JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1392 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

17 hours ago, sunshine said:

Maybe the Judges personal pride kicked in (it must be hard professionally to sit and not even go through the motions of doing your job 

Agreed.  Although he had his marching orders, he had to feel a degree of embarrassment as a legal professional.

I think of the boxer who will throw the fight. He still may have a need to show he could of won, if not bought-off.

16 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Scroll up to post 3185 and you will get your answer...

Guess I really did a face plant on that one. OOPS!!!! Thanks. :crush: 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

20 minutes ago, Loopy said:

http://fox-news24.com/trump-warns-russia-over-jehovahs-witnesses-ban-and-urges-members-to-seek-asylum-in-the-us/

Hopefully this isn't "fake" news. Trump's feelings about Russian ban of Witnesses.

more info about fox-news24.com  http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/fox-news24.com  basic rule if its to good to be true it probebly isnt 

"Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort,  who comforts us in all our trial, so that we may be able to comfort others in any sort of trial with the comfort that we receive from God. For just as the sufferings for the Christ abound in us, so the comfort we receive through the Christ also abounds. Now if we face trials, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are being comforted, it is for your comfort, which acts to help you to endure the same sufferings that we also suffer"... Corinthians 1:3-6

IF YOU KIDS DON'T STOP CRYING ABOUT COMFORT BACK THERE, WE'LL GIVE YOU SOMETHING YOU'LL WISH YOU WERE COMFORTED ABOUT!   says the Russian government.

A little skit inspired by my childhood memories riding in the back seat of the car with my siblings.

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

In the morning I like to listen to our National News on our oldest radio station BBC Radio 4 (known during the War as the Home Service) that is famed for it's News and discussion/documentary programs. The BBC radio morning news is well respected and listened to in the UK Houses of Parliament where BBC Radio 4 have an office and often do interviews with politicians.

During the daily morning news hour, when they report from around the World, they have a break for an item called "Thought for the Day". I don't usually take much note of it. However, I was surprised that a clergyman actually spoke quite eloquently and fairly for 4 minutes about the  plight of our brothers and sisters in Russia with some history of JW persecution.

I don't know how to share a downloaded podcast, and I know that some areas don't see/hear our BBC website items, but here is a link to it any way. Click on the Dr Giles Fraser podcast:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00szxv6/episodes/downloads

3 hours ago, HoneyflakeT said:

I don't know if this was already posted?

http://fox-news24.com/trump-warns-russia-over-jehovahs-witnesses-ban-and-urges-members-to-seek-asylum-in-the-us/

[MODERATOR EDIT: Beware! fox-news24.com is a fake news site that tries to appear as related to Fox News although they are not linked.]

Domain Name: FOX-NEWS24.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2097317170_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.wildwestdomains.com
Registrar URL: http://www.wildwestdomains.com
Update Date: 2017-04-06T08:36:24Z
Creation Date: 2017-02-13T01:03:48Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-02-13T01:03:48Z
Registrar: Wild West Domains, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 440
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@wildwestdomains.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
Reseller: Koofoo Domains
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street: 14455 N. Hayden Road
Registrant City: Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province: Arizona
Registrant Postal Code: 85260
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.4806242599
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.4806242598
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: fox-news24.com@domainsbyproxy.com
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Registration Private
Admin Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Admin Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Admin Street: 14455 N. Hayden Road
Admin City: Scottsdale
Admin State/Province: Arizona
Admin Postal Code: 85260
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.4806242599
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +1.4806242598
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: fox-news24.com@domainsbyproxy.com
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Registration Private
Tech Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Tech Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Tech Street: 14455 N. Hayden Road
Tech City: Scottsdale
Tech State/Province: Arizona
Tech Postal Code: 85260
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.4806242599
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +1.4806242598
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: fox-news24.com@domainsbyproxy.com
Name Server: NS47.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS48.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

24 minutes ago, retroHelen said:

In the morning I like to listen to our National News on our oldest radio station BBC Radio 4 (known during the War as the Home Service) that is famed for it's News and discussion/documentary programs. The BBC radio morning news is well respected and listened to in the UK Houses of Parliament where BBC Radio 4 have an office and often do interviews with politicians.

