JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1405 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 13.05.2017 at 3:51 PM, Samira said:

2000 Delegates from Russia are invited to the Russian Convention in Germany....

Jehovah is looking after our Brother's.....

They have the opportunity to take everything they heard back to their home congregation......

Jehovah will help them with their memory.....

Sounds good..... for those who can pay for international passports, visas and tickets. ...

"Absolute rubbish”

Sounds good..... for those who can pay for international passports, visas and tickets. ...

Yes, it was very much an emergency solution, but the program will somehow be conveyed to everyone who wishes to partake of it, I'm sure.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/events/jw-convention-yangon-myanmar-2014/

In the above video about the Myanmar international convention, I fondly remember what several sisters had to do who lived far away from the convention venue and what great efforts they did to get there, namely, 1) They made it a matter of prayer to Jehovah and 2) because of their love for Jehovah and faith in Jesus, they worked in harmony with that prayer to attain their spiritual goal.  Indeed, they had motivation and determination. 

And please recall what our Lord and Savior told us in the following scriptures:

In reply Jesus said to them: “Have faith in God. Truly I say to you that whoever tells this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but has faith that what he says is going to happen, he will have it happen. This is why I tell you, all the things you pray and ask for, have faith that you have received them, and you will have them. -- Mark 11: 22-24.

Yes, faith can move mountains.  Take encourage my dear sister!  :bible2:

Can also please confirm if this story is true. A brother in our Congregation claims he was reliably told that Trump visited the kingdom hall. I searched the web and saw this: http://latestinfoandmore.blogspot.com/2017/04/russia-ban-of-jehovahs-witnesses-trump.html?m=1

He was not the one that gave me this, but I was thinking this may be his source. I ll still check from him. But can someone confirm if the info is true.

Sent from my TECNO DP7CPRO using Tapatalk

But can someone confirm if the info is true.

Sent from my TECNO DP7CPRO using Tapatalk

It's fake. Fake news is a real problem these days. They tend to spread like wildfire.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

See the fake news thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

http://jwtalk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/30871-[FAKE-NEWS]-Trump-consoles-Jehovah’s-Witnesses-on-Russia-ban-as-he-worships-with-them

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fjwtalk%2Enet%2Fforums%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F30871-%5BFAKE-NEWS%5D-Trump-consoles-Jehovah%E2%80%99s-Witnesses-on-Russia-ban-as-he-worships-with-them&share_tid=30871&share_fid=69068&share_type=t

[FAKE NEWS] Trump consoles Jehovah’s Witnesses on Russia ban as he worships with them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wonder what the Russian police officer who praised Jehovah's people and wondered how we could possibly have been banned in the first place

thinks of this latest ban?:(

On 6/23/2016 at 1:26 AM, Friends just call me Ross said:

I just finished watching one of our older videos: United By Divine Teaching

At the 1993 Divine Teaching International Convention in Kiev,

a policeman noticed our peace and unity and said

that he couldn't understand why we were ever under ban there.  

A reporter said we were living proof that people from various races and nationalities can live peacefully together.

And yet, the persecution is  happening there all over again.:unsure:

The video said that the largest number ever baptized was 7,402 at this Kiev Convention, and that the audience continued to applaud for the entire two and a half hours it took the sixty baptizers to get them all dunked.  A nice sized congregation emerged from the pools every few minutes.^_^

I vaguely remember reading about this when it happened.

Does anyone know if this amazing record still stands, today?:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

http://kafanews.com/novosti/132380/krymskie-sotsialnye-slushby-pereedut-v-zdaniya-svideteley-iegovy_2017-05-13

in Crimea, activists are already asking/demanding that Kingdom Halls be given to social services to use.

The howl of all the activists of Popular Front offered to give the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of premises belonging to the religious organization of Jehovah's Witnesses, whose activities have recently banned on the territory of Russia. At the same time, activists stressed that members of the organization were neat rooms all over the Crimea. 
Источник: http://kafanews.com/novosti/132380/krymskie-sotsialnye-slushby-pereedut-v-zdaniya-svideteley-iegovy_2017-05-13

4 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Wonder what the Russian police officer who praised Jehovah's people and wondered how we could possibly have been banned in the first place

thinks of this latest ban?:(

Kiev is a capital of Ukraine, not Russia.:lol: 

"Absolute rubbish”

7 minutes ago, Loopy said:

http://ab.cnewsgo.com/christians-in-russia-protest-against-jehovahs-witnesses-ban/

Something I just found. Hopefully, not "fake" news.

The first clue is the period between the b and c in ABC....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

56 minutes ago, Loopy said:

http://ab.cnewsgo.com/christians-in-russia-protest-against-jehovahs-witnesses-ban/

49 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Looks like click bait to me. My guess is that it is FAKE NEWS>

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

2 hours ago, Loopy said:

At least this very last sentence would be true:

Quote.gif.fd40dd0590fc5b4d480e2c0a2006dba7.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 13/05/2017 at 1:51 PM, Samira said:

2000 Delegates from Russia are invited to the Russian Convention in Germany....

Jehovah is looking after our Brother's.....

They have the opportunity to take everything they heard back to their home congregation......

Jehovah will help them with their memory.....

Samira, 

The same thing i was told

from Georgian brother I spoke yesterday. He told me that bruthers are invited to Georgia for the convention. He said that Georgian brothers are organising everything to accommodate Russian brothers in houses of Georgian brothers. This is not a little thing. Why? Because of political situation between them.

The last time war took place in 2008 when Russian military went to north Georgia and destroyed everything and killed innocent civilians. For this reason and for the similar history in the past, Russians and Georgians do not particularly like  each other but our Russian and Georgian  brothers love each other! Few years back, when Georgian brothers were persecuted, Russian brothers were inviting Georgian brothers to Convention. But how's Now?  Georgian brothers  invite Russian brothers  to accommodate them  in their own homes in Georgia,  showing true love and hospitality to Russian brothers. This fact will be great witness to all, especially for Georgian population including the orthodox Church members as they all will see the true brotherly love! (John 13:34,35). 

Where can we find such love between one and other? Nowhere! Only Jehovah's people have the genuine love to the neighbors and brothers. 

Edited by Zacchaeus The Short

Spelling

6 hours ago, rocket said:

Looks like click bait to me. My guess is that it is FAKE NEWS>

Not only is the link misleading for this posted news report, but the many Anarchist flags flying among the protestors in the photograph is another clue that this is fake news.

Edited by retroHelen

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

The part that sounds fake to me is the statements saying that people from other Christian denominations would not stand by while our rights are infringed upon. Not impossible, but highly improbable and not likely. Sure, you will have individuals from other denominations come to our defense,  but I don't believe members from other denominations have organized protests in our defense.  

Edited by Bob

1 hour ago, Bob said:

The part that sounds fake to me is the statements saying that people from other Christian denominations would not stand by while our rights are infringed upon. Not impossible, but highly improbable and not likely. Sure, you will have individuals from other denominations come to our defense,  but I don't believe members from other denominations have organized protests in our defense.  

Totally agreed. Based on my experience in Indonesia when we were banned in mid 1970s till early 2000s, the instigators were Christendom churches. These churches are now concerned given the rise of hard line Islamic groups in Indonesia as they find it increasingly more difficult to build churches. However, their difficulties are nothing compared what the Witnesses endured during the ban period. 

They will be used as an example by the speaker, saying "here our Russian brothers and sisters..." Brother Johan

Not sure I get what you mean still, but the conventions will be entirely in Russian. They are arranged by the Governing Body for the Russian brothers.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”