JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1414 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, DarinS said:

.....my words....for example he made those inactive wake up and realize the time left is very short.....remember..... Jesus is with us, helping us

Sometimes I wonder: In some areas of the world there is a very low increase, or many become inactive or just slack off. Not meaning to scare anyone, but perhaps all those areas need is some good, stiff persecution! I already mentioned it in another post somewhere, but if the area where you are serving gives you the freedom to preach, use it to the full! You never know when it will all come to an end. Indeed Jehovah has His reasons for allowing hard times like we see in Russia and other places, but only He knows for certain what they might be. All we see are the after-effects.

8 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Not meaning to scare anyone, but perhaps all those areas need is some good, stiff persecution!

Our CBS conductor jokingly said that last night...:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The date of the appeal hearing has been set; 17th of July

The date of the appeal hearing has been set: July 17 https://jw-russia.org/news/17060123-173.html  #jwrussia #StopJWBan

0 replies15 retweets9 likes

10 hours ago, DarinS said:

Update at morning worship- ...at Assembly Hall

Brother handling daily text shared some info about recent Zone visit (May 2017)

'Jesus is with us' - comment at zone visit for Russia - held in Estonia because of legal stuff- why does Jehovah allow these troubles and this ban ...? We are not sure but here is a statistic - in preceding 7 years in Russia 37,000 had become inactive- after the ruling - by approx May 7 ......13,000 were reactivated - comment by Mark Sanderson repping GB - the judge did what the elders couldn't accomplish--

.....my words....for example he made those inactive wake up and realize the time left is very short.....remember..... Jesus is with us, helping us

Yes, such great news made me happy! I thought" the ban is a good thing. Because of it we have many interesting experiences throughout the country."

We have an appeal date: 17th July 2017

https://jw-russia.org/news/17060123-173.html

Edit: Ooops.  Sorry.  Didn't read previous posts before posting this. Date has also been posted further up.^^ :)

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

7 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

We have an appeal date:  July 17th 

I corrected your date...:D

I wonder if there will be a letter campaign.  Any opinions on whether or not we will write letters?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

40 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

That date is already important to me,  for entirely different reasons.

The picture that I use as my avatar was taken on that date, in 2010... 

A most significant date!  :) Blessed Are the youthful! Congatulations!

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I wonder how we'll count time in the new system. Different to how we count it now, no doubt. 

Sooner of later we'll have nothing left of the old world. All I can say about that future is - Let It Come!

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

8 hours ago, alohapaulette said:

7/17/17 - It's a good hand.

There must be a subliminal message in that date !!!!

What were they saying about 153 fish?   Bible Study part said there were people making a fuss about that number. Anyone know?

31 minutes ago, Doug said:

What were they saying about 153 fish?   Bible Study part said there were people making a fuss about that number. Anyone know?

Some were doing their best to read between the lines and didn't get anything but eye strain. 

We're always looking for something that's not there. Reminds me of Brother Morris speaking of the older songs, that there was absolutely no connection between the subject/title of the song and the page number, 'absolutely none'. :)

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, Doug said:

"Gregory the Great reaches 17 the same way, but multiplies it by 3, the number of the trinity, to get 51, and by 3 again, unto perfection, to get 153."

There is no subliminal message.  The "153 fish" syndrome is using numerology, an occult practice to derive meaning from numbers.  Pure waste of time.

On 17 July 2017 a hearing on the appeal of the decision of the Supreme Court on April 20, 2017 on the liquidation of a religious organization "Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia." The complaint was filed May 19, 2017 Administrative Center. In addition, a complaint was sent to all 395 of liquidated local religious organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses. The court's decision also affect the rights of individuals, so at least 400 appeals sent to the court on behalf of individuals.

That was translated from Jw-Russia.org

So basically does that mean that 400 people are already facing prosecution for being a JW if the appeal gets rejected?

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

9 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

On 17 July 2017 a hearing on the appeal of the decision of the Supreme Court on April 20, 2017 on the liquidation of a religious organization "Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia." The complaint was filed May 19, 2017 Administrative Center. In addition, a complaint was sent to all 395 of liquidated local religious organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses. The court's decision also affect the rights of individuals, so at least 400 appeals sent to the court on behalf of individuals.

That was translated from Jw-Russia.org

So basically does that mean that 400 people are already facing prosecution for being a JW if the appeal gets rejected?

Probably.  What else would stop them?

Persecution of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia intensifies and targets children (The Salt Lake Tribune)

http://www.sltrib.com/home/5358906-155/persecution-of-jehovahs-witnesses-in-russia

Johan

Pray for our young brothers and sisters that their faith do not give out!

From article :

Most worrisome to many Witnesses are the recent instances in which schoolteachers, principals and police have turned on children.

Pics from Warwick 20170530_183038.jpg20170530_181709.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, alohapaulette said:

Probably.  What else would stop them?

Not rejected necessarily, since each individual case should need to be addressed.  It would depend on each case.

Edited by alohapaulette