During the daily morning news hour, when they report from around the World, they have a break for an item called "Thought for the Day". I don't usually take much note of it. However, I was surprised that a clergyman actually spoke quite eloquently and fairly for 4 minutes about the  plight of our brothers and sisters in Russia with some history of JW persecution.

I don't know how to share a downloaded podcast, and I know that some areas don't see/hear our BBC website items, but here is a link to it any way. Click on the Dr Giles Fraser podcast:

That is pretty good... it is good to see that even some of the clergy get it...

"It is the state that is extremist "

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

Many Witnesses are eagerly applying the situation in Russia to the time in the Bible when the King of the North will attack God's people.  This isn't it.  The Slave has helped us understand that before the final attack peace and security will be declared and all of false religion will be destroyed.  

I can only pray that my present posts are accurate, let alone try to unravel prophecies 

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

17 minutes ago, Luezette said:

Lance, forgive me for not being that knowledgeable about these things, but what is a proxy server, and a memory stick?

Anyone? :confused:

Proxy server is something like a middle man. For example, If you can't access a given site then, a proxy server can help you to access the site. That's how people access banned sites.

Also a proxy server is used for anonymity.

Memory stick is nothing but your sd-card used in your phone or camera.

Sometimes used to refer pen drives too.

Edited by yettosee

1 hour ago, futurepromise said:

Domain Name: FOX-NEWS24.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2097317170_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.wildwestdomains.com
Registrar URL: http://www.wildwestdomains.com
Update Date: 2017-04-06T08:36:24Z
Creation Date: 2017-02-13T01:03:48Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-02-13T01:03:48Z
Registrar: Wild West Domains, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 440
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@wildwestdomains.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
Reseller: Koofoo Domains
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street: 14455 N. Hayden Road
Registrant City: Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province: Arizona
Registrant Postal Code: 85260
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.4806242599
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.4806242598
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: fox-news24.com@domainsbyproxy.com
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Registration Private
Admin Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Admin Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Admin Street: 14455 N. Hayden Road
Admin City: Scottsdale
Admin State/Province: Arizona
Admin Postal Code: 85260
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.4806242599
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +1.4806242598
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: fox-news24.com@domainsbyproxy.com
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Registration Private
Tech Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Tech Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Tech Street: 14455 N. Hayden Road
Tech City: Scottsdale
Tech State/Province: Arizona
Tech Postal Code: 85260
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.4806242599
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +1.4806242598
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: fox-news24.com@domainsbyproxy.com
Name Server: NS47.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS48.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

In a nutshell, this domain registrant's information is private (not available to the public). Domains by Proxy one of a number of providers who offer this service to people and companies who wish to remain anonymous. If you need to contact the owner, you do so through Domains by Proxy who will forward your (e)-mail to them. I have assisted in a number of cyber squatter matters for one of our firm's clients, so am familiar with this.

I remember years ago, when we in France were facing unjust taxation we had a blitz campaign... it was so EXCITING.  It was all done in one day, and started at 6am in the morning.  The boxes were to be opened at 6 on the dot (not a minute before) and we all had a meeting just before... the brothers told us what to do and not do (it wasn' t  house to house it was only in the street).  I was enjoying myself until  they got to the part "What to do if you are arrested"... LOL. We started in the dark and gave the leaftlet to everyone.  One woman took the leaflet, held it up to my face and slowly  very s-l-o-w-l-y  tore it into tiny pieces... no matter because that was when she was going to the metro (train station) and I knew there would be another witnesses at the other end when she got off the train.   And another on the way to her work.

