JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1403 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Awarding "Parental Glory"

On the eve of International Children's Day, Vladimir Putin awarded the Order of "Parental Glory" parents of large families. Among the award winning - a family of Astrakhan and Yaroslavl regions, Karelia, Buryatia, North Ossetia - Alania, the Perm and the Primorsky Territory, the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Yugra.

May 31, 2017 in Moscow, at a meeting in the Kremlin, the president handed Valery and Tatiana Novik, Jehovah's Witnesses from Karelia, the Order of "Parental Glory". At the awarding ceremony was also attended by all six children Novikov.

The Order is awarded to parents of large families, who are setting an example to strengthen the institution of the family and the upbringing of children, form a socially responsible family and lead a healthy lifestyle, provide a full and harmonious development of personality of children, a high level of care for their health, education, physical, spiritual and moral development.

In reply, referring to the spiritual and moral development of children, Valery Novik quoted text from the Bible, which serves as a reference for it, both for the parents: "Train up a boy on the right path; he will not depart from it, even when you are old "(Proverbs 22: 6).

Edited by Omo_Yeme

I tried to copy and paste the English translation from FB, but it kept referencing the article written in Russia.  I don't see anything on my NB to figure out how to translate in English.  ??  Exasperating!  Unless someone here could translate it?  If not, I will type word for word what this article says.  This article just blows my mind!!!  (I'll be checking for Notifications in case someone can translate.)  OK, I just clicked on Anton's FB page and it will let me C & P from there, so hang on.......

Edited by SusanE

7 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Can't read it, can you copy and paste some here?

The family of Jehovah's Witnesses took the order from the hands of the head of state

June 6, 2017

Photo source: www.kremlin.ru

May 31, 2017 in Moscow, at a meeting in the Kremlin, the president handed Valery and Tatiana Novik, Jehovah's Witnesses from Karelia, the Order of "Parental Glory". At the awarding ceremony was also attended by all six children Novikov.

The Order is awarded to parents of large families, who are setting an example to strengthen the institution of the family and the upbringing of children, form a socially responsible family and lead a healthy lifestyle, provide a full and harmonious development of personality of children, a high level of care for their health, education, physical, spiritual and moral development.

In reply, referring to the spiritual and moral development of children, Valery Novik quoted text from the Bible, which serves as a reference for it, both for the parents: "Train up a boy on the right path; he will not depart from it, even when you are old "(Proverbs 22: 6).

4 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

16 minute video of the program.  The Novik family arrives on stage at the 6.30 mark.

http://www.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/54643/videos#

Fascinating! 

Did I get it right? Has the president of Russia rewarded a family considered extremist, prohibited by law in Russia, for her example of taking good care of her children? :blink::confused:

1 minute ago, Araujo JW said:

Did I get it right? Has the president of Russia rewarded a family considered extremist, prohibited by law in Russia, for her example of taking good care of her children? :blink::confused:

YES!  Crazy, right?!!  I'm totally bamboozled!

Yes, this is Putin's Russia for you.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Have been going through some really heavy trials lately.  The last 2 days I've specifically asked Jehovah, in prayer, to please give me something encouraging for the day.  Yesterday, my prayer was answered w/my son (a Ministerial Servant whom I'm so proud of!)

calling me and lifting up my spirits with encouraging words and then TODAY!!! how so encouraged and bolstered up I feel!  Jehovah truly does listen to our prayers!!!

Edited by SusanE

6 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Yes my brother..you heard it correctly!  I'm having a hard time believing this myself! :huh:  Hopefully, this will give our dear brothers in Russia added "ammunition/consideration" for their upcoming appeal next month -- I pray! 

Just now, Thesauron said:

Yes, this is Putin's Russia for you.

Johan

Wow! I may be exaggerating in my conjectures, but I thought: is Jehovah not moving things for the defense of his people?

This event may serve as a precedent in cases where teachers mistreat our children.

This is a blatant paradox of the Russian government!

Edited by Araujo JW

This one of those times we are seeing the same information in two topics. See also:

lJW.org - NEWS RELEASES | Danish Jehovah’s Witness Arrested and Jailed in Russia After Police Raid a Christian Meeting

The family of Jehovah's Witnesses took the order from the hands of the head of state

June 6, 2017
novik.jpg?itok=pZw5GwVc

Photo source: www.kremlin.ru

May 31, 2017 in Moscow, at a meeting in the Kremlin, the president handed Valery and Tatiana Novik, Jehovah's Witnesses from Karelia, the Order of "Parental Glory". At the awarding ceremony was also attended by all six children Novikov.

In reply, referring to the spiritual and moral development of children, Valery Novik quoted text from the Bible, which serves as a reference for it, both for the parents: "Train up a boy on the right path; he will not depart from it, even when you are old "(Proverbs 22: 6).

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Araujo JW said:

Wow! I may be exaggerating in my conjectures, but I thought: is Jehovah not moving things for the defense of his people?

This event may serve as a precedent in cases where teachers mistreat our children.

This is a blatant paradox of the Russian government!

My personal thoughts are similar.  I remember a comment our Sister Victoria posted  many days ago as I was viewing the "Parental Order" video.  She said :

I just got a response from President's Administration. I am glad somebody read at least one of my letters. They said no one can influence court decisions.

I was skeptical regarding that governmental reply to her.  However can we conclude that Putin forthrightly acknowledged - on Russian stage - that Jehovah's Witnesses are not a threat to anyone anywhere? Yes! He did just so by:

• publicly acknowledging a Russian family who are JW's
  • broadcasting the Parental Order Dinner on the RF official government website where it can be picked up and rebroadcast to other media outlets
  • allowing our brother to speak and publicly give a witness using Proverbs 22:6
  • covertly calling into question the illegality of the Russian ban and,
  • not allowing the JW-letter-writing campaign nor the unjust ban  to "influence his decision" on this special occasion.

Many variables can be derived from this matter, but at the end of the day I'd like to think that ultimately, it is Jehovah who is maneuvering things along!  -_-

Edited by Omo_Yeme

Here is the "English" version direct from the Kremlins website http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/54643

President of Russia Vladimir Putin: Good afternoon, friends,

It is a real pleasure to welcome you here at the Kremlin on the eve of International Children’s Day for this ceremony for presenting the Order of Parental Glory. 

There are many truly happy people in this hall today. Together with your children you discover the world anew day after day, share pride in their achievements, see how your efforts develop their best qualities and talents, and, I am sure, do everything possible to help them become honest and decent people and worthy citizens of our country. 

Of course, a large family is not just happiness but is above all a great labour and responsibility. This is a labour without breaks and weekends. Your children, their needs, problems and interests are always your top priority. 

This noble and generous road in life is a path you have chosen at your own hearts’ behest, and we see that your parental love is truly boundless. It reaches out to all children, whether your own, or adopted. Families like yours, large and full of generous parental love, embody centuries-old traditions of empathy and kindness, show through their example that no obstacles stand before the desire to act constructively and do good, and offer beacons for those reflecting on their own choice of future road. 

Caring for children and helping them to fully develop their abilities is one of the main incentives that take people, families and society in general forward. Over these last years, our country has done a lot to support motherhood and childhood. We do have results. There are more and more families bringing up two or more children, including families with foster or adopted children. 

Of course, we will continue to do all we can to ensure decent living conditions for families with children and for ensuring that children no longer under the care of their parents live in families. I emphasise that the regional and local authorities can do much in this area. The officials at the grassroots level are better placed to see the problems of large families. We need to be aware of these problems, understand them and seek to help. This applies to all important everyday problems, including housing. It is always possible to find a solution if we address the problems in concrete fashion.

Friends, through you, I want to thank all large, friendly families in our country and wish you all health and prosperity. 

Thank you for your attention.

<…>

Vladimir Putin: Once again, let me congratulate you all. I want to say one more thing. 

This is not my first such ceremony. But what always brings me joy at these occasions is that these ceremonies bring such good people here. This goodness literally hangs in the air, it’s tangible, you can feel it. It is no doubt because you have such spirit and great hearts that you achieve such beautiful success in life. 

May God grant you all good health, good luck and happiness!

Edited by BibleSteve

added text

4 minutes ago, vern said:

i already see the appeal.... if were so extremist then why did Putin give one of our families this award...lol

That's the irony...must have taken him a lot of nerve lol and who knows what kind of explaining he's going to do to his own lawyers.

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 minute ago, vern said:

do we know that Putin was behind the persecution?

Good question. There is little question that he supports the Russian Orthodox Church, but having any active role in what is going on with us we don't know. He may have bigger fish to fry and just allows his minions a free reign.

IMO we should think twice before we make personal attacks on any head of state.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I think I will wait for the outcome of the trial before getting optimistic.

Putin and Trump are the biggest leaders in the world at the moment. But both have shown the world they are not thrustworthy.

Until this day they point fingers to each other, say one thing and do another. So even if he did this (noble?) gesture, that won't mean a thing in their world.

Satan will keeps disguising himself as an angel of light.

Then why would a puppet of Satan be better than his master?

Putin has denied all the accusations against him. And with this news item it looks likes he is the good guy , but I'll wait for the court decision before getting to excited. 

This is not an attack against any head of state. But we know we live in Satans world, and somethimes it is best to leave things in Jehovahs hands.

Edited by skipdaflip