JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1406 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

13 hours ago, Loopy said:

http://ab.cnewsgo.com/christians-in-russia-protest-against-jehovahs-witnesses-ban/

Something I just found. Hopefully, not "fake" news.

Curious, how did you find it? 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

ab.cnews. Very suspicious. Looks like it is trying to be legit. This is bad stuff. A brother repeated a comment that was, "untrue" news at the WT study last week. My heart sunk. It was regarding Mr. Trump taking a stand against Russia because of what is going with us in Russia. I'm about to the point of not believing anything about this mess unless I see it on our web site. 

I still need to figure out how, and, if to tell the brother he had a bad news source. (?) Maybe I'll privately talk to the WT conductor. I saw him have that look on his face. Maybe he already did. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

It's a shame when brothers and sisters get over-eager and forward information without checking the source. I think letting someone know quickly that what they have sent is fake news is a kind thing to do as it will stop them from sending it to more brothers and sisters and hopefully, they will remember to check the source before sending something next time. As long as you do it in a kind loving way, I cannot see anyone getting offended, they would probably feel bad for being the person responsible for sending fake news. just my thoughts. 

Also on this site. Word for word reporting with the link above.

http://states-tv.com/breaking-ban-on-jehovahs-witnesses-in-russia-lifted/

The site looks queer, imo. Seems like a case of link baiting but on Google search it's tagged "breaking news."

For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:6).

Here is some interesting information about fake news..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fake_news

Look at the subheading about Identifying. 

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Nnaemeka said:

Also on this site. Word for word reporting with the link above.

http://states-tv.com/breaking-ban-on-jehovahs-witnesses-in-russia-lifted/

The site looks queer, imo. Seems like a case of link baiting but on Google search it's tagged "breaking news."

I suggest we hold back on publishing info that that gives off strange odors. Our Russian page  https://www.jw-russia.org/    Has nothing even indicating that such is a possibility let alone a fact at this point.

Look at the section below this fake news at "What Others Are Reading." As you say looks queer. Smells bad.

Again like I asked Loopy, where do you get these things?

Do you make an effort to check this out before putting it on our plate?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

We have to be so careful with links to odd looking news websites and pasting in cribbed genuine news photographs, but are not related to the actual story they are peddling.

If it isn't properly addressed, then it's trying to be something it isn't. If you've never heard of it, then it's likely not real.

Hackers and malware pushers can use these sites to lure folk to click on them and then you could be a victim of the nasty ransom-ware/malware that is happening all over the World at the moment.

Lot's of businesses here in UK, even small family businesses, have had their PC's overcome for ransom and even when they have paid the ransom, their PC's are not recovered or only partly recovered and the nasty people demand more money to release the PC, but the data may be lost if it's not backed up and the 'back up' unplugged from the on-line system.

Take care and don't pass the dodgy links around either!

Shame on the wicked people using the fate of our dear brothers and sisters in Russia as click bait!

And I hardly think that the world would get information (accurate information that is) before we would as via the slave. 

Wait. Don't for a moment think this was a light bulb went off moment for me. For as regards Russia for instance, I had to learn it the hard way. Remember that picture of our so-called letters to Russia, but they were really Christmas cards? 

We, I, have to be sooo careful. 

9 hours ago, Toy Poodles said:

I just received this link and came here to see if it is true.

http://houstonchronicle-tv.com/breaking-good-news-to-the-jehovahs-witnesses-in-russia-as-ban-is-lifted/

So has this been researched yet to be fake fir sure?

I saw this last week and researched it. It was the only place I found it so assumed it was fake. It appears it has now been duplicated on a number of sites. 

This is starting to get very frustrating. If you can't confirm it's real for yourself, please don't bother sharing it or asking for confirmation.

This not just directed at you, Deeana. Too many brothers are putting up links to fake news and asking others to check it out. If we find something, surely it is our responsibility to research it, not expect others to do it for us. 

Sorry for the rant.  I love you all. XO

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I saw this last week and researched it. It was the only place I found it so assumed it was fake. It appears it has now been duplicated on a number of sites. 
This is starting to get very frustrating. If you can't confirm it's real for yourself, please don't bother sharing it or asking for confirmation.
This not just directed at you, Deeana. Too many brothers are putting up links to fake news and asking others to check it out. If we find something, surely it is our responsibility to research it, not expect others to do it for us. 

You're right. We need to make sure not to forward just anything. We could be accused of being liars.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

12 hours ago, retroHelen said:

Lot's of businesses here in UK, even small family businesses, have had their PC's overcome for ransom and even when they have paid the ransom, their PC's are not recovered or only partly recovered

Sorry, not trying to get off-topic here, but just learned the other day to NEVER pay the ransom in the 1st place and do not call them..your computer will NOT be fixed!

