JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1392 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 minute ago, Alexa said:

I am so sorry for your condition sis Victoria :( 

Alexa, very soon ALL of us will be in the same condition when GT starts...

What happened in Russia "woke" me up so to speak about reality of GT and need for endurance..

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Moreover, brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who are sleeping in death, so that you may not sorrow as the rest do who have no hope.....1 Thessalonians 4:13

"Let them stay ignorant!" says the Russian government. "Besides, maybe the house church will explain it someday."

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

1 minute ago, Victoria said:

Thanks! I think I still did not realize JWs are banned totally. I don't know why it is hard to believe.

Text in red offers very wise advice Victoria.

Religious persecution is harassment or injury deliberately inflicted on people because of their faith or beliefs. Its purpose is to stamp out such beliefs, prevent their spread, or break the integrity of believers. Persecution can take various forms, some overt, some subtle. The Bible likens Satan’s attacks to those of both a young lion and a cobra.—Read Psalm 91:13.
3 Like a savage lion, Satan has often made open, frontal attacks by means of violence, imprisonment, or ban. (Ps. 94:20) Yearbook reports describing acts of Jehovah’s Witnesses in modern times contain numerous accounts of such tactics. Lawless mobs, some led by clergymen or political fanatics, have mistreated God’s people in many places. These lionlike attacks have caused a few to stumble. Like a cobra, the Devil also launches treacherous strikes from hidden places in order to poison minds and deceive people into doing his will. This type of attack is designed to weaken or corrupt us spiritually. But by means of God’s holy spirit, we can withstand both forms of persecution.
4 Imagining different scenarios of possible future persecution is not the best way to prepare for it. The fact is that we simply cannot know what the future holds in such matters, so there is little to be gained from worrying about things that may never happen. There is, however, something that we can do. Most of those who have successfully endured persecution have done so by meditating on the faithful course of integrity keepers, as recorded in the Scriptures, as well as on the teachings and example of Jesus. This has enabled them to deepen their love for Jehovah. That love, in turn, helped them to resist whatever trials came their way. W11 1/15

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Thanks! I think I still did not realize JWs are banned totally. I don't know why it is hard to believe.

Change is constant sis victoria, our Organization and Jehovah will help you to benefit fully and enjoy serving him :) 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

1 minute ago, Luezette said:

So since they're damaging their now own state property, it's typical of Satan's worshippers getting out of hand. It's called confusion. 

I think Satan has hatred for any property used for Jehovah's worship! He is a psychopath! :wall:

There is no "sense" in ANY activity that he does.

Yes Bea, the slave said (forgot where in what publication) that it's a possibility that Jesus was the angel who killed those 185,000 Assyrians.

And further they also said that when the Israelites were led out of Egypt via the Red Sea, it's possible it was Jesus.

Want more? Remember King Melchizedek? The slave also said that it's possible that it was one of Noah's sons...Shem.

AFTER BAN, JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES IN RUSSIA HARASSED BY POLICE DURING RELIGIOUS SERVICES

http://www.newsweek.com/jehovahs-witnesses-russia-ban-police-589791

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Co worker said Catholic Church watching events closely!

The faith, which comprises 175,000 members in Russia and has been active in the country since 1991, has yet to receive the written decision from the court, which it needs in order to launch an appeal, something which it has said it will do.

In the meantime, the group's bank accounts in Russia have already been frozen and most kingdom halls, where members gather for services and prayer, have ceased activity. Where local chapters have remained operating, an intimidatory police presence is being felt, said spokesman for Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia, Yaroslav Sivulskiy.“We expect that the police will be very active to interrupt meetings,” he told Newsweek Tuesday. “We've already started to receive reports in some places that meetings were disrupted. They take personal data, like copies of personal identity, of who was there. And after that, they let them go, but they want to know who attends those meetings.”

Johan

AFTER BAN, JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES IN RUSSIA HARASSED BY POLICE DURING RELIGIOUS SERVICES

http://www.newsweek.com/jehovahs-witnesses-russia-ban-police-589791

Co worker said Catholic Church watching events closely!

The faith, which comprises 175,000 members in Russia and has been active in the country since 1991, has yet to receive the written decision from the court, which it needs in order to launch an appeal, something which it has said it will do.

In the meantime, the group's bank accounts in Russia have already been frozen and most kingdom halls, where members gather for services and prayer, have ceased activity. Where local chapters have remained operating, an intimidatory police presence is being felt, said spokesman for Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia, Yaroslav Sivulskiy.“We expect that the police will be very active to interrupt meetings,” he told Newsweek Tuesday. “We've already started to receive reports in some places that meetings were disrupted. They take personal data, like copies of personal identity, of who was there. And after that, they let them go, but they want to know who attends those meetings.”

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 minute ago, Luezette said:

Yes Bea, the slave said (forgot where in what publication) that it's a possibility that Jesus was the angel who killed those 185,000 Assyrians.

And further they also said that when the Israelites were led out of Egypt via the Red Sea, it's possible it was Jesus.

Want more? Remember King Melchizedek? The slave also said that it's possible that it was one of Noah's sons...Shem.

Time for research on King Melchizedek. That was new! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

5 minutes ago, campanula said:

Someone was interested how is that feels under ban.

See what I'm currently doing - preparing for unwishing visitors.

Cleaning up my PC and storing up all my precious memory in clouds...  (30 GB already ::o

Cleaning up my home for the case of searching it through and getting ready for planting false evidenses.....

Actually I was thinking about your PC.

When you browse your internet do you delete history?

They might "ban" jw.forum if they find out about this "without borders congregation" :eek:

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Is jw-russia.org still available in Russia? 

This is from jw.russia.org

The prosecutor's office obtained a ban on the book, which is a chronological retelling of the four Gospels. The decision to ban the Smolninsky District Court of St. Petersburg, and May 5, 2016 book "The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived" was included in the federal list of extremist materials.

Beyond belief !!! :o

Quote from Newsweek:

No surprise there!  The Russian authorities certainly wouldn't want an organized group such as Jehovah's Witnesses to file an appeal in a timely fashion.  How long did the brothers have to prepare for the initial trial date before receiving papers of the lawsuit?  A week?  The RF may actually break a record and send it two weeks beforehand this time around!