JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1407 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 hours ago, jwhess said:

This was posted to JW-Russia.org (I didn't see it yesterday) and it is dated May 22.  It says "NO DATE" set.

Capture.JPG

That's odd. Mine says a date has been scheduled.

59237c2e7c086_RussiaAppeal.JPG.7589b36640a2a3498a92c55326715870.JPG

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

Yeah,  mine too. (US Pacific timezone ) 

Did you read the PDF?..there are some interestingly worded phrases used..

That's the link I put up .. though mine didn't have a picture with it.  It is becasue it said a date has been scheduled why I queried it and asked what if anyone knows the date. Oh well.  I'm sure the brothers will let us know.  I couldn't find a date on JW.org which is why I wondered if the June 13 date is actually correct.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 hour ago, blue-jay said:

I thought we only had one month from when the court case ended? :confused: 

I think there was a month to file the appeal, they did that. Now we wait for the appeal to be heard.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Victoria said:

In Russian it says the date has NOT been scheduled.

Thank you for clarifying that..

This weeks lesson in the God's Kingdom Rules! book is a great lesson, it deals with the issue at hand and how it was dealt with then.  On page 133, par. 2 it states;  "pondering the record of legal victories of Jehovah's Witnesses can be faith-strengthening".  Even when the victory wasn't ours, we didn't give up!

On 4/20/2017 at 0:10 PM, paulc said:

What happens if appeal is turned down or dismissed.

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

3 hours ago, loving life said:

This weeks lesson in the God's Kingdom Rules! book is a great lesson, it deals with the issue at hand and how it was dealt with then.  On page 133, par. 2 it states;  "pondering the record of legal victories of Jehovah's Witnesses can be faith-strengthening".  Even when the victory wasn't ours, we didn't give up!

Perhaps this is the reason for the theme of our convention

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

11 hours ago, Tortuga said:

A KH has been vandalized...

https://www.jw-russia.org/news/17052417-167.html

Russian government not protecting Kingdom Halls & Branch Office when they seemed to want to seize them to fill with homeless people or use them as Social Services centres because they haven't been funding such things because of so much military spending by the country putting them into austerity - Their loss!

They are practising their own famed "Scorched Earth Policy" BUT on themselves!! There will be nothing left for them to seize - Pyrrhic Victory!

22 hours ago, Tortuga said:

A KH has been vandalized...

https://www.jw-russia.org/news/17052417-167.html

Was this a Kingdom Hall that is still being used by the brothers? According to the "rough" translation of Google, I got the impression it was. If the brothers actually took those photos, I would assume that's accurate.

10 hours ago, retroHelen said:

Russian government not protecting Kingdom Halls & Branch Office when they seemed to want to seize them to fill with homeless people or use them as Social Services centres . . . Their loss!

That was the other possibility. Maybe the government has already seized that hall, in which case your post, Helen, would be right on target. What a place it would be now for homeless people to take over living in...

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Was this a Kingdom Hall that is still being used by the brothers? According to the "rough" translation of Google, I got the impression it was. If the brothers actually took those photos, I would assume that's accurate.

I was under the impression that all of the KH were already seized by the government but I think someone pointed out in an earlier post that the property doesn't officially get turned over to the government until after the appeal. I assume that means that the KH and all the property in it still belongs to the brothers..

On 5/25/2017 at 5:58 PM, Tortuga said:

. . . I think someone pointed out in an earlier post that the property doesn't officially get turned over to the government until after the appeal. I assume that means that the KH and all the property in it still belongs to the brothers..

I read that somewhere too. I understood it to mean that properties are still being used by the brothers. However, someone else in this topic (perhaps Victoria or Campanula) recounts that they were crying over the condition of their former Kingdom Hall as it was empty and uncared for. That person wanted to at least go and water the plants but couldn't get there. Do you remember that post?

However, Steve's post above links to Forum 18. The beginning part of that article says:

As Jehovah's Witnesses challenge the Supreme Court liquidation of all their organisations as "extremist", their Centre is closed, police have sealed some Kingdom Halls and bank accounts are frozen. Individuals continue to face fines, children face pressure, and places of worship face increased vandalism.

On the other hand, the same article also says:

Although the Supreme Court ruling has not yet entered into force, local religious organisations already appear to have been removed from Federal Tax Service records. In the records seen by Forum 18, local communities across several regions were already listed as "liquidated" and their activities as "terminated" . . .

Hhmmm. I'm confused... :confused:

1 hour ago, BibleSteve said:

An update of some of the happenings in Russia on Forum18 http://www.forum18.org/archive.php?article_id=2282

That article clears up a few things on what was discussed a few posts back, about whether or not a date was set for the appeal. Some sources were saying it was for June 13. However that date is for a different case. Your post was much appreciated. Thank you.