With regards news stories as important as this one, we get our news straight from the "horses' mouth" - jw.org, or the Russian version jw-russia.org.  If someone passes you a link, don't pass it on.  It's not likely to be sanctioned or real.  Only one source, it keeps us united, remember?  I'm starting to see this tendency to proclaim some insider news without checking first will be the undoing of some in the GT when they receive the wrong message.  All of us can fall for these seemingly credible news sources, so we all have to remember:

For the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets - Amos 3:7

We have just identified so much fake news on this topic alone. Even once trusted news sites are not checking the facts before spreading false links.

It's scary how everyday people without the warnings and shrewdness that we on here are having to develop, can be so duped by all the other fake stuff out there.

Another 'Sign of the Times' of how enemies are 'mudding up the waters' so that no one can be sure of accessing a clear trusted source for information any more and come the Great Tribulation, they will have no where to turn for true advice/instructions to save themselves - even worse than today.

Edited by retroHelen

19 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

ab.cnews. Very suspicious. Looks like it is trying to be legit. This is bad stuff. A brother repeated a comment that was, "untrue" news at the WT study last week. My heart sunk. It was regarding Mr. Trump taking a stand against Russia because of what is going with us in Russia. I'm about to the point of not believing anything about this mess unless I see it on our web site. 

I still need to figure out how, and, if to tell the brother he had a bad news source. (?) Maybe I'll privately talk to the WT conductor. I saw him have that look on his face. Maybe he already did. 

Is 'the news' another one of those mountains that are melting these days? It was only - what - two? three? years ago that if you read something in 'the news,' it was valid. (unless it was being spun by official liars)

Given the new reality that reading news is playing Russia roulette, I'll take the Trump story, fake though it may be. Okay, he didn't speak out against the Russian ban of Jehovah's Witnesses. But the story plants the clear notion that he should. 

Now it is only a matter of time before some poor body of elders must deal with NBC or someone trying to set up shop in their foyer so that they can broadcast "Live from the Kingdom Hall."

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

9 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Oh, yeah. That Houston story was a beaut. The Russian judges reconsidered their decision after reviewing their constitution. Of course! They hadn't noticed any conflict at all previously.

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

After the Supreme Court decision in the school has increased the pressure on the children of Jehovah's Witnesses

https://jw-russia.org/news/17051512-161.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

New cases of vandalism against Jehovah's Witnesses: Voronezh, Sverdlovsk region

May 15, 2017

https://jw-russia.org/news/17051514-163.html

Has anyone checked our brother Anton's blog on Facebook today? It seems Ukraine has a bill to ban and seize properties of the ROC in Ukraine! Very interesting..Kirill is appealing to some who spoke in favor of lifting our ban! :lol:

Screenshot_2017-05-17-16-13-55-1.png

Screenshot_2017-05-17-16-06-38-1.png

Screenshot_2017-05-17-16-09-47.png

Screenshot_2017-05-17-16-11-49-1.png

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Given the new normal that reading the news today is like playing Russian Roulette, I'll take the Trump story,  fake news though it is.  No, he did not speak out in favor of Jehovah's Witnesses. But the story plants the clear notion that he should.

Is 'the news' another one of those biblical hills that melt's in the last days? One more thing that people at one time could depend upon, but now requires a person to be Sherlock Holmes to judge its truthfulness.

Another from Newsweek:
I'm starting to wonder if this reporter has some connections to us:

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES IN RUSSIA HAVE HOUSE BURNED DOWN, WORSHIP HALLS LIQUIDATED WHILE PREPARING BAN APPEAL

BY JASON LE MIERE ON 5/17/17 AT 6:07 PM

In the weeks since Russia’s Supreme Court upheld a ban on all its activities in the country, Jehovah’s Witnesses have been subjected to a wave of violence and intimidation with no protection from the police, the group has claimed. At the same time, even though the order was not legally due to take effect until after an appeal is heard, the group says it has received documentation that its ownership of many of its 395 local chapters, including its St. Petersburg headquarters, has been stricken from legal documents.

http://www.newsweek.com/jehovahs-witnesses-russia-ban-court-611138

5 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

Another from Newsweek:
I'm starting to wonder if this reporter has some connections to us:

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES IN RUSSIA HAVE HOUSE BURNED DOWN, WORSHIP HALLS LIQUIDATED WHILE PREPARING BAN APPEAL

BY JASON LE MIERE ON 5/17/17 AT 6:07 PM

In the weeks since Russia’s Supreme Court upheld a ban on all its activities in the country, Jehovah’s Witnesses have been subjected to a wave of violence and intimidation with no protection from the police, the group has claimed. At the same time, even though the order was not legally due to take effect until after an appeal is heard, the group says it has received documentation that its ownership of many of its 395 local chapters, including its St. Petersburg headquarters, has been stricken from legal documents.

http://www.newsweek.com/jehovahs-witnesses-russia-ban-court-611138

If you go to our Russian website..choose menu/legal standing, there are several accounts of our persecution there..probably one of the sources for some news media reports...also jw.org.

https://jw-russia.org/news/17040510-129.html

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif