JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1393 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

14 minutes ago, Marius said:

Will be an appeal 13 june 2017. This link on the Supreme Court

03/15/2017 AKPI17-238 Judicial board on administrative matters. The first instance. 
The applicant (petitioner / plaintiff administrative): Ministry of Justice of Russia. The defendant / respondent administrative: Religious Organizations "Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia." 
According to the suit: on the recognition of religious organizations "Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia" extremist, banning activities on the Elimination of 
20.04.2017 suit completely satisfied 
movement in the case of:
15/03/2017 Transfer judge 
16/03/2017 Accepted for production 
05/04/2017 at 10:00 The court session - Break 
04.06.2017 14:00 The court session - Break 
04.07.2017 10:00 The court session - Break 
12.04.2017 10:00 The court session - Break 
19.04.2017 10:00 The court session - Break 
20.04. 2017 at 14:00 The court session - completely satisfied lawsuit 
28/04/2017 at 14:00 Back to the Office
04/27/2017 APL17-176 Board of Appeals of the Supreme Court of the
applicant (petitioner / plaintiff administrative): Shaposhnikov Sergey Leonidovich. 
According to the suit: the entry in the administrative proceedings as an interested party 

movement in the case of:
06/13/2017 at 11:35 Hearing
04/27/2017 APL17-177 Board of Appeals of the Supreme Court of the
applicant (petitioner / plaintiff administrative): A religious organization "Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia." 
According to the suit: on suspension of administrative proceedings 

in the case Movement:
06/13/2017 at 11:40 Hearing

Google translate version. 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

04/27/2017 APL17-176 Appeal of the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation 
The applicant (plaintiff / administrative plaintiff): Sergei Shaposhnikov. 
On the suit: on joining an administrative case as an interested person 

Movement on the case: 
06/13/2017 at 11:35 Hearing
04/27/2017 APL17-177 Appeal of the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation 
Applicant (plaintiff / administrative plaintiff): Religious organization "Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia". 
On the suit: on the suspension of proceedings in the administrative case 

Movement on the case: 
06/13/2017 at 11:40 Hearing

It seems as if Newsweek is closely observing these events

IT’S NOT JUST JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES: BEFORE BAN, RUSSIA AMONG BIGGEST ABUSERS OF RELIGIOUS FREEDOM

BY JASON LE MIERE ON 4/26/17 AT 12:55 PM

http://www.newsweek.com/jehovahs-witnesses-ban-russia-religion-590350

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Another from Newsweek:

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES BAN:
RUSSIAN CATHOLICS CONDEMN OUTLAWING OF CHRISTIAN GROUP

Russia’s Catholic Church has condemned the country’s decision to ban the activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses, claiming the move represents a threat to all religious freedom. Russia’s Supreme Court last month upheld a justice ministry decision that outlawed Jehovah’s Witnesses under the allegation that the Christian denomination violated an anti-extremism law.

http://www.newsweek.com/jehovahs-witnesses-ban-russia-catholic-593082

Another from Newsweek:

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES BAN:
RUSSIAN CATHOLICS CONDEMN OUTLAWING OF CHRISTIAN GROUP

Russia’s Catholic Church has condemned the country’s decision to ban the activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses, claiming the move represents a threat to all religious freedom. Russia’s Supreme Court last month upheld a justice ministry decision that outlawed Jehovah’s Witnesses under the allegation that the Christian denomination violated an anti-extremism law.

http://www.newsweek.com/jehovahs-witnesses-ban-russia-catholic-593082

He had some great points.

“The law must apply fairly to everyone … the law may be hard, but it’s still the law. I think the government owes everyone a precise explanation why this group is being liquidated,” Mgr Kovalevsky said.

Of course, we know why. These brothers work closely together with those "who have the work of witnessing concerning Jesus". (Re 19:10)

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I'm surprised they gave the brothers so much time between the court case and appeal, I figured since the "fix  was in" they would announce the appeal two days before it was to begin.  Glad they are getting a break, but they've been so well prepared I doubt they needed all this extra time - but I know who does need it - the MOJ!  I doubt she can walk into this court without any evidence or paperwork or proof of anything "extremist" and get away with it so easily.

Plus the added benefit for several weeks of witnessing to others about this case who are curious (both for our brothers in Russia and others around the world).

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

https://www.jw-russia.org/news/17050317-154.html

Sergiev Posad is continuing the criminal proceedings against the elders of the Jehovah's Witnesses religion

On 3 and 4 May 2017 in the city of Sergiev Posad court scheduled the continuation of the hearing of the criminal case against Vyacheslav Stepanov and Andrew Sivak from the local Christian congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Believers are accused of "extremist activity". Record their Bible-based preaching peace have focused on the study "expert" who has no relevant qualifications, but it is known for its ability to look for "signs of extremism" in the publications of Jehovah's Witnesses. In court, the believers were asked to appoint a new expert examination in an authoritative institution. The court sent the recording to the Federal State Institution "Russian Federal Forensic Center at the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation."

In this case, no victims have not committed any crime, instigators of which would be made by the believers. They were victims of criminal prosecution only because of their faith.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Today for 1st time high Russian official acknowledged arrival of many letters from abroad to President etc.https://youtu.be/E14jTFNp1zM  #jwrussia

From Twitter

~We were sent to preach not to judge~ 

~Be kind to one another because all of us are suffering one way or another. This is our refuge from oppression~

:) 

1 minute ago, Sally said:
Today for 1st time high Russian official acknowledged arrival of many letters from abroad to President etc.https://youtu.be/E14jTFNp1zM  #jwrussia

Can someone translate this for us so we can verify what he is saying?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

36 minutes ago, Victoria said:

You mean a Regional Convention in Russia? I am sure it is impossible.

Hi Victoria..I was not aware you have no RCs..

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

http://www.sova-center.ru/misuse/news/persecution/2017/05/

Head of the local religious organization being punished for holding the meeting after the suspension of its activities.

May 3, 2017 Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Tyva reported that April 19, 2017 the magistrate court plot number 2 Kyzyl acknowledged leader of a local religious organization of Jehovah's Witnesses guilty of an administrative offense under Part. 1 tbsp. 20.28 of the Administrative Code (organization of activity of a religious association, in respect of which the decision to suspend its activities). He was fined 1 thousand. Rubles.

Office informs that on April 5, the duty of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the city received a telephone message that in the house on the street Churguy-ool in Kyzyl " people gather, talk on religious issues, as well as discussing the topic of a possible end of the world ." Law enforcement officers found that the premises owned by a local religious organization "Jehovah's Witnesses in Kyzyl".

Activities of the Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses and rights within its structure of local religious organizations were suspended Russian Ministry of Justice March 15, 2017 in connection with the appeal of the Ministry in the Supreme court to eliminate them. Later, on April 20, this claim has been satisfied .

From our point of view, the elimination of Jehovah's Witnesses for extremism, persecution of members of their communities and the text bans have no legal basis and are a clear manifestation of religious discrimination.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Can someone translate this for us so we can verify what he is saying?

That point started at 3:12 and finished at 5:15.

The priest asked a lower, who is also  a member of the Human Rights Council under the President of the Russian Federation, if he knows about the letter campaign. 

He said yes, he knows about that campaign, then he mentioned a "news" about Guinness book with a bit of smile.
Then he said that he was a representative of his committee at the court for some time, not all the time, surely. 

He also said  that they will discuss the situation with human rights in Russia at the session of the commission.

That's all.

Edited by campanula

English grammar

"Absolute rubbish”

36 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Hi:-)It got hard to have conventions since 2009.  We kept the place of the conventions a big secret. Last year we didn't have a real convention and I am afraid we won't have it till the end of this system.

Maybe this year, i think that we will have RC on group of 10-15 members. And it will be records.

I am sure the governing body will arrange Russian RC's  outside of Russia ... They will make sure that our brothers will be very well  fed. The surrounding countries are well aware of the issues, and it will be a black eye to the government to see that their citizens can only worship in a foreign land. Believe it, this fight is far from over.... 

Edited by Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

12 minutes ago, Lance said:

I am sure the governing body will arrange Russian RC's  outside of Russia ... They will make sure that our brothers will be very well  fed. The surrounding countries are well aware of the issues, and it will be a black eye to the government to see that their citizens can only worship in a foreign land. Believe it, this fight is far from over.... 

So true we already have been told a RC is in the works in a neighbouring country preparations are already underway.  Jehovah doesn't fool around he's a God of action. 

Our neighbouring country is China. Do you think we will have a RC there? :-)

Going abroad is very expensive. Even if we are invited to another country  very few of us can go.

BTW we wanted to go to Kazakhstan Special convention but we are not invited:-( So all we'll have is what Marius told you about.

5 hours ago, Victoria said:

Our neighbouring country is China. Do you think we will have a RC there? :-)

Going abroad is very expensive. Even if we are invited to another country  very few of us can go.

BTW we wanted to go to Kazakhstan Special convention but we are not invited:-( So all we'll have is what Marius told you about.

7 hours ago, Marius said:

Maybe this year, i think that we will have RC on group of 10-15 members. And it will be records.

Of course we would like you to join the Convention together with thousands of other brothers. But remember that even in a small group, we will be united with you and with millions of other brothers receiving this important spiritual food. We will always remember you in our prayers. "For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst." 

It is a situation that all of us, sooner or later, we too can pass. .

RUSSIA RELIGION NEWS

Jehovah's Witnesses' appeal to be heard in Supreme Court

Hearings in the Appellate College of the Supreme Court of the Russian federation on the appeal in the case of the "Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia" have been scheduled for 13 June 2017 at 11:40.

http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/170502d.html

8 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

On CNN interview Anderson Cooper discussed with Senator John McCain Angela Merkel addressing Putin regarding human rights with gays in Chechnya and Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

At 2:30 mark of video clip

Well I doubt that there are gays in Chechnya. Anyway comparing JWs with gays is not a good thing in Russia. VERY FEW people will protect gays. I am afraid I can't explain it but believe me it doesn't sound good.

On 4.5.2017 at 8:38 AM, Lance said:

I live in Finland and there will be russian RC in Helsinki at the summer in Jäähalli. Maximum capasity is around 8000.