization. Well I am thinking this one may well "take the cake"!

The account in the book of Esther seems very apropos here. Where the tables are turned when Haman says God's People were "dangerous", but then he becomes the target. Well the Russian Orthodox Church are the ones who first called us "dangerous extremist" and in Haman's time once the "King" found out he was mislead well...Once Putin finds out he was mislead by the ROC that the "peaceful exemplary citizens" that are JW's have been accused wrongly by the Church well... Who knows, time will tell !  7/17/17 will be a very interesting day indeed!

Wouldn't it be interesting some day in the future that the Churches of Christendom accuses God's People of being "extremist" but then the tables are turned  on them and poof... The Wild Beast turns on False Religion.  TIME WILL TELL. B)

Edited by Bruceq

Don't forget that the call for peace and security and the sealing of the anointed ones must take place before the attack on false religion.

On one of our last meetings we had a lecture about images/shadows and counter images/reality. The article warned about seeing al kind of higher meanings in several scriptures, cause we could see meanings in all kind of things which would lead our attention away from the lesson that's enclosed in the scripture. 

I must say it's a typical action of Putin and perhaps it could lead to more. And this action already gave tremendous honor to Jehovah's name, because of the great example that the family gave because they live by Jehovah's law, which were on the other hand marked as members of an 'extremist' organisation. 

But to see it as a twist that will lead to the attack of the false religion, or will have anything to do with 7/17/17... I think we must not make this bigger than it probably is

Edited by skipdaflip

1 hour ago, Bruceq said:

The account in the book of Esther seems very apropos here. Where the tables are turned when Haman says God's People were "dangerous", but then he becomes the target. Well the Russian Orthodox Church are the ones who first called us "dangerous extremist" and in Haman's time once the "King" found out he was mislead well...Once Putin finds out he was mislead by the ROC that the "peaceful exemplary citizens" that are JW's have been accused wrongly by the Church well... Who knows, time will tell !  7/17/17 will be a very interesting day indeed!

Wouldn't it be interesting some day in the future that the Churches of Christendom accuses God's People of being "extremist" but then the tables are turned  on them and poof... The Wild Beast turns on False Religion.  TIME WILL TELL. B)

At first Haman could do no wrong, then he could do no right:

"Haʹman became terrified because of the king and the queen. 7  The king rose up in a rage from the banquet of wine and went into the palace garden, but Haʹman stood up to plead with Queen Esther for his life,* for he realized that the king was determined to punish him. 8  The king returned from the palace garden to the house of the wine banquet and saw that Haʹman had thrown himself on the couch where Esther was. The king exclaimed: “Is he also going to rape the queen in my own house?” As soon as these words left the king’s mouth, they covered Haʹman’s face.

Like those scenes where once  a bag thrown over their head, they're a goner.

If the speculation is right, Jehovah and his spirit sons have certainly been busy guiding His people. I'm positive after the court case the government and ROC must have felt vindicated, but little do they know Jehovah may have been feeding them rope, little by little. He may allow them to be choked from within.

3 hours ago, lovejoypeace said:

If the speculation is right, Jehovah and his spirit sons have certainly been busy guiding His people. emoji1.png I'm positive after the court case the government and ROC must have felt vindicated, but little do they know Jehovah may have been feeding them rope, little by little. He may allow them to be choked from within.

Or a garrote.

But the reward for the family was already awarded a few years earlier and given now by Putin.

Hi skipdaflip, could you substantiate this statement please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk