JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1392 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Not for nothing the FDS use 2 different terms - Christianity and Christendom - the first for the true Christian religion and the other for the so called Christian religions (that deviated from the first century followers of Jesus.

In Swedish, the terms used are "kristendom" (for true Christians), and "kristenheten" for false Christians.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 4/30/2017 at 9:35 AM, Hartley said:

I understand the judge is supposed to provide a written statement as to his reasoning for this judgement within 5 working days, Has this happened yet. I have not seen anything yet?

Time will tell   ???   https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fjw-russia.org%2Fnews%2F17050117-152.html&edit-text=&act=url

There are talks between President Putin and Angela Merkel going on in Sochi. She specifically mentioned in a joint press conference that they had discussed how gays and Jehovahs Witnesses are being treated in Russia. This of course is in addition to other things.

Of course the BBC ticker along the bottom ignored the mention of Jehovahs Witnesses.  I noticed that also when reiterating what she said the news person once again mentioned the treatment of gays was discussed and no mention that they also discussed Jehovahs Witnesses. 

Edited by Mykyl

28 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

There are talks between President Putin and Angela Merkel going on in Sochi. She specifically mentioned in a joint press conference that they had discussed how gays and Jehovahs Witnesses are being treated in Russia. This of course is in addition to other things.

Of course the BBC ticker along the bottom ignored the mention of Jehovahs Witnesses.  I noticed that also when reiterating what she said the news person once again mentioned the treatment of gays was discussed and no mention that they also discussed Jehovahs Witnesses. 

It will come as no great surprise that the BBC has many homosexual persons scriptwriting and heading departments these days, they always like to push their case eh?

45 minutes ago, BibleSteve said:

It will come as no great surprise that the BBC has many homosexual persons scriptwriting and heading departments these days, they always like to push their case eh?

What stood out to me is that both were directly mentioned in the same sentence yet half that sentence was ignored. It doesn't surprise me. We know where things are going.

Edited by Mykyl

Independent picked up the mention of Jehovah's Witnesses: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/angela-merkel-vladimir-putin-russia-talks-chechnya-gay-people-germany-ukraine-sanctions-syria-assad-a7713511.html 

“I (Merkel) asked Mr Putin to use his influence to protect these minority rights, as well as in the case of Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

Russia’s Supreme Court recently banned the Christian sect as an “extremist organisation”, placing it under the same laws as Isis and Nazis.

Edited by Skye

23 minutes ago, campanula said:

Wow, how sad....

May we share this?

Where did it come from?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

29 minutes ago, campanula said:

Definitely sad. How having to leave Bethel must have broke their hearts. But Jehovah hasn't left them. We don't know Jehovah's whole plan here, but we're sure he will soon carry it out....and soon. :heart:

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Independent picked up the mention of Jehovah's Witnesses: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/angela-merkel-vladimir-putin-russia-talks-chechnya-gay-people-germany-ukraine-sanctions-syria-assad-a7713511.html 

“I (Merkel) asked Mr Putin to use his influence to protect these minority rights, as well as in the case of Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

Russia’s Supreme Court recently banned the Christian sect as an “extremist organisation”, placing it under the same laws as Isis and Nazis.

From the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/02/angela-merkel-vladimir-putin-russia-investigate-lgbt-torture-claims-chechnya

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Let's see if POTUS is as direct as Madam Merkel on his phone call today:

President Donald Trump has scheduled another phone call with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The White House did not immediately respond to questions about the expected topics of the conversation.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/latest-trump-campaign-runs-15m-tv-ad-100-47125517

“It is important to have the right to demonstrate in a democracy, and the role of NGOs is very important,” Merkel said.

“I asked Mr Putin to utilise his influence to protect these minority rights, as well as in the case of Jehovah’s Witnesses,” she said. Russia’s supreme court banned the religious organisation last month, branding it an “extremist organisation” and giving it the same status as Isis and Nazi groups.

I think because the truth is the center of our lives we might not quite realize the enormity of what we are witnessing here.  We kind of think, well of course a Head of State will mention us, we represent Jehovah God and a gross injustice has been done... but the reality is the witness that is being given is ENORMOUS, totally unheard of.  We are a tiny tiny minority and to be mentioned on the world scene in this kind of high profile international discussion by the most powerful people on the planet is absolutely  unexpected.    We are witnessing great things here, theocratically historic events and I think I am beginning to understand why Jehovah has permitted this to happen to our dear friends in Russia.

There are angels at work here and I am not talking about Angela.  (Matthew 10:18)

g1CBJ6.png

Edited by sunshine

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:13 PM, Thesauron said:

In Swedish, the terms used are "kristendom" (for true Christians), and "kristenheten" for false Christians.

Johan

Interesting. In Romanian we use it as in English. I mean, as it is used in this article...

*** g71 4/8 p. 5 I Was an Atheist ***
Christendom Not the Same as Christianity
He told me that we first had to distinguish between true and false worship before we could judge the matter. He said that even if so-called Christianity proved to be false and unreliable, it did not mean that there is no true and reliable Christianity. “There is a great difference between Christendom and Christianity,” he said. “Christianity cannot be condemned by what Christendom says or does.”
Pointing to the distinction between Christendom and true Christianity, he observed: “It is true that Christendom has suppressed people, but not Christianity; that Christendom has waged war, but not Christianity; that Christendom has failed to stop the moral breakdown, but not Christianity. The Bible does not support Christendom. On the contrary, it prophetically condemns Christendom.

By the way, it seems that we used to send letters for different types of campaigns...

*** yb75 pp. 228-229 Part 3—United States of America ***
On Sunday, April 3, 1955, a bold proclamation of judgment was delivered against Christendom, and, in fact, the entire system of false religion. This was done by the simultaneous delivery of a public address by Christian speakers in many languages throughout the earth. That powerful lecture entitled “Christendom or Christianity—Which One Is ‘the Light of the World’?” was heard by over a half million persons.
Jehovah’s servants were eager to let the people know that Christendom is a false light. In time, the Watch Tower Society met the great demand for this message in booklet form by publishing 22,000,000 copies in thirty languages. Eager to share in its distribution, thousands of new publishers participated in the field service for the first time during April 1955. That month an all-time peak of 625,256 Kingdom publishers was reached throughout the world. In late July 1955, Jehovah’s witnesses mailed letters and these forceful booklets to clergymen and editors.

*** yb82 p. 213 Italy ***
SPECIAL BOOKLET CAMPAIGN
There were two important events in 1955. The first of these was a special worldwide campaign with the booklet Christendom or Christianity—Which One Is “the Light of the World”? Every publisher was asked to distribute 30 copies of the booklet, and all the members of the clergy in the country were to receive a copy by mail. It required an enormous amount of work to obtain all the addresses and send out 100,000 copies, each with an accompanying letter.

I would be very curious to know more about our letter campaign in behalf of our Brothers in Russia. In any case, an obvious result is a huge witnessing for the nations!!!

Edited by Daniela

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

On 4/25/2017 at 4:18 PM, Victoria said:

Thank you! But I am a coward so I am afraid of police, of vandals and so on. I am not afraid of dogs though:-) I love them

"For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice, but one of power and of love and of soundness of mind." ---  2Tim. 1:7

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

5 hours ago, campanula said:

:cry::pray::cry::nope::cry::pray::cry:

Very sad indeed!

I pray for those Bethelites! My heart is crying ... I know that Jehovah will comfort them and take care of them. But that video makes my heart crying...

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

New York Times

EUROPE

Merkel Presses Putin on Treatment of Gays and Jehovah’s Witnesses

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/02/world/europe/merkel-putin-russia.html

Momentum....

New York Times

EUROPE

Merkel Presses Putin on Treatment of Gays and Jehovah’s Witnesses

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/02/world/europe/merkel-putin-russia.html

Momentum....

Reuters

Putin, Merkel struggle to move past differences in tense meeting

By Andreas Rinke and Denis Pinchuk | SOCHI, RUSSIA

Those include reports, denied by the local authorities, that homosexuals are being detained and tortured in the Russian region of Chechnya, and a Supreme Court ruling last month banning the Jehovah's Witnesses religious group as extremist.

“I have in my talks with the Russian president indicated how important the right to demonstrate is in a civil society and how important the role of NGOs is," Merkel said.

"We have heard some very negative reports about the treatment of homosexuals in Chechnya and I asked President Vladimir Putin to use his influence to guarantee minority rights here as well as with Jehovah's witnesses."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-germany-putin-syria-idUSKBN17Y1JC