By the end of the morning people were coming up to us and asking what was going on and the news reports were "Jehovah's Witnesses get angry!"... lol... We placed millions and millions.   I was so glad I started early because in many areas by the time the friends got off work in the evening and wanted to take part, we'd ran out.  It was so amazing...  Of course that was in France not Russia, and the brothers I'm sure won't deliberately antagonize the authorities or put the brothers and sisters in danger, but it shows that Jehovah's people won't go quietly.  Jehovah makes us courageous.

I'm not a prophet or a son if a prophet... But see my previous post! let's see if it's fake news.

1 hour ago, retroHelen said:

I was surprised that a clergyman actually spoke quite eloquently and fairly for 4 minutes about the  plight of our brothers and sisters in Russia with some history of JW persecution.

With so many articles to share, I think this one really says it best, succinctly and with the background history aligning what's happening to JWs now with the dark days of totalitarian rulerships. Who ever thought we'd be there again? If you weren't personally involved as a witness, wouldn't you be worried about democratic freedoms being eroded and abused like this? I know some people are genuinely seeing this that way, though many now have forgotten what the rise of nationalism did in the 20th century spawning two world wars.

2 hours ago, retroHelen said:

Today we lost the case we were fighting against the initial suspension of activity. Of course, the verdict became irrelevant after the Supreme Court decided to liquidate the organization. The lower court seemed to be influenced by the Supreme Court's decision so we can expect to lose all of the current trials in lower courts.

The appeals court appears to be the best bet at winning, but Jehovah doesn't always act according to human logic.

"People don't know what they like, they like what they know."

4 hours ago, Luezette said:

Lance, forgive me for not being that knowledgeable about these things, but what is a proxy server, and a memory stick?

Anyone? :confused:

Luezette, what Lance means is that the Slave will make sure the Russian brothers receive their spiritual food, as you said.

In past times they did that by smuggling printed publications. Today they  can simply send emails with the publications or download them from secret websites. There is no way the authorities can stop that.

10 hours ago, HoneyflakeT said:

I don't know if this was already posted?

[MODERATOR EDIT: Beware! fox-news24.com is a fake news site that tries to appear as related to Fox News although they are not linked.]

9 hours ago, procarvalho said:

this link is real?

{THIS IS FAKE AND UNFORTUNATELY HAS BEEN SPREAD AROUND A LOT. ACCORDING TO "SCAMADVISOR" IT HAS A 73% CHANCE THAT IT ORIGINATED IN GHANA IN AFRICA AND IS NOT TRUE.}

https://www.theworldnewsmedia.org/topic/35504-trump-warns-russia-over-jehovahs-witnesses-this-is-fake-news-beware/

15 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

{THIS IS FAKE AND UNFORTUNATELY HAS BEEN SPREAD AROUND A LOT. ACCORDING TO "SCAMADVISOR" IT HAS A 73% CHANCE THAT IT ORIGINATED IN GHANA IN AFRICA AND IS NOT TRUE.}

Well......(grumble, grumble)....he should have said it.

Since he did  not, is it too political to say #NotMyPresident? :)

Edited by TrueTomHarley

4 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Well......(grumble, grumble)....he should have said it.

Since he did  not, is it too political to say #NotMyPresident?

Well, the world didn't end so I guess you're ok saying that. ....just not in genteel company. ...wouldn't want any misunderstandings. :uhhuh::lol:

13 hours ago, BibleSteve said:

It seems so ridiculos. You have a law that states you can on Freedom of choice & you don't need a document for the nature of using a complex.

& Another law that says if your caught then you will be charged for your choice of Freedom. Very confusioning to follow correctly.

I read in yes in Yesterdays news plus todays.

The UK Prime Minister has urged Mr Putin to not go a head with the Ban

As its goingg against their constitution on Freedom.

Mr  Trump has stated also to reconsider or he will Use this constitution against Mr P.

Interesting!!!!!

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody."